Help Please POFQ VS CSR!!!!!

petey

Original Poster
Hello All, In the past I have only stayed in two resorts AKL (several times) and WL (twice). I will be coming to The World in early Jan. 2014, and am trying to cut expenses so I have booked @ POFQ. I really like all the restaurants over @ AKL plus have made friends with some of the bartenders over at Victoria Falls. Someone mentioned CSR resort as a suggestion as it is closer to AKL than POFQ would be. However some folks have mentioned that since I am use to staying in a one main building resort (AKL & WL) that I may not like all the walking and the bus service at CSR (much larger) than what I am use to. People suggested POFQ much smaller and better bus service. I realize there are pro's & con's to both and "trade offs", so please give me your opinions and feed backs on both these resorts (plus & minus). Again I am now booked @ POFQ, so should I leave it alone or switch over to CSR? Please I need your thoughts!!!!!!

copcarguyp71

We have stayed at both and although POFQ seems to have a huge fanboi following we just "were not feeling it" We enjoyed CSR much more and in fact it is the only resort we have ever rebooked a successive trip to the very next year and that is with having stayed at Deluxes and mods. It all has to do with your taste really but we enjoyed the feel of CSR with the mexican feel, beautiful grounds and nice rooms with actual doors between the bathroom and bedroom (I really never understood why anyone finds a shower curtain acceptable in this regard). The service was great and dining choices good although we never ate dinner there. Bus service is not shared with any other resort and there are four bus stops around the resort so you are never more than five minutes from a stop and no more than seven minutes walk to the main building from the farthest point of the resort. It's pool is VERY nice and they have kids activities all afternoon so mom and dad can kick back...or enjoy the fun water slide with the kids (I enjoyed the latter:joyfull:).

Buzz2001

My family would pick CSR in a heartbeat! Besides having a great main pool area, CSR also offers many deluxe amenities at a mod price. CSR also offer business club level rooms now with lounge access.

CSR has queen beds, a sliding wooden door separating the sink area from the room (can be good for little ones napping in a pack n play) but only one sink.

Amenities include a fitness center, spa, free wi-fi, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night/dance club.

The resort offers the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner).

CSR has the largest hot tub of the mods and one of the longest pool slides on Disney property. The pool, slide and playground area is great and all located in one area at the main pool.

Bus service is terrific and is not shared with another resort.

You'll definitely want to check out Buzz's CSR website and forum below. It helped with my planning tremendously. :thumbsup2 There is also a CSR Forum with lots of information including up-to-date convention and rehab schedules. Have a great trip!

CSR Website
[URL='http://myapi.io/?c416789[/url']http://myapi.io/?c416789[/url]

CSR Forum
[URL='http://myapi.io/?e88b4cf[/url']http://myapi.io/?e88b4cf[/url]

jkl2000

It all has to do with your taste really but we enjoyed the feel of CSR with the mexican feel, beautiful grounds and nice rooms with actual doors between the bathroom and bedroom (I really never understood why anyone finds a shower curtain acceptable in this regard).

I believe the curtain is only between the bedroom and the sink. There's a door between the bathroom and the shower/toilet. I've stayed at hotels where there wasn't even a curtain separating the bedroom from the sink, so I don't think that's so unusual.

copcarguyp71

Yes, but CSR has actual doors where others have the curtain. I still find the curtain pretty cut-rate for the prices paid and am happy that CSR has doors.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
CSR is a nice resort and they have Rix lounge, so if you like hanging out in a lounge that can be a fun place. I didn't think it was a lot of walking there, but we stayed in the Cabanas section near the main pool and El Centro. I haven't stayed at POFQ but I walked around and it was okay, not my style. But it is a smaller resort if you want to stay with that.

dannyboyindc

One thing to keep in mind about CSR, they have a large convention center there, so depending on when you go there might be something going on. Typically companies rent it out for expos, and seminars. We didn't mind at all, but I believe GE was there last time we stayed there.

Disvillain63

CSR is our moderate of choice. We've been there for Marathon weekend and just visiting when other convention groups were there. It has never been overly crowded or hard to get around. We love eating at the Mayan Grill.

jkl2000

Yes, but CSR has actual doors where others have the curtain. I still find the curtain pretty cut-rate for the prices paid and am happy that CSR has doors.

No problem, I'd probably take a door too if given the choice. I just realized the reason for the curtain is it probably makes that area seem a bit roomier than if there was a door there, being swung open and closed, and probably. But I hear ya.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom