Help....Honeymoon May 10-17th, 2009

Ind.Firefighter

Good Day,
I need some help with my Honeymoon. I am new to this site, but have loved everything that I have read so far. I have already put my down payment for our Honeymoon. We did the package with if you buy 4 nights you get 3 nights free, we also did the Dinning Plus package, and we are staying at POFQ. My question is that I havent been to disney since I was 16, and my soon to be wife has never been there.
I am looking for suggestions of things to make sure we do, and place to visit, and where to eat. Please help me out anyway you can.

Thanks,
Sean :wave:

brent2124

Since its a honeymoon a couple of good restaurants would be Victoria and Alberts at the GF and the California Grill at the Cont. during Wishes. Also you can take carriage rides at the PO resort.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
First off, congratulations!
You've asked some very broad questions, so what I propose doing is to narrow down some of the areas first.

Best thing I can suggest is that you pick up one (or two) of the Disney touring books. Birnbaums has all the necessary info although presentation is a little sugar coated. Unofficial Guide has a bit more information and is somewhat more pragmatic if not a tad cynical. Between the two, you should have a good tool for planning your time and dining.

I think you've made a nice choice for hotel. While I prefer Riverside, many like FQ a lot. I suggest you call back on your reservation and make it clear to them that this trip is for your Honeymoon. Also remember to reinforce that at the time of your check-in. Additionally, when you first enter the parks, take a swing over to Guest Relations and pick up some Just Married buttons (if they are not given to you at check-in). I won't make any promises on what benefits may come your way, but it hopefully will enhance your stay.

With the tour books, you will get maps of the four parks. Its good to familiarize yourself with the general layout, and make a list of which attractions you "must see" or "want to see". By using a combination of going to those attractions when the park first opens, getting fast passes and optimizing walking, you'll get the most out of your trip. Depending on whether your tastes run to thrill rides, shows or more general liking will change the way you manage your trip.

For dining, you can reference menu's here at WDWMagic:
http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining.htm
or at other sites like: http://allears.net/din/dining.htm

Some people want to use only the regular restaurants for all meals on their plan, others may go light and pay for some dinners and use the plan for signature dining at places like California Grille, Narcoossee's, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Artist Point and the like. Again, depends on your personal preferences. Some people must have character dining, others avoid it.

There are a number of truly Disney unique dining choices, like Hoop de do Review, 50's Prime Time, Cinderella's Royal Table to consider. All told, there are well over 100 dining choices, and you will find a great variety in preferences here.

Consider these first suggestions, give us a little more information on your preferences, then you may want to post again (using this same thread) with some more specific questions.

Upvote 0

Ind.Firefighter

Original Poster
First off thank you for your help. I guess my questions are kinda board, but I just didnt know if there was any one thing that "i just had to do" while we are there for our honeymoon. Like make sure we do this, or make sure we do that. Also we were thinking about taking a day and renting a car to drive to the beach, or go to the Space center. Anybody have any comments on that? We were also wanting to do Cirque, but we havent bought our tickets yet cause we werent sure what day we were wanting to go this far in advance. Do they sell out pretty quick, or is it something we could walk up to the ticket window and still get seats? So again thank you in advance for all the help, and any and all suggestions will be helpful.

Upvote 0

eroyee

Take the romantic nighttime carriage ride at Port Orleans Riverside. Its well worth it. Watch Wishes firworks show from the beach at the POLY and the nighttime water parade. Tour the other resorts. they are all beautiful. Make at least one dining reservation at one of the nicer restaurants in World showcase like the Rose and Crown, etc. do your research and you will find lots to do that you havent seen. congratulations on your upcoming honeymoon. we honeymooned in disney,too and have been back for many anniversaries!

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
My only suggestion at the moment is

MAKE DINING RESERVATIONS IN ADVANCE!!!!
I'll second this.

Because of the popularity of the Dining Plans the table service restaurants book up quickly [particularly the good ones]. Staying at a resort, you get to book for up to ten days' reservations 90 days prior to your check-in date. Have a look at park hours for the time you're there and get a general idea where you want to eat on which days. In particular, Le Cellier and Cinderella's Royal Table both book solid at the 90-day mark almost year-round.

Congratulations and have a wonderful time! :wave:

Upvote 0

diddy_mouse

Congrats to you! We honeymooned at POFQ back in '05 and had a wonderful time (heading back May 15th-22nd!)

I agree with what others suggested and make dining reservations EARLY. Set aside at least one nice-sit-down-special dinner. Something that you can take your time with and just enjoy each other. :) California Grill is an excellent choice or for something a little more exotic, go for Jiko-the Cooking Place.

Nighttime at DTD is great to just grab a drink (or ice cream at Ghirardelli's) and people watch.

Hope you have a wonderful time!

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
First off thank you for your help. I guess my questions are kinda board, but I just didnt know if there was any one thing that "i just had to do" while we are there for our honeymoon. Like make sure we do this, or make sure we do that. Also we were thinking about taking a day and renting a car to drive to the beach, or go to the Space center. Anybody have any comments on that? We were also wanting to do Cirque, but we havent bought our tickets yet cause we werent sure what day we were wanting to go this far in advance. Do they sell out pretty quick, or is it something we could walk up to the ticket window and still get seats? So again thank you in advance for all the help, and any and all suggestions will be helpful.

Yes, I understand. The problem you will face asking that question here is that with our varied opinions, you'd probably get 100 different "must do's"

With four parks and many other entertainment opportunities, there are so many things to do, you can easily get overwhelmed.

As I said before, your best bet is familarizing yourself with what is available and making plans in visiting each park. Know up front that you can't do it all...and will drive you and your new wife crazy if you try.

Some of the most popular attractions at each park include:
MK- Splash Mtn., Big Thunder Mtn., Space Mtn., Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Jungle Cruise, Wishes (fireworks)
Epcot- Soarin', Fast Track, Mission Space, Illuminations (fireworks).
Studios - Toy Story Mania, Rock 'n Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Indiana Jones and Light/Motors/Action shows.
Animal Kingdom - Expedition Everest, Dinosaur, Kilimanjaro Safari, Tough to be a Bug, Festival of the Lion King and Nemo shows.

There could be a long discussion on just restaurants. People have already given you the good suggestion of making sit down reservations early. Also suggestions have been given for that one special dinner if you plan on that. If money is not an issue, the dining experience at Victoria and Albert's is amazing.
Some of the more unique Disney dining offerings are Hoop de do Review (dinner and show), 50's Prime Time Cafe (Studios), Sci Fi Theater (better for lunch), Cinderella's Royal table (castle in MK, dinner), Jiko or Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Ohana at Polynesian. Epcot has a nice variety of ethnic foods at the various countries. Restaurant Marrakesh makes for a rather exotic environment, Chef's de France, Rose and Crown (UK), Le Cellier (Canada) are favorites of ours.
I suggest you study the links to the restaurant and menu listings I provided earlier.

Again I encourage you to get "Just Married" buttons (they're free) and wear them throughout your visit.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom