Help solve a family fight!!

COOLKID007

Original Poster
My husband and I were just discussing the approximate length of stay of an average WDW vacation. I said at least a week he said about 4-5 days. Any opinions would be helpful and appreciated. I love to prove him wrong!
Thanx!:lol:

MissM

I don't know that there is a set average. FL residents tend to come out for a day or a weekend; people from within the US come out for 4-9 days or so; overseas guests often come for more like two weeks.

Disney pushes the one-week package deals right now so those are probably popular with vacationers, however, I wouldn't be surprised if there were also a lot of people coming out for 5 days or so since that would give them a buffer when returning home before having to go back to work/school.
-m

col

EpcoTim said:
Wow, 3 weeks? Thats pretty sweet.

thanks, it was. i enjoyed every minute of it and i cant wait to go back. it was one of the best and most memorable times i have had there.:)

DisneyChik17

We'll be in Disney for 8 days on our next trip. It will be our longest one so far, but we are looking forward to it ALOT.

I would say to go for however long you can go for and are comfortable with. Just keep in mind that you don't want to rush. It is better to have too much time (if there is such a thing) than not enough.

In all of my trips to Disney I have stayed a week each time with a maximum of ten days on one occasion. I believe that a week is enough to do tons of things on the property but a week still isn't enough time if you want to experience everything at Disney!

"Let's not lose sight of the fact that it was all started by a mouse."-Walt Disney

Valawen9

Well being that I only live a couple hours away, the usual amount of time I stay is 3 days...but I'll be staying 4 in October. :D

mickeysaver

Since rediscovering my hidden Disney Addiction gene back in 2001, we have spent anywhere from 3 days to 8 days at the WDW resort. In December we decided that our 6 night trip was too short for all that we had planned and it felt rushed. I am planning less stuff for our next trip, but I also still want 8 nights....it's a trip for my 40th birthday. Time will tell. I love WDW and there is no way that I can ever have too much time there. I don't like going with the commando style touring pattern. The idea of vacation means that you should feel rested and relaxed at the end....not tired and in need of a few days off. Good luck with your hubby and have fun planning. Maggie

Vernonpush

Maybe you should do a poll. I don't know how to set one up on here, but I'm sure someone else can help you. We stay an average of 7 nights.

wdwcastwannabe

i lived there for a year and went to the parks on every day off i had...never saw everything i wanted to, i suggest go as long as you can...

disneygirl746kt

I normally stay 3 or 4 days when I go down. I've been there so many times my dad and I go down to ride our favorite rides. Spend a few hours at Animal Kingdom (Ride about 5 rides) and MGM studios (Eat-sometimes, Tower of Terror, Rock'N'Rollercoaster x5) A day at Epcot (to see my brother sometimes) and A day at Magic Kingdom. The extra day we spend either a few hours at all the parks or we go to Islands of Adventure or Wet'N'Wild

Well lets see, ever sense i was not even a half of year old... we have stayed there for 2 weeks if we can... so yeah 2 weeks works for me! I mean you get to do what you want, and go back and do stuff, plus you dont have to be at a rush!!!

IWorkWTeeth

For the past 2 summers, we stayed for 2 weeks each. If we go during the school year, we always stay for 7 nights. All depends on how much school the kids will be missing.

Kadee

We started off taking short trips (there were only 2 parks) of about 3-4 days. Then when MGM was added, our trips were about 5 days. Now, they are 8 days in Disney and we've added 3 on to the front for a few Universal trips.

Dagger

This December for our Honeymoon we are staying for a mere 3 days and 3 nights, however, it's only because we weren't going to take a Honeymoon at all, so I am happy for the 3 days. We are also going back in Spring/Summer 2007 and staying 7-8 days. I believe you could stay extremely busy for up to 2 weeks if you wanted to do everything Disney and Universal and relaxing, etc etc etc

Here's the trip countdown for these forums and you can get an estimate at what everyone's staying for their next trip. I scrolled down to my pathetic 3 days and noticed I'm like the ONLY one....especially during the Christmas season!!

http://www.wdwmagic.com/tripcountdown.htm

JEDIsney

When I was little, my family and I would stay at Disney from one to two weeks. We would do everything we possibly could in that time period, and it would either be once or twice a year.

Now I don't go with my family, and I go with other families. Our trip, from beginning to end, usually lasts for ten or eleven days, but we're usually in the parks for seven, eight, or nine of those, because we either drive or take the train down, which adds a lot of extra days.

This time, I'm going with a different family (I don't just tag along, I'm invited, lol). They're not afraid of planes like the other family is, so we're going on a plane this time. But we're only staying in the parks for five days, including the arrival day, and then we're leaving on the sixth day in the early morning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom