HELP me!!! Revise trip, cancel, or still go??

nickys

Premium Member
Believe it. My nieces did it (both under 8) and didn’t even complain. Kids are moldable. You prep them, practice and keep talking about it BEFORE the trip, and they will be fine with it.

If I’m OP, I’m still going, just be prepared for no physical character interaction but you still see characters and can do some character dining.

The low crowds, no worries of fast pass planning, and almost no wait times make it 100% worth going.
I think the only character dining right now is at Topolino’s for breakfast. No fireworks, no BBB, no meet and greets ie: hugs from characters.

PurpleMan

In the Parks
No
The low crowds, no worries of fast pass planning, and almost no wait times make it 100% worth going.
That's exactly why I'm going in a couple months...

tumblr_m12382rBL31rqfhi2o1_500.gif

NelleBelle

That's exactly why I'm going in a couple months...

View attachment 487126
yes, but do you have a 7-yo who is wanting M&G, fireworks, and BBB on her list of "must-do's"? I'd go IN A HEARTBEAT right now if I could for the low crowds since none of those things are things my family cares about (nor parades), however, not willing to risk it with type 1 diabetes (darn it, takes all the fun out of things)! Plus, I would definitely want to go for more than 3-days, which is what I think we are all encouraging the OP to do since she has young kids.

JIMINYCR

If it was an adult only trip I'd say go but with two young children with one whose enjoyment will definitely be tempered by the lack of character interaction and the other so young... I'd be waiting for a better, safer time. Cruise is really a no no in these times. Save up some more money and do a return trip but then make it extra super for her. At 7yo you have lots of time to do follow up trips that will be more memorable and better remembered for a Disney thats complete.

PurpleMan

In the Parks
No
yes, but do you have a 7-yo who is wanting M&G, fireworks, and BBB on her list of "must-do's"? I'd go IN A HEARTBEAT right now if I could for the low crowds since none of those things are things my family cares about (nor parades), however, not willing to risk it with type 1 diabetes (darn it, takes all the fun out of things)! Plus, I would definitely want to go for more than 3-days, which is what I think we are all encouraging the OP to do since she has young kids.
Nope. I have no kids or any other commitments in life other than my job. I'll be going alone.

Dave B

Hey guys, I haven’t planned many Disney trips and I haven’t been as up to date on covid stuff with Disney until today.

The main things she will care about at Disney will be character greetings, character dining, Bibbidi Bobbidi boutique, and fireworks. We planned to attend the regular firework show on the 16th, and one of the Christmas parties while we are there. We usually go to the dessert party and garden viewing for fireworks. I know I need to call and set all that stuff up but I can’t decide what to do. Everything is so up in the air at Disney, I guess I just want opinions on if one way would be safer (as far as keeping our plans and having a good time I mean. We will practice social distancing, wear masks, etc to be actually *physically* safe.)

Anyone have any thoughts?
character greetings, character dining, Bibbidi Bobbidi boutique, and fireworks---NONE OF THESE ARE BEING OFFERED

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The flip side to this is that with a short trip there will be plenty to fill those days, it's not like you'll run out of things to do and wish there were fireworks or a character meal to fill the extra time.

I would personally have zero problem with a Disney trip that doesn't include the things you listed as priorities, but that goes to show it's a matter of individual preference. I'm not sure what to advise other than to say that a short trip focused solely on attractions sounds fun, and would still be worthwhile.

I agree with everyone on the cruise. You couldn't pay me to get on a cruise ship this year.
Not sure hammering rides is a good trade off for kids those ages
CANCEL and DO NOT go on the CRUISE, that is even WORSE
I’m not sure I agree. Don’t think cruise ships are necessarily more dangerous...

They just won’t be running so it’s moot.
Believe it. My nieces did it (both under 8) and didn’t even complain. Kids are moldable. You prep them, practice and keep talking about it BEFORE the trip, and they will be fine with it.

If I’m OP, I’m still going, just be prepared for no physical character interaction but you still see characters and can do some character dining.

Uh huh...nothing’s gonna stop us now, eh Starship?
This is the mentality of someone who has been to the parks many times pre-COVID and will be back many times post-COVID. For people who are visiting on more of a "once in several years" basis, it makes more sense to wait for the full experience.

It's the same advice I give when people ask if they should go with a baby. If you go every year anyways, continue to go with a baby. If you only go every few years or once in the kid's childhood, wait until they're older.
This. I’d have no problem going assuming the precautions were adequate. We’re still hoping for DLP later this year (third time lucky) - but I’d tell any first timer or irregular visitor to skip this year.
It’s the mentality of the “my Disney! Yay disney! How long to disney! Life doesn’t exist without Disney!”

...completely resisting the times we are in..and not wearing it well.

Chef Mickey

I think the only character dining right now is at Topolino’s for breakfast. No fireworks, no BBB, no meet and greets ie: hugs from characters.
Garden Grill also doing character dining. I know about all that stuff..was just there 10 days. I’m saying the other stuff more than makes up for it.

Giss Neric

The main things she will care about at Disney will be character greetings, character dining, Bibbidi Bobbidi boutique, and fireworks
If this is the case then might as well cancel. However, I brought my 8 year-old niece when we went and we rode 14 attractions in a span of 2-3 hours. It was enough compensation for her to not care about character meet and greets and enjoyed her trip.

MickeyCB

I sadly agree with everyone above regarding all of the things that will not be available this year and maybe next year.

But, I would suggest whenever you choose to go, to stay longer as the number of days you are contemplating are what we call a blitz visit.
First day isn't full because of some travel, 2 full days and last day is departure day. (That is assuming you don't live nearby).
The blitz trips are doable if you are willing to pound it out and have park hoppers so you can squeeze in more than one park per day, which you currently can't.

The one thing that contradicts what I just said is with the very limited park attendance it appears people are able to experience a lot of the attractions with much smaller wait times, but again, there isn't a lot else to do.

I personally would never consider a cruise currently.

MissViv

You can wait until closer to the trip, maybe October, to cancel if things do not improve or get worse.

I have a trip planned in late October (going solo) and am waiting until the last minute to cancel if things are worse.

I think she would still enjoy the trip with all the Christmas Decorations and shorter lines. Might just be a Magical Once in a Lifetime Trip!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You can wait until closer to the trip, maybe October, to cancel if things do not improve or get worse.

I have a trip planned in late October (going solo) and am waiting until the last minute to cancel if things are worse.

I think she would still enjoy the trip with all the Christmas Decorations and shorter lines. Might just be a Magical Once in a Lifetime Trip!
Well...the epidemiologists said if you screw up the lockdown in the spring...it’s gonna flash.

And it happened.

They’re also saying that it will be of more concern likely in the traditional virus season - late fall and winter...

...you do the math. I don’t see how waiting to October is going to make everything look ok.

crawale

CANCEL and DO NOT go on the CRUISE, that is even WORSE
Can't think of anything worse than being stuck in the middle of the ocean on an infected ship that no one wants to dock in their state. Remember what happened to those poor souls stuck when COVID hit.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Can't think of anything worse than being stuck in the middle of the ocean on an infected ship that no one wants to dock in their state. Remember what happened to those poor souls stuck when COVID hit.
Yup. I'm not afraid of COVID in the slightest. I'm very afraid that people who ARE afraid of COVID would leave me stranded on a boat for weeks.

Dave B

Not sure hammering rides is a good trade off for kids those ages

I’m not sure I agree. Don’t think cruise ships are necessarily more dangerous...

They just won’t be running so it’s moot.

Uh huh...nothing’s gonna stop us now, eh Starship?

It’s the mentality of the “my Disney! Yay disney! How long to disney! Life doesn’t exist without Disney!”

...completely resisting the times we are in..and not wearing it well.

You kind of proved my point, if they were not more dangerous, they would be running, no?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You kind of proved my point, if they were not more dangerous, they would be running, no?
I think they have no staff and no market as if stands. And no ports.

Cruise ships have already learned hard lessons with very public battles with noroviruses.

They have redesigned and changed policies. Nobody knew about corona when last they set sail...I imagine they would be aggressive if they resumed.

But they know they’ve got nothing to sail for as it stands.

People are lauding Disney...it’s so safe?!?!

What a great job! Well...as long as there isn’t any incidents. That’s not a small factor in the perception.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom