"help me" on It's a Small World

rccola18

Original Poster
prior to the rehab of It's a small world, I remember seeing a doll in a hot air balloon with a sign saying "Help Me" in red lettering. The doll was the only one who had a sad face. IT was a bit disturbing to me. When I went on it after the rehab I can't recall seeing it again. Does anyone remember this or am I the only one?

Horizons1

For one reason or another, the doll was removed during the rehab and never came back, or he could have been changed to a smiley face.

rccola18

Original Poster
Horizons1 said:
For one reason or another, the doll was removed during the rehab and never came back, or he could have been changed to a happy face.

thanks for the confirmation..just makin sure i wasn't crazy. did you think it was disturbing?

Horizons1

rccola18 said:
thanks for the confirmation..just makin sure i wasn't crazy. did you think it was disturbing?

When I was little, I thought it was a bit scary ( that whole clown fear thing *shudder*). When I was older I thought it was funny as he was the only one in the entire ride not smiling.

kcnole

When I was little, I thought it was a bit scary ( that whole clown fear thing *shudder*). When I was older I thought it was funny as he was the only one in the entire ride not smiling.

Well, the only doll not smiling. I'm sure there have been plenty of parents who are sitting there not smiling as they know that song is going to be stuck in their heads for the rest of their lives.

Horizons1

Well, the only doll not smiling. I'm sure there have been plenty of parents who are sitting there not smiling as they know that song is going to be stuck in their heads for the rest of their lives.

LMAO :lol:

HoW

I remember the figure from when I was a child. I used to hate it's a small world when I was a kid, but my sister loved it, so we had to go on it every visit. I don't remember it being disturbing, but I always felt like I was right there with that figure,... help me, help me, help me!

rccola18

Original Poster
kcnole said:
HAHA

thanks for all your help :) if you have additional comments keep them coming.:eek:i feel a happy vibe in this forum.

rccola18

Original Poster
HoW said:
I remember the figure from when I was a child. I used to hate it's a small world when I was a kid, but my sister loved it, so we had to go on it every visit. I don't remember it being disturbing, but I always felt like I was right there with that figure,... help me, help me, help me!
hehe aww, there there.

Chickapin Chick

I found a picture:

http://www.andyscoasterpage.com/images2/smallworld7.jpg

The camera angel, unfortunately, isn't quite dead on, and the picture appears to be a bit dated. Is this the clown you were talking about? I hope this helps.

I must say, I was pleased to see a thread about "It's A Small World." It's my favorite attraction of all time! I prefer the DL version, but the new facade at MK is absolutely gorgeous. I wasn't digging the previous paint job.

rccola18

Original Poster
Chickapin Chick said:
I found a picture:

http://www.andyscoasterpage.com/images2/smallworld7.jpg

The camera angel, unfortunately, isn't quite dead on, and the picture appears to be a bit dated. Is this the clown you were talking about? I hope this helps.

I must say, I was pleased to see a thread about "It's A Small World." It's my favorite attraction of all time! I prefer the DL version, but the new facade at MK is absolutely gorgeous. I wasn't digging the previous paint job.
that's the guy! i am not a big fan of IT's a small world but i'll ride it if i'm forced to. :lookaroun

Chickapin Chick

rccola18 said:
that's the guy! i am not a big fan of IT's a small world but i'll ride it if i'm forced to. :lookaroun
I'm glad I could help you find the culprit.

Forced to ride "It's A Small World?" Ah. Why don't you just stick a knife in my heart? :) I'm usually the one forcing people to go on. I lure them on by telling them that they get to sit down in a cool, air conditioned building for about fourteen minutes.

rccola18

Original Poster
Chickapin Chick said:
I'm glad I could help you find the culprit.

Forced to ride "It's A Small World?" Ah. Why don't you just stick a knife in my heart? :) I'm usually the one forcing people to go on. I lure them on by telling them that they get to sit down in a cool, air conditioned building for about fourteen minutes.
once the boat leaves the loading dock you know you're trapped for a very very long time. If you have read Kingdom Keepers i will recommend it for any Disney fan.

jmvd20

I really enjoy poking fun at the ride but I must also be honest. It is on my must ride list every time we go to the MK. A few years ago when it was done for rehab I was upset about it. My fiance on the other hand was very happy she didn't have to ride it. I guess I like it because it's one of the few remaining "classic" rides that have been left alone.

Chickapin Chick

Just want to make sure...

The book I am looking for is Kingdom Keepers by Ridley Pearson. Is that correct?

I am a huge "Small World" fan, as I posted earlier. I'm not going to end up hating it after I read the book, am I?

T-1MILLION

I always kind of liked that fellow...probably my fav doll on the ride. In a sense he is really knows how we feel..haha just messing.
I like what hypercatmatt said.:lol:

-Preston

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom