Help me decide where to stay in July!

Epcot-Rules

Original Poster
OK, the wife and I are going to a convention in mid July. I checked availability and most everything is available. We will be arriving on the 14th and checking out on the 19th. We will probably visit Epcot and HS during our stay. We have stayed at the Poly once and it was during construction. We were not fans of it, it had that feeling of being old, run down and in need of updating. We have also stayed at Boardwalk many times and love it. When we were younger, we stayed at all the All-Stars. We have also stayed at GF, Coronado, FW Cabins, FW Campgrounds, Contemporary, and now we want to try something different. Price is not much of a concern.

Bay Lake Towers looks nice but we've never stayed there. We are partial to the Epcot area. Where should we stay this trip? Where do you like and why?

correcaminos

If you are partial to Epcot, stay by Epcot at Y&BC or Swan & Dolphin. That way you get the area you love but something new. I'm partial to the Swalphin but get that people want more of a Disney inclusive stay so I'd pick Yacht Club then. I like it a hair more than Beach Club and it's a beautiful feeling there.

Just to tease a little - you stayed at a resort during construction - of course it felt run down ;) I suggest trying again another time after the refurb I hear will be happening. It's really a great location for both Epcot and MK.

Club Cooloholic

I assume a cash stay since we're not in the DVC area? If so I agree, they are costly for what you get. Nice looking resort, but I find them overpriced cash wise.
I think points wise as well, more expensive than the Beach Club and Boardwalk. If they love Epcot(as it says in the his name), I would lean towards Beach or Yacht club. That said, it's neat to stay at a brand spanking new resort too.

correcaminos

I think points wise as well, more expensive than the Beach Club and Boardwalk. If they love Epcot(as it says in the his name), I would lean towards Beach or Yacht club. That said, it's neat to stay at a brand spanking new resort too.
It is. As a DVC owner I could suck it up and deal. When I see cash prices it makes it worse to me lol. Like you, I think a real Epcot resort would be preferable.

It sucks. Completely miserable. Sterile "rich old person" atmosphere. Generic and boring. Plain. Blah. Like a fancy nursing home. Everything is white and beige. The lobby and grounds are dull and uninspiring. Nothing Disney about it.
I love this description. We plan to see it in person but no one in my family wanted to stay there.

Epcot-Rules

Original Poster
It sucks. Completely miserable. Sterile "rich old person" atmosphere. Generic and boring. Plain. Blah. Like a fancy nursing home. Everything is white and beige. The lobby and grounds are dull and uninspiring. Nothing Disney about it.
Thanks for the heads up! We are only 47 so we aren't partiers these days, but we do have our moments. Now I'm leaning back towards Boardwalk, never had a bad or unpleasant stay there in 3 visits and it is one of my wife's favorites. Not to mention, we usually go to Jelly Rolls when we stay at BW.

Club Cooloholic

If I won an all-expense-paid trip and I could choose Art if Animation or Riviera, I'd choose Art of Animation in a heartbeat.
That just can't bode well for this property, short term maybe they saved a few dollars by making it plain, but really how much? Long term, they aren't exactly getting me excited over Reflections, which by the way I think is going to be stocked full of "blue membership card only" features. I dont know what, but its going to have them in order to entice purchase of direct there and at Riviera. This is just my personal hunch.

correcaminos

If I won an all-expense-paid trip and I could choose Art if Animation or Riviera, I'd choose Art of Animation in a heartbeat.
I cannot say I'd do that. I wouldn't even pass up Coronado or CSR for AoA. I just dislike values that much. Not trying to be a snob, but by the time they came along, I was used to DS or the other Disney locations. I cannot stand the theme and noises there. I'd rather a camper in Ft Wilderness.

correcaminos

Thanks for the heads up! We are only 47 so we aren't partiers these days, but we do have our moments. Now I'm leaning back towards Boardwalk, never had a bad or unpleasant stay there in 3 visits and it is one of my wife's favorites. Not to mention, we usually go to Jelly Rolls when we stay at BW.
I still think you should try YC. Easy walk to Jellyrolls too.

Epcot-Rules

Original Poster
Well, I just got an email from the wife telling me to book the campgrounds. She wants to take our dogs. We have a 40' 5th wheel so it's like having your own house at Disney. This will be our 8th trip to the campground in our RV. She loves our dogs to pass on one of the resorts, but we do enjoy staying there. We are empty nesters so these dogs are our children now.

Attachments

• 20180728_115053.jpg
    20180728_115053.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 62

correcaminos

Neither would I, that's how much I hate Riviera.

Tier 1: AKL, WL, Poly, Yacht, Boardwalk
Tier 2: Grand, Contemporary, FW cabins, OKW, SSR
Tier 3: Beach Club, PORS, POFQ, Coronado, CBR
Tier 4: Art of Animation, Riviera
Tier 5: Pop, ASMo, ASMu, ASSp

Ours would be similar in some ways though might be surprising some. I will not add Riviera until we visit. Just to say Saratoga is barely in tier 3 for me. It might be a solid 3 with the refurb. I am guessing RR will be there. Reflections I bet will be solidly tier 4.

Tier 1: Polynesian, WL, AKL, OKW, Swan, Yacht Club
Tier 2: Beach Club, Boardwalk, Dolphin, Contemporary
Tier 3: Grand Floridian, Saratoga, Coronado
Tier 4: CBR, POR/FQ, Ft. Wilderness, many Disney Springs hotels
Tier 5: Pop, All Stars (all), AoA

Tom P.

I cannot say I'd do that. I wouldn't even pass up Coronado or CSR for AoA. I just dislike values that much. Not trying to be a snob, but by the time they came along, I was used to DS or the other Disney locations. I cannot stand the theme and noises there. I'd rather a camper in Ft Wilderness.
I'm not saying that AoA is in the same class with a deluxe resort, but there is definitely no comparison between AoA and any of the other values. I remember at the time AoA opened, there was a lot of discussion about if there should even be some separate category for it, and I remember the term "Value+" being thrown about. It is quite unique, IMHO.

correcaminos

I'm not saying that AoA is in the same class with a deluxe resort, but there is definitely no comparison between AoA and any of the other values. I remember at the time AoA opened, there was a lot of discussion about if there should even be some separate category for it, and I remember the term "Value+" being thrown about. It is quite unique, IMHO.
To each their own. I base it on over all feel of the resort including theming. It's absolutely no different to me than the others. All are the furthest from relaxing for me. I know they have family suites but those are tiny and very in tune with a value feel for me. I've been to all resorts too so I'm not even basing it on pictures but being in every resort (rooms too) and at the pools and such. Just not a fan. would rather be at a non Disney resort than those.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
OK, the wife and I are going to a convention in mid July. I checked availability and most everything is available. We will be arriving on the 14th and checking out on the 19th. We will probably visit Epcot and HS during our stay. We have stayed at the Poly once and it was during construction. We were not fans of it, it had that feeling of being old, run down and in need of updating. We have also stayed at Boardwalk many times and love it. When we were younger, we stayed at all the All-Stars. We have also stayed at GF, Coronado, FW Cabins, FW Campgrounds, Contemporary, and now we want to try something different. Price is not much of a concern.

Bay Lake Towers looks nice but we've never stayed there. We are partial to the Epcot area. Where should we stay this trip? Where do you like and why?
Beach Club or Yacht Club. They're (a) in the Epcot area and (b) different from where you've stayed before.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom