Help Me Decided Which Moderate Resort is the best for my family?

HappyHaunts999

My personal favorite is Coronado Springs. I love "shopping" for breakfast at the Pepper Market each morning. The pools are great, scenery is beautiful and its easy to catch the bus each day to the parks.

Upvote 0

k.hunter30

We've stayed at all three. My favorite is by far POFQ. It has a wonderful theme and is the most compact of the resorts (that's why we like FQ a lot better than Riverside -- the last thing I want to do after a long day of walking around in the parks is walk a long way just to get to my room!)

After POFQ, I would rank CB second and CS third. :wave:

Upvote 0

Hummer1676

You can't go wrong with all 3. They all are really good. Coronado is the newest of the three but is catered more towards conferences. Carribean Beach is really nice but it is a large complex. Port Orleans is nice because its compact and close to MK, Epcot, and MGM. It just depends on what atmosphere you like. I would read about them on waltdisneyworld.com or just let the kids decide, you're gonna win no matter what.

Upvote 0

coltow

I think that POFQ will win my decide is to be the Port Orleans French Quarter when this poll is finished.
We chose FQ because it was smaller than the others. We loved the pool at CS but not the food court. Be aware that the main pool at CB is closing for 6-9 months.

Upvote 0

carebearsrgr8

Hmmm

If it I had kids I would do FQ. Its def has the family atmosphere. We stayed there when I was little and I loved it! Especially the slide. I think its a dragon slide or something...:) Just my two cents Although if your kids love the beach then maybe CB is better suited

Upvote 0

cooleo

My personal favorite is Coronado Springs. I love "shopping" for breakfast at the Pepper Market each morning. The pools are great, scenery is beautiful and its easy to catch the bus each day to the parks.

I will second this, My thoughts exactly!!! CSR is Very Beautiful & the walking paths are Great!!! The Pepper Market is alot of fun.:slurp:

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
The downside to Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach is their size. You don't want to be doing a lot of walking when you're getting off the bus at 11:30 after leaving the MK. That being said, I LOVE the theming at Coronado Springs.

Upvote 0

cooleo

The downside to Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach is their size. You don't want to be doing a lot of walking when you're getting off the bus at 11:30 after leaving the MK. That being said, I LOVE the theming at Coronado Springs.

This problem is easily solved by doing your homework. Just scope out the layout of the resort & then make a building / room request with reservations. Don't forget to call back when you get within 5 days of your trip & reaffirm your request. I have done this and my walk to the nearest bus stop was about 30-45 SECONDS, to the Main Building 90-120 SECONDS & to the Dig Site (Main Pool) 2-3 MINUTES. If you are diligent, you will get what you seek MOST of the time. It all depends how much time you care to spend planning & I personally believe you can never plan too much. :king:

Upvote 0

jalpcm

On our last visit we stayed at the PO-Riverside. It was absolutely beautiful. We would of stayed at French Quarter, but seeing that we are from the New Orleans area, we wanted to get away from home! So we decided to stay in the Mansions which were really nice and not so much like we see everyday. We have never stayed at the CS or CB so I comment on them. I can stayed that we did really enjoy our stay at Riverside.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom