Help me pick a deluxe hotel

Decided that we will be heading back to Disney in April, but having a hard time deciding which hotel to stay at. I am a Disney hotel snob and would prefer a deluxe hotel. My favorite is the Poly and although it's on the list of possibilities still, I'm a bit nervous about the potential construction that might be going on. We have stayed at the WL and I wasn't a huge fan. The kids (6 & 8) mentioned the Contemporary but not sure they will be thrilled with a week of it, considered AKL but not too adventurous with food and not thrilled with it being so far away from everything and I thought maybe Beach Club but I'm concerned about quick service choices there. So many choices and considerations, any recommendations and why?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Beach Club. Hands down, those kids will love you for the pool. Contemporary is a pain to go to the pool area and food areas are always packed, especially if it rains and everyone at the MK visits the Contemporary. Been there, done that. Boy their rooms are nice though, spacious. AKL is a pain being far, not thrilled with the food but their QS is the best of the best, pool is huge but tourists always walking through the pool area, annoying.
Beach has limited QS yet you are so close to other venues around there that it just is the least of the downfalls of the deluxes. I do like Boardwalk though too, but again many tourists tootling around the quiet areas. You don't get that at the pool area of Beach.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

I agree about the construction at the Poly. I wouldn't want to stay there while that was going on either. The WL is my favorite, but since you aren't a fan of that, I would pick either the Grand Floridian or Boardwalk. GF has many different food options, including the best CS for any Deluxe, plus the option of walking to the Polynesian for their restaurants, and being just 1 monorail stop away from the Magic Kingdom. Boardwalk is great as well. CS isn't an issue there. The Bakery is open first thing in the morning and is very good. You can always walk over to the Yacht Club for breakfast. Many people opt for Yacht or Beach because of Stormalong Bay, but I prefer Boardwalk for the theme and atmosphere.

Upvote 0

sgtmgd

I agree about the construction at the Poly. I wouldn't want to stay there while that was going on either. The WL is my favorite, but since you aren't a fan of that, I would pick either the Grand Floridian or Boardwalk. GF has many different food options, including the best CS for any Deluxe, plus the option of walking to the Polynesian for their restaurants, and being just 1 monorail stop away from the Magic Kingdom. Boardwalk is great as well. CS isn't an issue there. The Bakery is open first thing in the morning and is very good. You can always walk over to the Yacht Club for breakfast. Many people opt for Yacht or Beach because of Stormalong Bay, but I prefer Boardwalk for the theme and atmosphere.

I agree with the Capt! Boardwalk is also our favorite.

Upvote 0

aw14

My sister just came back from the beach club, and as a hotel snob herself, she couldnt stop raving about it. Personally, WL looks amazing, and would be my choice.

Upvote 0

Avenger117

I would definitely say Beach and Yacht over staying at Boardwalk. Especially for a hotel snob, they are really nice, well themed, and with great staff!

Upvote 0

cornandacobb

Epcot resorts FTW.

When do you want QS choices? Breakfast, lunch, dinner?
Beach Club/Yacht Club has the BC marketplace. Plus the Boardwalk bakery is just a stroll away.
There is also Hannah's Grill and Beaches and Cream for sandwiches and such.

Upvote 0

Mickey2minnie1

I would go Poly if they are focusing on rooms only. Stay CL and you will get a brand new room!! Otherwise I would do GF. Good food, great pool, and next to the MK. Good luck!

Upvote 0

s&k'smom

I had to laugh at the resort snob remark as I am one and proudly raising my kids that way!! I loooove the GF, my kids think the pool area is awesome and it's so easy to get to different resorts from there. Have stayed at AKL and loved it. But if I had to choose another resort besides GF I would go with Beach Club the kids will love the pool.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

My kids loved the Contemporary. We're trying Yacht Club for the first time next month and I'm actually pretty nervous about revealing the surprise to them b/c they really wanted to stay at the Contemporary again whenever we go back. They liked being able to see MK from the hotel, being able to walk to MK, they loved having the monorail, etc.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom