Help me decide

pj4963

Original Poster
We are planning a trip to Disney first week of June. Trying to decide between Yacht Club, Beach Club or Coronado Springs.
I know first two or deluxe and Coronado is moderate but the tower rooms looks amazing.

Tuvalu

If you want Deluxe amenities at a moderate price, Gran Destino is the way to go! We enjoyed our stay very much and preferred the Dig Site pool over Stormalong Bay.

Views from the tower are pretty cool too.

Mr KK

The great thing about staying at Yacht or Beach Club is the fact that you can walk to Epcot (and possibly Studios if you're feeling like some extra cardio).

I've always loved Coronado, even prior to Gran Destino opening. Now, you've got the tower, the views & the new dining options (Toledo, Three Bridges Bar & Grill, etc)...hands down, Coronado for me!

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Yacht Club is my favorite, but it really depends on if you have kids or not. Yacht Club is great for adults only trips, their lobby is quieter than BC but you still are just as close to Epcot, HS, and the Boardwalk is also really cool to hangout at.

If you have kids I would go with BC or CS. BC offers Cape May Cafe which used to have character breakfasts but who knows when that will return.

I'm about convivence and Coronado Springs requires a bus to go everywhere whereas the Yacht and Beach have the ability to walk, take a boat, Skyliner, or bus to get around.

nickys

Premium Member
I don’t think you’ll be able to book the Beach Club as there’s no re-opening date yet. You could book at the DVC villas though, if Disney have availability.

Personally I’d go for the Yacht Club for being able to walk to two parks, and Stormalong Bay.

crawale

We are planning a trip to Disney first week of June. Trying to decide between Yacht Club, Beach Club or Coronado Springs.
I know first two or deluxe and Coronado is moderate but the tower rooms looks amazing.
We visited Coronado during a June trip and it was disgusting. Dead flies everywhere, dirty room and had to walk up stairs - just a glorified, and maybe not even that, motel. Love BC or YC but prefer BC since dogs are allowed at YC. Would not like to have had a dog sleeping in my bed.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
We visited Coronado during a June trip and it was disgusting. Dead flies everywhere, dirty room and had to walk up stairs - just a glorified, and maybe not even that, motel.
I'd consider this an isolated incident... we've stayed there a couple of times and had zero issues with room cleanliness or dead bodies in the rooms. And yes, there are stairs which are very convenient to almost all rooms, but there are also elevators in each building that might force you to walk a bit farther.

JusticeDisney

I would say Beach Club, hands down. Of course, it’s not even open right now so, depending on when your trip is, that would be something to obviously keep in mind.

CAV

Beach Club, like others said, for the convenience to HS and Epcot. Heck, the restaurants along the Boardwalk are probably not much further away from the BC as some rooms at the Coronado are from their restaurants .

Its an easy walk to the International Gateway from the BC-much closer to the World Showcase from the BC than the walk from the bus stop through Future World to the World Showcase. If you dont want the lengthier walk to the HD (but still not that bad), you can walk to the skyliner at the International Gateway.

NelleBelle

We had the same dilemma about choosing YC vs BC villa for our trip in April. YC won me over since it’ll be my mom and me going and I wanted my own bed that wasn’t a fold-out. Plus, our criteria was the ability to walk and not be dependent on Disney transportation for all parks. Also, storm along bay...have always wanted to go! 😀

KTK

Of the three you mentioned, I only stayed at the Beach and Yacht. They are basically one big hotel since they are connected. Good places to eat. Great location, can walk to Epcot through International Gateway (5-10 minutes) and is only a two stop boat trip to HS. My teenage kids actually prefer Yacht over Beach so I don't necessarily agree with Yacht being more adult only. Plus Boardwalk is right across the lake. Where else can you walk a short distance to three different hotels in Disney? Disney did announce that Beach Club is opening 5/30/21.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom