Help! Last-Minute Fifth Anniversary Plans for the World

IndyDisney

Hey all -

OK - I'm going to try to keep the story short. My fifth wedding anniversary is the weekend of August 21st, '09, and I'm trying to plan a surprise trip for my wife and I. Being a DisneyHead, of course WDW came up. So I pose this dilemma to you all - would you recommend a short weekend trip from western PA to WDW, knowing you'd only get one full day in the parks? As a second part, if you all were planning this adventure, where would you stay and what would you do? I have my own opinions on it, but right now I'm looking for yours. Any and all thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Dave

CaptainJackNO

Try and fly. Southwest has 39 dollar deals right now. I would stay anywhere really since you will be spending you time in the parks. Get a one day park hopper (if you can) and start at EPCOT and end with Wishes at MK. Happy anniversary.

Upvote 0

zurgandfriend

Dave

I don't know what your financial situation is, but a short stay at one of the deluxe resorts; Polynesian or Grand Floridian and a signature dining experience, Victoria and Albert’s, California Grill or Citrico's are always romantic.

If your more for mirth; The Wilderness Lodge and dinner at Whispering Canyon are fun. Last time we dined at Whispering Canyon it was a couple's wedding anniversary. The staff said "remember this?" and had everyone get up and do the Hokie Pokie. After we sat back down they had the anniversary couple do the Hokie Pokie by themselves for everyone in the restaurant.

Upvote 0

IndyDisney

Original Poster
Try and fly. Southwest has 39 dollar deals right now. I would stay anywhere really since you will be spending you time in the parks. Get a one day park hopper (if you can) and start at EPCOT and end with Wishes at MK. Happy anniversary.

You kinda read my mind, Cap'n. Southwest has some decent deals, as does AirTran. I also planned on getting the one day park hopper, and maybe splurge a bit on the hotel. The latter may come to fruition as I got a PIN number for 40% off hotels today, though I haven't checked out the "small print" yet.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Well if you could take one day off of work, you could make it almost three days with a morning flight on day one and eveing on day three.

If you want a truly special experience, consider Victoria and Alberts. Wonderful.

If you want some help in planning, consider using Kingdom Konsultants...great for many of us here.

If you preference is MK, do Poly or GF, if you want easy access to Epcot, Beach Club.

Also consider a couples massage at GF spa.

Plenty of opportunity!
Good Luck

Upvote 0

Daisy&Donald23

Hey all -

OK - I'm going to try to keep the story short. My fifth wedding anniversary is the weekend of August 21st, '09, and I'm trying to plan a surprise trip for my wife and I. Being a DisneyHead, of course WDW came up. So I pose this dilemma to you all - would you recommend a short weekend trip from western PA to WDW, knowing you'd only get one full day in the parks? As a second part, if you all were planning this adventure, where would you stay and what would you do? I have my own opinions on it, but right now I'm looking for yours. Any and all thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Dave

I would recommend the trip - but try to fly in early and fly out late if possible so you can max your time at the parks. I'd definitely stay at the Polynesian - a very romantic resort and they'll help you celebrate in style!

If I only had one full day, I'd grab breakfast at the Main Street Bakery in the Magic Kingdom, enjoy the rides in the morning, grab a bite for lunch, spend more time in the park until mid-afternoon. Then I would head back to the resort, spend a couple of hours at the pool and have a cocktail at the pool bar...and then get ready for a nice dinner at the California Grill so you could watch Wishes on the outdoor decks.

Hope you have a wonderful anniversary!

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Oh, and if you do decide to go, make sure they know it is an anniversary trip when you book. Confirm that at checkin as there are some nice little touches that can be had. Also let them know when you are making dining reservations as some do a little something special, particularly the signature restaurants.

Upvote 0

IndyDisney

Original Poster
So Disney did their part today by giving me a deal I never expected to get. Now, Southwest needs to throw a Ding! deal out and we're golden. I love it when a plan starts to comes together.

"I'm so excited, I could squirt!" - Gordon Shumway

Pretty much sums it up.

Cheers,
Dave

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
So Disney did their part today by giving me a deal I never expected to get. Now, Southwest needs to throw a Ding! deal out and we're golden. I love it when a plan starts to comes together.

"I'm so excited, I could squirt!" - Gordon Shumway

Pretty much sums it up.

Cheers,
Dave

Great news...so what is your itinerary???

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom