Help Locating Leave a Legacy Tile

JIMINYCR

Youre welcome. We got 2 tiles when it first was available to be purchased. One of me and DW and the second of our DS. Every trip we visit them. The tiles stay the same but we age.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
here's a question to revive a dead thread - what about if you're disabled and will likely never get a chance to see your legacy tile again? I have my numbers for panel row and tile. (the new colorful version!) I would like to see it again. How can I do this? Everyone says "go to epcot" well, that's easier said than done now that i'm thousands of miles away and in no condition to make that endeavor. How can I see this, if ever?
PM me the details. I'm at Epcot a few times a month at least, and will gladly get a picture to send your way.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
That is a great idea - thank you for the response. We are indeed lucky that they decided to keep them! I have friends who still live in the area and may be able to snap a picture at some point. Thank you!
We are indeed lucky. My parents got one of these when they were first introduced. My father has since passed away, but my mother (now 83) still joins us on all of our trips to WDW, and she always sheds a tear and cracks a smile when we visit the tile.

Here's hoping you do somehow get a chance to see it in person, but if not, I'm sure others here will be happy to post pics when they visit Epcot.

Goofyernmost

I always thought they were a colossal waste of money. The quality sucked and as this old thread points out they were always hard to find. Not to mention I hated the Epcot graveyard look. I never checked on it but can anyone tell me how much they cost originally?

JIMINYCR

Well everyone has a different take on what things are worth. And they were never hard to find. Going to guest services and using your name could get the info easily. The cost for 1 person was $35 and for 2 on the same tile $38. Not exorbitant in outlay of money. We never got to do the paving bricks at MK so we decided to do the tiles. The tiles have been at EP for many years and we get enjoyment in seeing them every trip. I agree the granite behemoths were not visually appealing and I think the new set up is much better. Leaving any kind of legacy in a persons life matters. For Disney lovers who have a Dis piece in their lives that’s important enough to maybe leaving your tile to be seen by family members and friends when you are gone might matter. Or just knowing my likeness is somewhere on Dis property when I am a thousand + miles away matters. Me, DW and DS are there until Dis removes the Legacy entirely. Thats worth my spending $73 years ago.

Goofyernmost

Well everyone has a different take on what things are worth. And they were never hard to find. Going to guest services and using your name could get the info easily. The cost for 1 person was $35 and for 2 on the same tile $38. Not exorbitant in outlay of money. We never got to do the paving bricks at MK so we decided to do the tiles. The tiles have been at EP for many years and we get enjoyment in seeing them every trip. I agree the granite behemoths were not visually appealing and I think the new set up is much better. Leaving any kind of legacy in a persons life matters. For Disney lovers who have a Dis piece in their lives that’s important enough to maybe leaving your tile to be seen by family members and friends when you are gone might matter. Or just knowing my likeness is somewhere on Dis property when I am a thousand + miles away matters. Me, DW and DS are there until Dis removes the Legacy entirely. Thats worth my spending $73 years ago.

Please don't take what I said personally. It is just how I felt about it. I am totally aware that a lot of people had a lot of good, legit reasons for buying one. Just the number of them on the walls that they are displayed on now shows that it did have some popularity.

It was once a big deal to find the paving bricks and to me were probably worth it, but what happened to them, are they still there? Seems like I remember them being removed at least in some of the places. I could be wrong, but I used to always notice them before while the last few years I went I don't remember noticing them.

JIMINYCR

Please don't take what I said personally. It is just how I felt about it. I am totally aware that a lot of people had a lot of good, legit reasons for buying one. Just the number of them on the walls that they are displayed on now shows that it did have some popularity.

It was once a big deal to find the paving bricks and to me were probably worth it, but what happened to them, are they still there? Seems like I remember them being removed at least in some of the places. I could be wrong, but I used to always notice them before while the last few years I went I don't remember noticing them.
Didnt take it personally, just answering your question. When the sales started to wane there were massive empty sections on the granite blocks so the program wasnt as successful as Dis had hoped. A while ago Dis started removing many of the paving blocks. Worn down so the etching couldnt be read or broken sections. The last trip we took there were still many there and I think now they are all removed along the walkways. Disney then had a deal where you could order a personalized paving brick to display in your home.

Last edited:

BalooChicago

My wife and I got our two free as part of our package. We visit it each year - this year it’ll be twenty years old*

*though this iteration is technically just a couple years old.

Raxel7851

We bought both the pavers and the Leave a Legacy tile. Our Paver was to the left of the entrance to the TTC. We always went over to check it out when we visited. When we got the notice it was going to be removed, we were a little bummed. But we did take advantage of the offer for the replacement plague that we have at home now. As for the Leave a Legacy tile, it’s something we check out when we visit Epcot. I don’t believe they were quite as popular as the pavers, but they are unique. If they offer something similar in the future, we’ll most likely consider purchasing them. It’s not like you can walk into a Walmart and buy them. But having said that, knowing how profit conscious Disney is these days, the price will most definitely be the deciding factor. Are there any Pavers left? We haven’t seen any lately.

Phonedave

My wife and I got our two free as part of our package. We visit it each year - this year it’ll be twenty years old*

*though this iteration is technically just a couple years old.

That is how I got mine (well my kids technically). I was some kind of "choose one of three things as a free gift" promotion. I think it was the tiles, DisneyQuest, and something else.

They are not hard to find, and we do go look at them whenever we are in Epcot,

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
We bought both the pavers and the Leave a Legacy tile. Our Paver was to the left of the entrance to the TTC. We always went over to check it out when we visited. When we got the notice it was going to be removed, we were a little bummed. But we did take advantage of the offer for the replacement plague that we have at home now. As for the Leave a Legacy tile, it’s something we check out when we visit Epcot. I don’t believe they were quite as popular as the pavers, but they are unique. If they offer something similar in the future, we’ll most likely consider purchasing them. It’s not like you can walk into a Walmart and buy them. But having said that, knowing how profit conscious Disney is these days, the price will most definitely be the deciding factor. Are there any Pavers left? We haven’t seen any lately.

I'm fairly certain all of the Walk Around the World pavers are gone. Sadly, they stopped sales a week or two before our honeymoon, as we were planning to buy one. :( I heard of a way to possibly get one (from someone here), but decided it wasn't worth the time and effort needed when it wasn't a guarantee.

After the pavers, the Leave a Legacy program, to us, always felt cheaply done and what would now be called a money grab. It just wasn't our cup of tea. YMMV. 🤷‍♂️

I also always made it a point to stop and give a nod to Roy and Patty Disney's paver outside of MK. 😢

Raxel7851

I'm fairly certain all of the Walk Around the World pavers are gone. Sadly, they stopped sales a week or two before our honeymoon, as we were planning to buy one. :( I heard of a way to possibly get one (from someone here), but decided it wasn't worth the time and effort needed when it wasn't a guarantee.

After the pavers, the Leave a Legacy program, to us, always felt cheaply done and what would now be called a money grab. It just wasn't our cup of tea. YMMV. 🤷‍♂️

I also always made it a point to stop and give a nod to Roy and Patty Disney's paver outside of MK. 😢
I think you’re right about the “cheapness” of the Leave a Legacy tiles. I’m not sorry we purchased one though. But comparing it to the pavers, it’s not even close that the pavers were the better deal.

Youre welcome. We got 2 tiles when it first was available to be purchased. One of me and DW and the second of our DS. Every trip we visit them. The tiles stay the same but we age.
Can someone confirm (with recent experience) that the app for locating the tiles works? Our last few trips (August 2022 being the most recent) the app refused to load. We asked a passing CM about it and were told that it doesn't work anymore.

JIMINYCR

Can someone confirm (with recent experience) that the app for locating the tiles works? Our last few trips (August 2022 being the most recent) the app refused to load. We asked a passing CM about it and were told that it doesn't work anymore.

Locating Your Leave a Legacy Tile​

To find your Leave a Legacy tile in Epcot, follow these simple steps:

1. Visit the Leave a Legacy display: The new display is located outside of the main entrance of Epcot, before you go through the turnstiles. The colorful panels align with the new EPCOT color block scheme.
  2. Scan the QR code or visit the website: At the beginning of each wall, you’ll find a QR code. Use your smart device to scan this code, which will take you to the EPCOT Tile Finder website. Alternatively, you can visit the website directly.
  3. Follow the website instructions: The website will guide you through the process of finding your tile. Enter the required information, such as your name, and the website will provide you with your tile’s panel number, row number, and column number.
  4. Locate your tile: Armed with your tile’s coordinates, you can now find your specific tile on the Leave a Legacy walls.

Additional Assistance​

If you have difficulty finding your tile, there are several ways to get help:

• Use the EPCOT Tile Finder website: The website is intuitive and easy to use, and it provides the exact coordinates of your tile.
  • Visit EPCOT Guest Relations: If you prefer in-person assistance, the EPCOT Guest Relations team can help you locate your tile on the display.
  • Ask a Cast Member: Often, there are Cast Members available near the Leave a Legacy walls who can provide assistance in locating a specific tile.

PSUDisney77

I'm glad they kept the tiles. My parents and myself purchased tiles back when they introduced them in 1999 so I was a teenager. My dad has since passed but my mom will be joining us (my wife and son) on this April's trip. We will stop to look for our tiles and I'm sure it will make my mom smile.

Thank you for your reply, but I just tried the website (epcottilefinder.com) and one of two things happens.

1. The site fails to load completely, and the fields where you can enter your information don't appear.
  2. The site loads completely, I enter my information, and I get the message "Searching for tile..." but it never completes.
I've tried different browsers, different computers, my phone, etc. I tried searching for friends and family, thinking that there was something wrong with my tile. No luck. I've been chasing this for years with no results.

The only thing I haven't tried is going to Guest Relations. I'll try that on my next visit in August 2024 and share the results here. Searching on Google shows many people having the same issue as I am having, but also others appear to be successful. Oh well.

**UPDATE** I just tried again, and was successful!!! This time I used Firefox in Private Browsing mode. Not sure if that makes any difference; I've tried that in the past without success. But it worked this time! I hope this is helpful to somebody else.

Raxel7851

I'm glad they kept the tiles. My parents and myself purchased tiles back when they introduced them in 1999 so I was a teenager. My dad has since passed but my mom will be joining us (my wife and son) on this April's trip. We will stop to look for our tiles and I'm sure it will make my mom smile.
That’s exactly what the tiles represent. I’m sure you and your Mom will enjoy checking out your tiles. Making lasting memories at WDW to enjoy is wonderful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom