Help! Other's are getting the AKL cheaper

Candyapple

Okay before I begin, let me just say that I'm aware that I havent been inconvenienced in any way and that I had already booked at AKL when I heard about this. I keep hearing people brag about how cheap theyre getting the AKL because they were moved from POFQ. I know that I wasnt inconvenienced in any way but just knowing that it is possible to get the room at a better rate made me think I could too. I just think that since I found out about this, as a courtesy, that they would be kind enough to change my rate. I heard people are getting the standard room for as little as $94 a night and the savanah for $127. I got the Florida rate of $124 a night but kills me to know that I could get it cheaper or even better yet pay an extra $3.00 a night for the savanah. I tried calling central reservations with no help. The rep just flat out said no even after I gave her like I dont know how many codes. Then there was an uncomfortable silence on the line. She said she had no supervisor and that there was no one above her I can speak to. Someone please give me some tips on what I can do. Does anyone know of a code or someone I can ask for?:confused::veryconfu:

Listen it may not seem fair that I am demanding this, but I will be there for my little girls 5th birthday and she's a zoo lover. If I could only get that upgrade at the discount, I would be the happiest person in the world and they would prove that they CAN make wishes come true, if someone else got it, then its not impossible. :(

Thanks in advance for your replies!

ShanenLuvsDsny

How do you guys get these low rates? I went on WaltDisneyWorld.com and checked the rates for Dec. 21-24 and it said $418 per night!! I can stay at Best Western Lake Buena Vista for $49 the same dates. I KNOW that's not a Disney Resort, but look at the price difference.:veryconfu :dazzle:

Upvote 0

Figaro

ShanenLuvsDsny, try checking http://www.mousesavers.com for discounts. It will probably be difficult for the time you are looking for since that is their busiest time of year.

I usually find I get better rates when I call for reservations, rarely have I found a discount from disneyworld.com. Just call up and ask they to check whatever codes you find at mousesavers or other sources. Also, sometimes it is worth the money for one person in your party to get an Annual Pass and get that room discount (Although, they seem to be rare these days). They generally don't release discounts until a few months before they expire. (Like the fairytale discount is only until October 31, 2003 and AP rates are only available until the end of July right now.)

If you already have a room, you can still call and see if you can apply any discounts as you get closer to your vacation. Good Luck!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom