Help - I'm Spoiled!!

Skibum1970

I know this might sound sacrilegious but have you considered OFF SITE for a much much better value?

We love Disney as much as everyone else, but honestly find tremendous value in going off site. We love the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. This is a really really really nice resort where you can find rates for $250/night (including the resort fee) and get vastly more for your money than you get onsite with Disney.

The Grand Cypress has an amazing pool complex (AT Disney Deluxe level), lots of onsite activities included in the Resort Fee (bike rentals, boats, and all kinds of activities), and is really a notch above even the Swan/Dolphin.

We are Hyatt loyalists (get upgrades, etc) but there are other options that offer crazy value too. The Marriott World Center has a virtual water park. Both hotels are literally next to WDW. Bonnet Creek is another option.

The trick/catch is that you have to rent a car and drive. Car rentals in Orlando are typically fairly cheap and it's easy to drive, but I know some people just won't do that. However, we like driving more than we like riding Disney busses and the like the flexibility it gives us. We have an AP so no parking fees, you can come and go whenever, and it's faster (except for MK). Yes, a different experience, but for us it's a good one.

Another catch is that you have to stay at one of the good neighbor hotels to take advantage of the FP+ selections prior to your trip. And factor in the cost to park at the parks. However, I will agree that having a car provides more flexibility than the Disney buses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom