Help! I get claustrophobic!!

ajmanns

Original Poster
What rides/attractions should I avoid if I easily get claustrophobic? I hate that I feel this way, but there's not much I can do about it! :( Any pointers? :veryconfu

MouseMadness

I brought this up to Rob (mkt), actually, because I'm the same way. He said I should be fine with M:S. :) So... here's hoping!:lol: But I have had no problems with any other rides.

dxwwf3

Well I get claustrophobic some of the time. When I played high school football sometimes the helmet would bother me a little. But nothing too serious.

But Mission Space was absolutely nothing to me. It's not like you are really confined so much to where you might feel you can't move around. I even sat next to someone that was worried about it because he was claustrophobic and it didn't bother him in the least. So if you could get somebody else in your party to check it out first that would be ideal.

RogueHabit

I would avoid Extra-Terrorestial Encounter.

How are you with confining restraints? If you don't like them then that will pretty much rule our any of the rides like Space Mountain, RnRC and ToT.

ISTCrew20

I would say you would be fine on MS...You minght be a little freaked by the initial instrement panel closing, but they always got cold air blowing on you, and circulating around, I guess that gives the bady the illusion of extra space, and there is plenty of room around your legs

BRER STITCH

I'm generally not like that on most rides/attractions, but for some reason I always get a little claustrophobic on "Star Tours" and "Body Wars".

Still not sure why. Maybe just because it is so enclosed, because the restraints are just like car seatbelts.

Anyone else ever feel that way in those rides??

:veryconfu

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by ajmanns
What rides/attractions should I avoid if I easily get claustrophobic? I hate that I feel this way, but there's not much I can do about it! :( Any pointers? :veryconfu

RockNRollercoaster...Big Thunder (not much leg room)...any simulator ride (Body Wars, Star Tours, etc.) 20,000 Leagues would be the #1 attraction to avoid...but...alas...it's no more :) I used to be claustrophobic but for some reason I got over it...

General Grizz

Based on encounters by many of my friends who are clausterphobic...

AVOID...

(1) Mission: Space (It IS VERY small in space, and you are restrained)

(2) Spaceship Earth (You may get freaked at the beginning or the descent (it is EXTREMELY dark).

(3) Space Mountain/Big Thunder Mountain/Splash Mountain/Tower of Terror/RnRC/Simulation Rides

(4) Alien Encounter

Walter

On top of what others said, if you were considering riding this, Barnstormer. This ride was designed for kids, so it's very tight in the cars. But, if you don't do it, then you won't be missing much.

MouseMadness

Well, speaking as somebody who is mildly claustrophobic... the one that I'd def. say don't do is Alien Encounter. I rode it once... only once. Never again. RnR sometimes gets to me, but if I don't do the harnass too tight I'm fine.

ajmanns

Original Poster
Thank you! You are all a big help! I did do the Haunted Mansion 5 years ago, but never felt panicked at all. But I did on Star Wars......I almost freaked at first. When the doors all closed up and I felt like I was going to die! But then I forced myself to watch the show and to let myself "get into it". And then the panic feeling went away. And I was ok. But I really want to avoid that whole experience again.

Oh, and the same feeling happened to me again on Space Mountain!

Forget Tower of Terror! NO WAY! My family thinks I'm crazy for getting the way I do, but what can I do???! LOL. I thank you all again for your advice!

dxwwf3

Well if you freaked out when Star Tours closed the door I would DEFINATELY stay away from Mission Space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom