Help, it's a secret!

VillianFan

I have planned a surprise trip for my family for Star Wars Weekends and it is killing me not to be excited and tell them about it. I would love to hear some encouraging words to help me keep the secret.

My plan is to tell them on Easter with a big egg hunt giving clues along the way, but April 11th is a long time to wait.

Help me keep my sanity!!!
Thanks

NashvilleMouse

Originally posted by VillianFan
I have planned a surprise trip for my family for Star Wars Weekends and it is killing me not to be excited and tell them about it. I would love to hear some encouraging words to help me keep the secret.

My plan is to tell them on Easter with a big egg hunt giving clues along the way, but April 11th is a long time to wait.

Help me keep my sanity!!!
Thanks

Great imagination! Good luck.
You MUST keep it a secret. The payoff (when they realize what is going on at Easter) will be priceless and it will always be known as "The Easter Surprise". Keep it quiet! YOU CAN DO IT!

Have fun!! :sohappy: :wave:

Upvote 0

Bill

Account Suspended
Ah, I can see it now...

"Hey! Mom, what's Darth Vader doing in my egg?" :lol:

I truly wish you luck! You're a very dedicated mother! :)

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Hey, thats really great.
I know how difficult it is to keep surprises like that. When we went last April we had booked a dolphin swim at Discovery Cove almost 12 months in advance ! We managed to control our excitement and keep it from the kids until we were flying across the Atlantic - boy was it difficult

Upvote 0

VillianFan

Original Poster
Thanks so much for the encouragement! My husband, who is the biggest star wars fan, doesn't even know. I am just really bad at keeping secrets!

At least here I can write about it and be excited without ruining it for the family.

Thanks again all!!!

Upvote 0

FigmentJedi

Well, when my mom revealed that we were going to WDW in 2000, she had a big box underneath the Christmas tree that had a pair of Dinsey World Shirts for both me and my sister, and several planning guides to disney.
It's simple.... leave them something special in their Easter baskets.

Upvote 0

Nansafan

Chatting on these boards helped me keep some past Disney secrets. In 2000, we drove down from Chicago with 10 people. We kept the hotel a secret. My best friend thought we were staying at Caribbean Beach. We upgraded the reservation and stayed at the Poly, great video footage when she realized the switch. Keep posting on the boards. A hint, if it becomes necessary to stretch the truth with your family before hand, keep it simple. Too involved of a story always sound fishy. Good luck. What an awesome idea!

Upvote 0

wingsmom99

I feel your pain!!!

Our late September trip is a surprise to our children (ages 5 and 6
), I feel your pain! I would love to tell them, but I think the surprise will be more fun, not to mention I get to keep my sanity til then!!

Sarah

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
Do an Easter-Egg hunt, use plastic eggs, and number them. Tell them not to open any until they're done, then put a hint in each one, with the last one having something revealing, or a hint that leads them to something in their basket, etc....

Upvote 0

VillianFan

Original Poster
I think that I am going to do an Egg Hunt. You were right on track with what I am planning. I have been getting some specific pins off of ebay to act as clues. Such as a Mickey airplane, an old Star Wars Weekend pin and one from POFQ. I hope that I don't ruin it first by letting the secret out.

Thanks everyone for your input!!

Upvote 0

BeachClub

How about spell out "Star Wars at Disney" on the outside of the plastic easter eggs, with a Sharpie marker...have one letter on the outside of each egg...have them find all 16 eggs and have them try to figure out what they spell!!!
Would take them a little more time than just opening up an egg.
Good LUCK!! :lol:

Upvote 0

TESTDUMMY S64

Originally posted by BeachClub
How about spell out "Star Wars at Disney" on the outside of the plastic easter eggs, with a Sharpie marker...have one letter on the outside of each egg...have them find all 16 eggs and have them try to figure out what they spell!!!
Would take them a little more time than just opening up an egg.
Good LUCK!! :lol:

you should go with this idea-meanwhile-just hang in there- 27 more days!:wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom