Help me convince my dh

pajammies

I have a 12 year old and believe it or not, he enjoys cruising more than Disney! How weird is that? LOL I have 3 older kids (17, 18, & 19, not to mention a 52 year old husband), who all LOVE Disney.

Totally believe that, because the 9 year likes cruising more than Disney too! Both my kids beg to go on more cruises.
And get this... my husband doesn't like Disney or cruising :facepalm::banghead:

DfromATX

Totally believe that, because the 9 year likes cruising more than Disney too! Both my kids beg to go on more cruises.
And get this... my husband doesn't like Disney or cruising :facepalm::banghead:

Cruising is a lot of fun - totally different experience than Disney - but you wouldn't think that children would prefer it over Disney! Before our first cruise was right after a Disney trip. We were exhausted and my husband jokingly said he wanted to do something more relaxing the next year and that's how it began. We try to alternate the two trips. Only this summer we moved and had NO vacation at all and I'm really missing Disney!

Disneyhead'71

That would work except we'll be driving and I like to nap part of the way down
That is what those rockers on the porch of every Cracker Barrel are for. Duh!

20 min. Power Nap, then drive like a beast!

Then again, I'm probably not the person to ask about road trips. I believe that a drive from Orlando to Chicago for the weekend for a concert is doable. As in, I did that. And I would do it again!

WillCAD

There are things about FP+ that I don't care for - not being able to use the app for rotating 4th comes to mind - but overall I think it;s a good system.

The worst fear that people had when the system was announced was that all of the FPs for popular attractions would be completely taken by those making advanced selections, locking off-site Guests out entirely. But that hasn't materialized, for the most part. I've been able to get Soarin' and Test Track same-day more than once.

I certainly understand the resistance to planning out your entire trip down the time you'll ride certain rides every day - some folks prefer to wing it. But many people seem to have a circular attitude. I've had variations on this conversation several times with friends:

Friend: I HATE this new system! I have to plan out my day months in advance!

Me: You don't have to. You can forget FastPass and just use the standby line.

Friend: So my only choices are to choose my ride times two months ahead of time or wait in a long line? That stinks!

Me: Yeah, but... before there was FastPass, you had no choice but to wait in the long line. The lines are actually shorter now, because half the people are in the FastPass line instead of standby, so you can wait 20 minutes in the FastPass line or under an hour in the standby line - instead of the two hours you used to have to wait when there was no FastPass.

Friend: I just don't like it.

Me: Then do it the old way, without Fastpass. Thanks to FastPass taking all of those people out of the standby lines, the old way is better than it used to be, too.

Friend: It was never this bad when I was a kid.

Me: You mean in the Seventies, when there was only one park and three hotels?

Friend: <grumble, grumble, grumble>

jgj123

Well there are a few good things about FP+. One is, upon entering park, I am not grabbing everyone's KTTW card and rushing off to grab a fastpass. And two. Okay give me some time.
I certainly don't miss being the designated fastpass runner. We'll be taking our third trip under the new system this year and other than having to book fastpasses 60-days out, it's not that bad, plus you can adjust them once you arrive at the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom