Help! I broke my foot!

We will be checking in on the 15th, and I am on crutches and in a cast. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is there anything I can do to make the trip easier? Thanks!

MOXOMUMD

I will be doing this on Monday, renting from Walker Mobility. (Bone spurs from broken ankle, surgery scheduled when come back and then no more ECV for me.:)) Walker no longer have the scooters available at check-in but will deliver them within a half hour of your arrival. Believe me, I did a trip in a cast, a full boot and an aircast and I definitely didn't want to use crutches all day at a park. Besides the fact of the swelling in the Florida heat. Just an FYI, you do NOT need a GAC when you use an ECV.

Upvote 0

ninjaprincesst

When I did my research (reading trip reports, outside reviews, etc.), the company I decided to use (if needed) was Apple. I don't remember specifically *why* anymore. The most important things to me were that they could deliver to my resort without me being there and that they responded quickly if there was a problem. I think their prices may have been one of the best as well.

Yes Apple is one of the least expensive plus they are an approved vendor and they have larger batteries that will go farther with out a charge

Upvote 0

ninjaprincesst

I would definetly get a scooter. A wheelchair can be just as tiring as trying to walk for somone who is not used to one. It will wear you out as well as somone trying to push you(know this from experience). As mentioned earlier I would suggest Apple scooters or Buena Vista scoters with either one you can reserve your scooter online and have it waiting at your resort when you arrive. You do not need the guest assitance card. it is for people with injuries or disabilities that are not easily visable a scooter or whelchair is all that is needed to access the handicap entrances. Sorry about your foot, I hope it gets well soon.

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

Call your resort and let them know you have been injured and see if they can get you a little closer to the main building and buses when they assign your room. They can't promise you but if you let them know it might make a difference.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Scooter is definitely a better idea. A friend of ours went on crutches and wearing a boot. She started having discomfort on her arms from using the crutches long distances BUT worse than that... After having her foot bumped and knocked into by people rushing past not watching where they were going, she rented an EVC just to protect herself. It saved her a lot of pain and worry.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom