Help Me Choose My Deluxe Resort!

disneygirl1

We upgraded to a Deluxe resort for our upcoming Dec. trip thanks to a sweet 40% off pin code! Really wanted to stay at WL, b/c it is so beautiful during the holidays, but there was no room left in the inn! :ROFLOL:So we booked a savanna view at AKL!!! So very excited, but I voted for Boardwalk. The location alone is enough to want to stay there. Walking distant to both Epcot and DHS! Perfect!

Upvote 0

Cubs Brian

A lot depends on which theme park you plan on spending the most time at. If you plan on a few days at MK I, vote for WL, Cont has better transportation, but WL has great atmosphere and 2 super places to eat. But my all time favorite Is AKL, best theming(sp.) on property,2 very places to eat plus a counter serve,real nice pool and coming back to your room at the end of a hectic day, relax with a cold one on your quiet balcony watching animals just meandering about. Also a very romantic hotel if your so inclined. Transportation is all by bus, but we've never waited more than about 10 min. for a bus.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

Boardwalk is my favorite. I didn't stay there on my trip last week, and I really missed it. When staying there, you can walk to Epcot, Hollywood Studios & Fantasia Mini-golf. There's a lot to do during your stay, and the view of the water & Beach/Yacht club is beautiful! I don't think anything can top it. :)

Upvote 0

jeffk410

I can't speak for many of these seeing as I have only stayed at a few deluxes. I will be going to AKL in the next week, but from what I have read, AKL is really about the savannah view rooms. And due to you saying cost is a priority AKL savannah view rooms are often some of the most costly rooms on property. So I would say sway away from AKL and do WL

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Boardwalk, Yacht Club, and Beach Club all have the same room rate structure, so the costs there should be the same for the same room types.

I prefer the Yacht Club or Beach Club over the Boardwalk.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Animal Kingdom Lodge - a beautiful place with wonderful theming and if you choose, the animals at your bedroom window. Its only downfall (and a tiny one at that) is its remoteness from 3 of the 4 parks

Upvote 0

disneysroyal411

I would vote Poly but it wasn't there. It smells soo good at the Poly and the atmosphere is so welcoming. Plus there is easy transportation to Magic Kingdom, Capt. Cooks(or whatever) is easy to get to and tastes good, Kona Cafe is awesome, and soo is Ohana. The rooms at Polynesian or all good to whether garden or park view. One year they even bumped us up to concierge for free to it was awesome. But I voted for Animal Kingdom because the atmosphere is awesome there to. All their food is wonderful, and the animals are soo cool to see.

Upvote 0

cdunbar

I was raised staying at the contemporary and so the contemporary is a big part of my childhood that I associate with Disney, and even now as an adult I stay there and I love it! This time when we went in September it was out of our own pocket, we usually charge everything during the holidays on one imparticular card allowing us to use the points for our long weekend at the Contemporary but being as we cut back on Christmas this year we hence didn't have the points, so we stayed at the Yacht Club and while I did enjoy it, it was a great hotel, great pool, the bed's were amazingly comfortable the view was to die for, the Contemporary is what I would call my "home" resort if you will so that's what I voted for. :D

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

We upgraded to a Deluxe resort for our upcoming Dec. trip thanks to a sweet 40% off pin code! Really wanted to stay at WL, b/c it is so beautiful during the holidays, but there was no room left in the inn! :ROFLOL:So we booked a savanna view at AKL!!! So very excited, but I voted for Boardwalk. The location alone is enough to want to stay there. Walking distant to both Epcot and DHS! Perfect!
Cool a Pin Code for Dec. That's what I'm hoping to get. AKL for my choice with the ones mentioned. WOW, I can't believe WL is already full for that time frame. That is usually a slow time. If Beach Club was an option, it would have been a harder choice, but I'm not a fan of the boardwalk.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

If you are on the dining plan, you want to eat all your meals at varied locations, with several sit down places.

Wilderness Lodge won in your poll, but it only has a very small food court, Whispering Canyon Cafe and Artist Point, with a boatride to Contemp and MK.

BoardWalk is surrounded by restaurants: ESPN, Kouzzina, Flying Fish, Big River Brew, Bakery, Seashore Sweets and not to mention the 5+ restaurants at Yacht/Beach, and the 2 dozen or more restaurants within walking distance at Epcot and MGM.

BoardWalk is also beautiful. Request a room in the main building, NOT a wing.

Upvote 0

pluto1964

The Contemporary is great. It is what Disney is all about. Growing up and seeing the Contemporary and always thinking, I would love to stay there some day. It is the place to stay in the world....

Upvote 0

jformica

Deluxe Resort

Like many of the replies you've received it depends on your likes and needs.

If you prefer to be close to the "action" then the Boardwalk or Yacht Club are the best choices. I've stayed there several times and it's always bustling with entertainment and action. Its obviously very close to Hollywood Studios and Epcot and has tons of great eating locations. The swimming pools and slides are top notch.

If you prefer to get away to a reclusive atmosphere after a busy day in the park then Animal Kingdom is the way to go. It's the quitest of the listed resorts and is quite beautiful. Wilderness Lodge is quit as well (not as quite as Animal Kingdom). However because of its proximity to Magic Kingdom it can get noisy sometimes.

The Contemporary is a "cool" resort and has some good restaurants. It also has the best marina and watersports offerings. However, it is a large conference center and therefore there are usually many business folks there hence it loses some of the Disney "magic" you get by being surrounded by families strictly there for the same purposes you are.

If I were you I would stay at Animal Kingdom then visit some of the other locations for dinner or lunch.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom