Help me make my Power Point!

robynchic

Original Poster
Being a campus representative for the Walt Disney World College Program, I've decided to make a power point presentation with all of my pictures from my three programs and the times I've worked there as seasonal.

Here's what I need your help with- I'm trying to find some fun, funky music to go with the powerpoint, timing the slide transitions with the music. I have one song that I absolutely REFUSE to let go of (I'm using the Bare Necessities, covered by Bowling for Soup), and I need one more (yes, the presentation is THAT long!). I'm looking for a song that doesn't sound too Disney (I know, how rude. But I'm going for a college crowd that doesn't want to hear stereotypical Disney music). I'm dead-set on having something that sounds like rock or pop-punk, to make it sound more edgy. Here's what I've tried so far, and the problems I've found with them-

• The Jonas Brothers- "Yo Ho" (pop-punk sound; too short)
  • Skye Sweetnam- "Part of Your World" (again, pop-punk; fun, but it's too short again)
  • Jump5- "Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride" (pop; cute, but I'm not sure how well it would go)
I had thought of the Smashmouth version of "Wanna Be Like You", but then that's two songs from the Jungle Book, and I'm not keen on doing that.

So now that you guys have an idea of the sound I'm going for, give me some ideas! The slideshow is 38 slides long. When I'm done with it, if I can find a server that's willing to take 16+ megs for a "video", I'll post it. Or if I can figure out how to post to my website on my school account, I'll do that :animwink:

tigsmom

Being a campus representative for the Walt Disney World College Program, I've decided to make a power point presentation with all of my pictures from my three programs and the times I've worked there as seasonal.

Here's what I need your help with- I'm trying to find some fun, funky music to go with the powerpoint, timing the slide transitions with the music. I have one song that I absolutely REFUSE to let go of (I'm using the Bare Necessities, covered by Bowling for Soup), and I need one more (yes, the presentation is THAT long!). I'm looking for a song that doesn't sound too Disney (I know, how rude. But I'm going for a college crowd that doesn't want to hear stereotypical Disney music). I'm dead-set on having something that sounds like rock or pop-punk, to make it sound more edgy. Here's what I've tried so far, and the problems I've found with them-
  • The Jonas Brothers- "Yo Ho" (pop-punk sound; too short)
  • Skye Sweetnam- "Part of Your World" (again, pop-punk; fun, but it's too short again)
  • Jump5- "Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride" (pop; cute, but I'm not sure how well it would go)
I had thought of the Smashmouth version of "Wanna Be Like You", but then that's two songs from the Jungle Book, and I'm not keen on doing that.

So now that you guys have an idea of the sound I'm going for, give me some ideas! The slideshow is 38 slides long. When I'm done with it, if I can find a server that's willing to take 16+ megs for a "video", I'll post it. Or if I can figure out how to post to my website on my school account, I'll do that :animwink:

How about Grim Grinning Ghosts by Barenaked Ladies?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
From another viewpoint...

Have you gone through and taken out duplicate photos or maybe anything that done potrait vs. landscape and put two photos side by side to start trimming down how long your presentation will run?

I mean, a photo montage running longer than any of those songs sounds like a long presentation. Are there any transitions FX that are snazzy but not really needed and eat up time? Are there photos that repeat? Like the same person/scene/object from different angles? Or that really aren't of WDW? I mean, when i take photos, i occasionally get strange random things like the edge of a curb or the parking lot, ya know?

So, maybe see if you can pair it down some that way too.

robynchic

Original Poster
From another viewpoint...

Have you gone through and taken out duplicate photos or maybe anything that done potrait vs. landscape and put two photos side by side to start trimming down how long your presentation will run?

I mean, a photo montage running longer than any of those songs sounds like a long presentation. Are there any transitions FX that are snazzy but not really needed and eat up time? Are there photos that repeat? Like the same person/scene/object from different angles? Or that really aren't of WDW? I mean, when i take photos, i occasionally get strange random things like the edge of a curb or the parking lot, ya know?

So, maybe see if you can pair it down some that way too.
Believe me- I'm picky about my photos. Every picture that's in there is different. And I have up to 5 pictures on any given slide. Yes, I have a few slides that are "title" slides, for my programs and when I was seasonal. But if I didn't have those, the slideshow would look weird.

tigsmom

While fun, and PERFECT for when our presentations are (October 31 and November 1), it would be weird to have something slower and more mellow, then Bowling for Soup.

I haven't heard the song you picked out, but BNL's song is not a slow one.

dopey

How 'bout that Mickey song from the 80s? "Oh, Mickey, you're so fine. You're so fine you blow my mind. Hey, Mickey..."?

Or maybe the "The Sleeping Beauty" by Tchaikovsky?

"Sittin' on Top of the World" by Howlin' Wolf?

I don't own them, nor have I heard them, but aren't there any tracks you could use from those CDs that have current artists doing Disney songs?

Good luck with your project.

GenerationX

Two suggestions:
1. "By the Way", Red Hot Chili Peppers. Cool, funk-pop-punk groove. The chorus includes the clearly sung lyric "standing in line to see the show tonight", which is quite applicable to WDW.
2. "These Are Days", 10,000 Maniacs. This one's a little older, but the lyrics are extremely upbeat and the tune is incredibly catchy.

Good luck! :)

robynchic

Original Poster
I went with one of the Pirates of the Caribbean remixes. In the end, it worked out nicely. Now I just need to figure out how to post it on my school website...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom