Help - I'm Spoiled!!

MissViv

Original Poster
Really …. my last few visits to WDW have been at Deluxe Resorts, Poly, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge.

This trip will be me and my adult daughter and we are going in November. I currently have reservations at Wilderness Lodge but it is so expensive!! $$$ do matter on this trip as I am the one treating my daughter for a mother/daughter trip. I keep going to the Deluxes because they are just so great but I have stayed in the less expensive rooms, all stars, years ago.

We are only staying four nights and Pop would be $1,318. less.

We could move up to FQ or Riverside for $396. more or Coronado for $673. more.

I am wondering how the new skyliner is going to be and am leaning towards Pop. What about two adults with one in the Murphy Bed? Is it full sized and comfortable?

We will be spending sometime at the resort not all of our time in the parks like in our younger years.

Thoughts?

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
POP is a great choice for saving some $. Love the renovated rooms. I personally haven’t slept on one of the Murphy beds yet but space wise you will be just fine with two people.

That being said- if you are going to be spending a significant amount of time outside of the parks I would recommend going with POFQ or Riverside. The grounds are very serene, you’ll have a hot tub, and the boat option to DS.

Last edited:

mouse_luv

Really …. my last few visits to WDW have been at Deluxe Resorts, Poly, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge.

This trip will be me and my adult daughter and we are going in November. I currently have reservations at Wilderness Lodge but it is so expensive!! $$$ do matter on this trip as I am the one treating my daughter for a mother/daughter trip. I keep going to the Deluxes because they are just so great but I have stayed in the less expensive rooms, all stars, years ago.

I am wondering how the new skyliner is going to be and am leaning towards Pop. What about two adults with one in the Murphy Bed? Is it full sized and comfortable?

We will be spending sometime at the resort not all of our time in the parks like in our younger years.

Thoughts?

Coronado or Caribbean Beach. We usually stay deluxe dvc and had to do a quick last minute trip to plan our wedding in Sept of last year and did a night at Coronado and loved it.

If not, then try renting DVC? That would get you a deluxe studio villa (which are sometimes cheaper than Disney rack rate.)

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I’m sitting at Pop in a room with the Murphy bed. It’s actually a nice room and the beds are Queens (I think).

The only negative is soundproofing, there’s a lot of noise from other rooms and kids running the walkway outside. The amenities are OK, but not as good as at Mods or Deluxe.

StarWarsGirl

Thoughts?
The murphy bed is basically a regular bed that pulls down. It's as comfortable as the other bed.

As others have said, Pop is fantastic. However, they might run promotions as you get closer to your trip, so you can always keep an eye out, but I would grab Pop so that you have it.

Club Cooloholic

Thoughts?
FQ baby, and you two can shoot over to DS easily to siend those savings on dinner. Or...try renting DVC.

Last edited:

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Pop is much nicer now with the renovated rooms. The murphy bed is a Queen size, with the mattress being a real one, just like the bed.
The bathroom feels modern and fresh.
You could save the money and have a nice meal at a restaurant you love!
Enjoy your Mother/Daughter trip!

Gaston's gal

I just stayed at the POP in January for the first time and would definitely do it again. Loved the theming, the new renovated rooms, etc. Take the money you will save to put towards some nice meals or for planning another WDW trip! :)

nickys

Premium Member
FQ baby, and you two can shoot over to DS easily to siend those savings on dinner. Or...try renting DVC.
FQ is great. I would also look at DVC also. You can go to David’s dvc rental website and see how much it will cost.

For this November, the chances are precisely zero for renting DVC. Even Saratoga Springs, usually the last to book up, only has sporadic availability.

MissViv

Original Poster
Found Boulder Ridge 1 BR Villa available. It is $950. cheaper than Disney's rack rate. Now decisions, decisions.

ppet

I've stayed at all the levels and enjoyed things about each, but with that said my favorite is POFQ. I don't think you can ever go wrong with a stay there.

nickys

Premium Member
Found Boulder Ridge 1 BR Villa available. It is $950. cheaper than Disney's rack rate. Now decisions, decisions.

If you’re willing to go for a 1-bedroom, it looks like OKW, Kidani and Jambo might be available - based on 4 consecutive nights in late November.

But that can all change very quickly, since there is no way to know how many rooms there are.

A 1-bed would have a full kitchen and a washer dryer. But only one proper bed (albeit a king).

MissViv

Original Poster
We're looking at going Halloween week now. Daughter loves Halloween and wants to go to the MNSSHP and dress up! From what I have read there will be no discounts on rooms and no free dining either. We are going to splurge on the Deluxe Dining Plan and plan our stay around dining at the wonderful restaurants!

With that being said which resort, we plan on going back to our room in the afternoons to rest and possibly nap. I am leaning towards POFQ because of it being more peaceful that POP. Would still love to stay at Wilderness Lodge but prices are high!

Also, looking for convenience going between resorts for dining. May have to use Uber or the Minnie Van for some dining reservations.

Amos1784

I too was very spoiled spent all my years from 5-25(ish) staying 2 bedrooms at Old Key West. When it became just my husband and self going our budget was quite different in our early 20's we decided it was either stay at Pop or not go at all. I will say I was 100% positively impressed. Now even though we can afford other accommodations at least one of our trips each year we stay at Pop, especially with the new rooms after refurb there is no issues with it, gondola's will only add to the benefit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom