Help me plan a Disney World trip!!!

yenanh00

So the date are set to Sept 22nd - Sept 29th. We will be traveling red eye and wont get to Disney World at 8 AM the next day. there will be 6 of us ( me, DH, 13 yrs boy, 7 yrs old girl, 3 girls girl, and 2 yrs boy. )

1. Does Disney gift card work at restaurant as tipping or buying food? or should I just buy Visa Gift card?

2. Do you recommend going to AK on our first day there since our room wont be ready and we just got in from overnight flight?

3. For airline question, I know we are not allow any kind of liquid that are not 3 oz or over. what about medicine? I need it for my son. Do I need a dr note?

4. How long is the commute to Seaworld and Universal from POR with bus? what about cars?

5. About mickey not so scary halloween party, would a cast member check for MNSHP ticket if I happen to be at Magic Kingdom that day? would they kick us out of MK if we dont have additional MNSHP ticket? The reason I'm asking is because we have reservation for CRT at 8 on the same day as the party.

6. about CRT, how you request a window seat? also Spectro Magic and Wishes will happen at the same time when I have reservation for CRT. would the family be able to see while we eat or I should skip CRT and attend the Spectro Magic and Wishes?

Thank you. I may have more question in the future.

DisneyJoe

2. Do you recommend going to AK on our first day there since our room wont be ready and we just got in from overnight flight?

5. About mickey not so scary halloween party, would a cast member check for MNSHP ticket if I happen to be at Magic Kingdom that day? would they kick us out of MK if we dont have additional MNSHP ticket? The reason I'm asking is because we have reservation for CRT at 8 on the same day as the party.

2. It's very possible that your room may be ready. Plan for that just in case. Otherwise, I assume you are planning for AK since it closes the earliest? Don't forget, many feel that its also the hottest of the parks.

5. 8pm? They will check for wristbands and severely limit where you can go and what you can do in the park during MNSSHP.

Upvote 0

yenanh00

Original Poster
^^^ since AK might be really hot for us since we are from Seattle, what other recommendation do you have? I'm think something low key since I dont want to over stimulate and tired out the family.. Thank you

Upvote 0

tizzo

3. For airline question, I know we are not allow any kind of liquid that are not 3 oz or over. what about medicine? I need it for my son. Do I need a dr note?

The 3 oz rule only applies to carry-on. You can pack larger quantities in checked baggage.

There are some exceptions for medical supplies. TSA maintains a web site with pretty detailed information:

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/index.shtm

4. How long is the commute to Seaworld and Universal from POR with bus? what about cars?

I don't know about buses, but driving it's probably about 10-15 minutes to Sea World, and 15-20 minutes to Universal once you get to I-4. I-4 can get very congested, so travel time can vary.

During hard ticket events like MNSSHP they severely restrict your movements through the park. They set up lines of cast members across major passageways and won't let you pass without a wristband. One night we got stuck there about 10 minutes before the start of the MVMCP. We were trying to take my 3YO niece to the restroom before we left, and they would not let her pass.

I don't know how it works if you have an ADR. I know you need a park ticket to eat at CRT during normal hours, so I assume you're supposed to buy a MNSSHP ticket to eat there during the party.

6. about CRT, how you request a window seat? also Spectro Magic and Wishes will happen at the same time when I have reservation for CRT. would the family be able to see while we eat or I should skip CRT and attend the Spectro Magic and Wishes?

I've only been to CRT once, for breakfast, about six months ago. My best recollection is that the only windows overlook the back of the castle, into Fantasyland, and do not include a view of the parade route. I really can't say how much you'll be able to see of the fireworks, if anything, but you certainly won't see all of them.

Also, in case you didn't know, if your reservation is the night of MNSSHP, they won't be running Spectro or Wishes, they'll be running a special Halloween-themed parade, and Hallowishes instead.

Upvote 0
I would worry about taking the family to a park that morning when you get in - no matter how many naps you may have taken the day of your flight, when you fly through the night and don't get a decent amount of sleep, everything is a bit off the next day. And coming off a long flight with no shower or sleep - sounds like a bit of a disaster at the parks, but that's just my opinion. We would probably:

Check In (SOMETHING will be available within the hour, I almost guarantee it)
If you can't check in immediately, leave your bags (if you haven't taken the ME), and hopefully you've packed swimsuits in your carry-on. Take everyone to the food court for some well deserved breakfast, then go play in the pool until your room is ready. Then let everyone nap, shower, etc. Then I'd spend the evening at the parks - it just avoids meltdowns. :)

Upvote 0

lilclerk

Check In (SOMETHING will be available within the hour, I almost guarantee it)
If you can't check in immediately, leave your bags (if you haven't taken the ME), and hopefully you've packed swimsuits in your carry-on. Take everyone to the food court for some well deserved breakfast, then go play in the pool until your room is ready. Then let everyone nap, shower, etc. Then I'd spend the evening at the parks - it just avoids meltdowns. :)
I love this plan. I agree, you most likely all be way too tired to go to any park and enjoy it. Just relax and enjoy your resort that first morning, you'll be glad you did =)

You can stay in the MK until 7pm the night of the Halloween party without a party ticket.

Also yes, your Disney gift card will work for tipping and buying food pretty much everywhere in WDW. The only places you may have trouble are a few of the snack carts that don't take credit cards, but I haven't run across one of those in a very long time.

Just so you know, Disney does not provide bus transportation to Sea World and Universal, you'd have to get a cab or rent a car for the days you'll go there.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom