Help selecting dates for trip

wdw2011por

My foster (almost adopted!!!) daughter has been awarded a Make-A-Wish trip to Disney World and Universal. The dates we have to pick between are January 1-7, 2-8, or 3-9. I know it’s just a couple of days difference, but is it better to go with the later dates to get away from the New Year’s crowds or does it really not matter that time of year?

epcotisbest

My foster (almost adopted!!!) daughter has been awarded a Make-A-Wish trip to Disney World and Universal. The dates we have to pick between are January 1-7, 2-8, or 3-8. I know it’s just a couple of days difference, but is it better to go with the later dates to get away from the New Year’s crowds or does it really not matter that time of year?

I would say 3-8 just to let the holiday crowds diminish a little, but does that cut out one day? If so, 2-8.

Upvote 0

wdw2011por

Original Poster
Ok, then, 3-9 it is. Have a wonderful trip whichever days you choose. Are you going to be staying at the Give Kids the World Village?
Probably staying at the village. They said we could choose to stay onsite at a WDW resort, but we are just thankful for the trip and don’t want to seem ungrateful. Plus the village looks pretty amazing!

Upvote 0

epcotisbest

Probably staying at the village. They said we could choose to stay onsite at a WDW resort, but we are just thankful for the trip and don’t want to seem ungrateful. Plus the village looks pretty amazing!

While I don't have any personal experience, I have a friend whose daughter had lukemia at age 4. They did a Make-a-Wish trip and stayed at the Village and loved it. She is in her 20s now, full remission and no signs of the earlier illness. They sometimes go back and do a volunteer day at the Village as a way to kinda pay it forward.
Funny, one of the most memorable things for the kids (and they are a big family) was all the all-you-can-eat ice cream.
Seems kids can take the all-you-can-eat thing as a challenge.

Upvote 0

Shouldigo12

My foster (almost adopted!!!) daughter has been awarded a Make-A-Wish trip to Disney World and Universal. The dates we have to pick between are January 1-7, 2-8, or 3-9. I know it’s just a couple of days difference, but is it better to go with the later dates to get away from the New Year’s crowds or does it really not matter that time of year?
Congratulations on the adoption! :D I agree, go with the 3-9.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Yes, better to get further past the holiday to let the crowds leave. The 3rd may still have residual crowds and youre getting into the weekend for the locals. Enjoy the trip to the fullest. Weve sponsored kids before. Its a wonderful program that gives the kids and families some memorable moments and time to relax away from the stress and burdens left at home.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom