Help Save CoP/TimeKeeper

General Grizz

Original Poster
Here's a way to help - you should see some Tomorrowland CMs with clipboards - ask them about CoP and Timekeeper - or City Hall. They will check off the attraction every time they are asked and they may even reopen the attractions if they are asked to a certain amount. Your imput adds to the doors of these attractions opening up more and more! (And talk to more than one CM, too!)

This information comes from WDWBlues.com

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Here's a way to help - you should see some Tomorrowland CMs with clipboards - ask them about CoP and Timekeeper - or City Hall. They will check off the attraction every time they are asked and they may even reopen the attractions if they are asked to a certain amount. Your imput adds to the doors of these attractions opening up more and more! (And talk to more than one CM, too!)

This information comes from WDWBlues.com

I will definately be doing this. Also, write them emails, and snail mail letters.

NowInc

I know that without saying anything some of you will know my stance on these type of things....but all the power to you..I wish you luck....

Pioneer Hall

What did he or she say??

He told me nothin I didn't really know. Te most interestingthing he said though was about the Disney Philosohy. It was everything Walt was agianst. He said that if THEY don't feel it will make them profit then it isn't worth it. My eyes almost fell out of my head when I heard that.

Carl

I will look for the clipboard.

It is one thing to close an attraction to put something in its place, but just to close it and let the attraction just sit there is quite another. I don't approve of closing attractions just because the attendance isn't as great as it was formerly.

NowInc

Re: I will look for the clipboard.

Originally posted by Carl
It is one thing to close an attraction to put something in its place, but just to close it and let the attraction just sit there is quite another. I don't approve of closing attractions just because the attendance isn't as great as it was formerly.

Well..see..thats where things get a bit complex...

We dont KNOW if they have anything planned for that spot yet. Thre are various little rumors here and there that seem to waver towards that direction..but no one knows...

Perfect example..Horizons. The whole time it was closed, we had no idea why....truth was..Disney knew about Mission:space LOOOOOOOOONG before horizons closed in the first place....

General Grizz

Original Poster
Well, we don't know. Was it "dangerous"? Was it just getting old? Or was it lacking attendance?

I remember my last ride. It was in December of 1998. We knew this would be our last time. It was night...I touched the letters of the 'If We Can Dream It' sign...it was a sad evening. It is so sad that they destroyed it.

I hope there is a Disney heaven. The attractions deserve it.

NowInc

Well, we don't know. Was it "dangerous"? Was it just getting old? Or was it lacking attendance?

I remember my last ride. It was in December of 1998. We knew this would be our last time. It was night...I touched the letters of the 'If We Can Dream It' sign...it was a sad evening. It is so sad that they destroyed it.

I hope there is a Disney heaven. The attractions deserve it.

Yeah..it was like the most UN-Gracefull destruction I have ever seen...the building looked like it was suffering *sniff sniff*

General Grizz

Original Poster
The bulding itself was like a family member. I had tears coming down when I was at the park. This was before deconstruction, with all of those Bells (I forget the group name)...it was so upsetting...but add your feeling of Horizons to three other major EPCOT attractions and you know what I am going through....and one that is currently closed that adds even more to my feeling of loss... not to mention Tiki Room ...

Pioneer Hall

I saw part of the buildng being destroyed. I didn't like that Disney just did it in plain day light. They also left half a building there while they were in the process of destroying it. Couldn't it have collapsed?

NowInc

Well..i guess it could have been worse...at least they didnt use any TNT (at least not visible...they did implode the structure tho)

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by NowInc
Well..i guess it could have been worse...at least they didnt use any TNT (at least not visible...they did implode the structure tho)

An explosion would be very dangerous. They couldn't control how far out debris would go. It could caue damage all over Epcot.

General Grizz

Original Poster
The CM friend of mine who worked at Horizons was one of the people with the Groundbreaking shovel. She also held the wrecking ball. I find it very unloyal...I wouldn't destroy things I love...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom