Help, please!

Welsh Tink

Original Poster
We are hoping to go to California next summer for our holiday, looking to arrive around July 20th. We have been to Florida many times, but have never been to Disneyland.
Could anyone tell us how crowded the parks get at this time of year? Coming from the U.K. we will be jetlagged for the first few days, so will be able to hit the parks really early ,as we'll wake around 4a.m. or so.
Also, could anyone recommend where to stay off-park if we decide not to stay at a Disney hotel?
Any other tips you could give us?

Fantasmic!329

The Desert Inn is a nice place to stay, and it is directly across from an entrance to get to the DL Main Plaza (from there you can go to DCA, DL, or DTD.)
While the hotel is not fancy, it is enjoyable. Here is their website.
I stayed at the Desert Inn last month.

Enjoy your trip to California. If you have any other questions, either post them here or PM me, as I just visited there last month. :wave:

TTATraveler

The parks should be busy as it is the summer and The Happiest Homecoming on Earth Celebration will still be going on. As for hotels, that depends on how much you want to spend. There are lots of motels and hotels to choose from. I have stayed at Disney's Paradise Pier and the Hilton and had no major problems with either. I always see positive comments on the Howard Johnson's and Candy Cane Inn.

CThaddeus

This has always worked well for me, both at Disneyland and at Disney World: if I can't afford to stay at a Disney Hotel (read - always), I go to Priceline.com, name a ridiculously low price, and go for at least 2 1/2 to three star hotel. I've gotten the Hyatt for $35 just down the street from Disneyland (less than a mile, if that), the Sheridan for $28 a night at Disney World (just outside the Disney World property), and so forth. True, you have to give them a credit card, and once you book it, you can't change it, but if your plans are set, I think it's worth it.
As for Disneyland, yes, it will be quite crowded. As someone who lives just down the freeway from it (and goes there approximately once a week!), I can tell you that from late May to Labor Day, there really are no light days at the Park. California Adventure may be a different story, as it doesn't get the numbers Disneyland does, but it will have lines longer than you'd get in, say, early May.
In any event, you'll have a great time...of that I have no doubt. And who knows, you may accidentally run into me there.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Welsh Tink said:
Coming from the U.K. we will be jetlagged for the first few days, so will be able to hit the parks really early ,as we'll wake around 4a.m. or so.
When you arrive in California (which is about 8 hours behind UK time) stay up as long as you can that first night. This way you'll have a really long sleep, feel fully refreshed and be up before most of the locals - coming back home will be the worst

imagineer boy

If you stay off property, I highly reccomend that you stay at the Serton Anaheim. Its very nice, comfortable rooms, and its also well themed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom