Help - question about tickets

bucklmd

Hello Disney Friends,

I need some expert advise. My husband and I are spending just a couple of days at the parks May 15 & 16th. My sister has 2, 4-day park hopper plus passes with 2 days left on them. She is not planning to use them and is going to give them to us. It says on the back of the ticket that they are non-transferrable, but haven't tickets always been transferrable? I believe you can even buy left-over park hopper days at gas stations in the Orlando area. I know that they don't sell park hoppers any longer, but she bought them right before they changed, so the old rules still apply. Can anyone provide some insight on this? I am really trying to make this trip as affordable as possible. We are going to Universal as well and if I can save on the free Disney tix, then that would be perfect!

Thanks in advance for any help!

JPVonDrake

bucklmd said:
Hello Disney Friends,

I need some expert advise. My husband and I are spending just a couple of days at the parks May 15 & 16th. My sister has 2, 4-day park hopper plus passes with 2 days left on them. She is not planning to use them and is going to give them to us. It says on the back of the ticket that they are non-transferrable, but haven't tickets always been transferrable? I believe you can even buy left-over park hopper days at gas stations in the Orlando area. I know that they don't sell park hoppers any longer, but she bought them right before they changed, so the old rules still apply. Can anyone provide some insight on this? I am really trying to make this trip as affordable as possible. We are going to Universal as well and if I can save on the free Disney tix, then that would be perfect!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Officially all Disney tickets (past and present) are non-transferable and must be used by the same person on any and all days. This policy has been in effect since the early 80's after Epcot opened.

However, most tickets sold prior to January 2, 2005 do not list the name or other identifier of the original user.

:lookaroun feel free to read between the lines. :animwink:

As for your other question about gas stations selling used tickets...

The resale by anyone (gas stations, fly by night kiosks, etc) of used Theme Park tickets is illegal in the state of Florida. This law protects tickets from all parks (Disney, Universal, Sea World, Cypress Gardens, etc.)

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

bucklmd

Original Poster
Thanks for the response. I kind of thought that was the case, but was reading about Disney now requiring a fingerprint. I was last there Jan. 2004 and that wasn't going on then. I thought it might be a recent change that everyone now gets fingerprinted. We'll see what happens! Thanks again!

Upvote 0

righttrack

bucklmd said:
Thanks for the response. I kind of thought that was the case, but was reading about Disney now requiring a fingerprint. I was last there Jan. 2004 and that wasn't going on then. I thought it might be a recent change that everyone now gets fingerprinted. We'll see what happens! Thanks again!

Its not really fingerprinting, but a biometric scan that measures the length of your fingers. So they register the finger length with the first use, and then match it each time. They could ask you to show ID, but in busy times, they would likely just wave you through.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom