help me please

brer big bear

Account Suspended
Original Poster
:sohappy:
hello how is everybody doing today! i need some help my wife and i are moving to the orlando area in august. we are moving from boring omaha,ne but hey i'm from pennsylvania. i want to know how can i get a job application from wdw or universal studios. if you don't mind telling how is life in sunny florida.
we are planning to move metro west only 1.5 miles away from universal studios that is so cool. but we been hearing how buggy it is like palmentto bugs and grasshoppers are bad any truth. thank you from bear heres my email junglebears@aol.com

The Mom

Premium Member
No, no bugs at all

SPLATT!!! Damn, these Palmetto bugs are getting smarter and smarter....must be mutations due to all the pesticides. ;)

epcot71

i got into a fist fight with a palmetto and lost -he was slapping me around and saying"whos your daddy?":dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle:

The Mom

Premium Member
brer big bear, we've been teasing you a little (but just a little) about the bur situation. There's an old saying that goes..."There are 2 types of Floridians. Those with bugs in their house, and liars!" When I first moved here 20 odd years ago, I freaked over the bugs, and damn near killed myself with all the sprays and pesticides I used. When I realized I was fighting a losing battle, I decided that containment would be better. As long as I didn't see any out in the open, I would be OK. Now I just "fight" to that level. I suggest that guests NOT look too closely under the sink or in the back of drawers. However, I'm not seeing any more critters than I did with all of the poisons, and I'm sure we're healthier. Having or not having bugs has nothing to do with cleanliness down here...although it doesn't hurt, and even helps, to keep things meticulous, if possible. But even then, you're going to see them from time to time. As long as they don't mug you, I wouldn't be bothered by it! ;)

And yes, Palmetto Bug sounds nice, but it's still a big roach! (with lots of little brothers and sisters) ;)

NowInc

Im not sure abour north florida..but here in south florida another annoyance is SPIDERS...even tho I love the little buggers..they make these massive webs on my balcony that are a pain in the butt to clean...

And uh..I just remembered.,.the bugs really shouldnt be your biggest concern.....now GATORS..thats a whooooole other topic ;)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Hi brer big bear,
can you hit REPLY rather than NEW THREAD everytime you wish to make a reply. You started about 10 threads earlier, and I think you meant to REPLY to a previous post. thanks :)

cm1988

Applying at WDW

For most roles at WDW, you just go to the Casting Center at Lake Buena Vista, and if the shoe (or glass slipper!) fits, you may be hired on the spot. If you want more information, visit the WDW career website or call the JobLine at (407) 828-1000. It's open Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
The Casting Center is open Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. for walk-in interviews.

As Turkey Leg Boy has noted in other postings, monster.com and other job bulletin boards post WDW salaried/technical openings as well.

Wishing you well in your move!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
ok.. the WDW aspect has been answered, here's Universal. Coming from Metrowest-

Take Hiawassee Road south all the way to the end. make a left at the light

Make a right onto Turkey Lake Road

Universaal HR is hidden on the left in a parking lot. You should be able to see the giant "Human Resources" sign on the building.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom