Help! Haven't even left yet and the magic is fading!

tink38

Hi, all. I've been lurking on this site since December 2004, when I found out Mom and Dad were taking us to WDW from June 5th - 11th. Believe me, I am just as big a fanatic as all of you are, it's just that usually I don't feel like what I have to say will be any different than what anyone else says on here, so I keep to myself.

The krewe (as we spell it in New Orleans) is as follows:
Me (DW, 38) - DIS freak and Priority seating manager of the trip, cross referencer of 5 guides (soon to be six), and itenerary maker.

DH, 40 - Disney freak since he married me, turkey leg lover, and driver of the trip.

DS, 10 - Disney freak in training and thrill seeker.

Grandmother - reservation manager of the trip.

Gramps - financeer of the trip. (Best Dad in THE WORLD)

DS, 37 - likes Disney but really just there for her DD, 10.

DBIL, (don't know how old he is) - I think he feels the same about DW as DS.

DN, 10 - also a Disney freak in training. Loves RNRC and TOT but gets sick on Goofy's Barnstormer.

Jake, 11 (I think) - DBIL's son - good kid but picky eater.

Olivia, 7 or 8 - DBIL's DD who has been packed since before Mother's day.

This is my 1st trip report so please bear with me. We are going June 5th though 11th and staying at the Contemporary Resort. This excites me because I am a huge future/retro decor person. I also just found out that I am going to Disneyland on June 24th for a convention. What more could a girl ask for? http://www.disboards.com/images/smilies/boldpurple.gif
Anyway, Mom calls me today at work. She is SPITTING mad. Someone from Magical Gatherings staff called to confirm her reservations today. They were all wrong. She says this is her last Disney trip ever. She has never received such bad service from Disney. Keep in mind that we have been there at least a dozen times since it opened. We have gone almost every year since the kids were 3 years old. Originally we were supposed to have a tower room with a castle view. When we received our confirmations (After 3 calls lasting 15 minutes each - long distance) they said "Standard wing room". My mom called and spoke with Goldie, who said she might be able to do something better for us. This was on February 2nd. Today was the 1st callback. She spoke with Rebecca Lynne and Montana at Magical Gatherings and Montana said we had a parking lot view and there was nothing he could do for us at this point. http://www.disboards.com/images/smilies/eareek.gif What the?????

What is the point of planning ahead so far in advance if you are goingto get this kind of treatment? I realize that they cannot guarantee a room, but I do know that the request is logged in the system when they receive it. I emailed Guest Communications today and asked that they respond to me. Who knows how long that will take.

Does anyone know of any other route that I can take to resolve this matter? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I respect and follow all of y'all's advice.

Thanks in advance!

Monique
<!-- / message -->

tink38

Original Poster
daveemtdave said:
So you do want an upgrade.....they could say they were sorry BUT did you guys say you were sorry for your mistake. We hear how Disney treated you, BUT how did your mom treat the CM WHO was correct........According to your posts, you are getting what you paid for, I think you want the tower room and more.............

As I was not on the line when my mother made these calls, I have no idea how she treated the cast member. She is not the confrontational type, if that is what you are asking. An upgrade would be nice, but I am happy to be staying at this resort no matter what. Please do not put words in my mouth or assume what I want. I have been looking forward to this trip since December. I am not about to let this whole issue ruin anything for me. I posted this thread in hopes that anyone might have some helpful advice for me, not to have people accuse me of things and think that I want something for free.

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
So let me piece this story together. It doesn't make any sense.

You said the following statements...

"Originally we were supposed to have a tower room with a castle view."
"She said that she requested a tower room but then found out they were much more expensive."
"When we received our confirmations (After 3 calls lasting 15 minutes each - long distance) they said "Standard wing room". "
"My mom called and spoke with Goldie, who said she might be able to do something better for us."
"Today was the 1st callback. She spoke with Rebecca Lynne and Montana at Magical Gatherings and Montana said we had a parking lot view and there was nothing he could do for us at this point."

Can you see why this is not making sense to any of us? If its not making sense to us, then I am also guessing it's not making sense to the customer service people you are so furious with either.

Your mom wanted a tower room, but found out they were too expensive so she booked a standard room instead. She received her confirmation and it showed that she in fact booked a standard room. So what was she complaining about in the first place? Why all the calls to customer service and managers and so on? It sounds like she is really angry because they won't give her a tower room for the price of a standard room. But why would she assume they will? And how exactly was the customer service you received poor? Just because they won't upgrade your room when you haven't paid for an upgrade??

None of this makes any sense at all. People here are getting frustrated with you because your post is a little slanderous and make Disney customer service appear bad, when really they haven't done anything wrong. Can you please specify exactly what Disney did wrong?

You keep saying you don't know what they did because it was your mom, not you on the phone. But then why are you posting here that Disney customer service is so poor when you don't even know what took place? What is it you need advice about specifically?

Upvote 0

dizknee

Sure it is disappointing to not get exactly what we wish for, but to say that you will never return because you aren't getting a tower room?

It isn't like you're staying at the SUPER 8.

Upvote 0

tink38

Original Poster
Laura22 said:
So let me piece this story together. It doesn't make any sense.

You said the following statements...

"Originally we were supposed to have a tower room with a castle view."
"She said that she requested a tower room but then found out they were much more expensive."
"When we received our confirmations (After 3 calls lasting 15 minutes each - long distance) they said "Standard wing room". "
"My mom called and spoke with Goldie, who said she might be able to do something better for us."
"Today was the 1st callback. She spoke with Rebecca Lynne and Montana at Magical Gatherings and Montana said we had a parking lot view and there was nothing he could do for us at this point."

Can you see why this is not making sense to any of us? If its not making sense to us, then I am also guessing it's not making sense to the customer service people you are so furious with either.

Again, I am not furiuos, my mother is. And yes, I can see how you are confused (I am confused reading this as well). I apologize for any frustration I may have caused.

Your mom wanted a tower room, but found out they were too expensive so she booked a standard room instead. She received her confirmation and it showed that she in fact booked a standard room. So what was she complaining about in the first place?

She was complaining about the general lack od responsiveness by the staff at the reservations center.

Why all the calls to customer service and managers and so on? It sounds like she is really angry because they won't give her a tower room for the price of a standard room. But why would she assume they will? And how exactly was the customer service you received poor? Just because they won't upgrade your room when you haven't paid for an upgrade??

None of this makes any sense at all. People here are getting frustrated with you because your post is a little slanderous and make Disney customer service appear bad, when really they haven't done anything wrong.

The attitude that we received from the reservations center (as I have repeated many times now) was very nonchalant. The people that I spoke to directly at the Contemporary were VERYhelpful and pleasant. Is it too much to ask to speak to a pleasant person in the customer service field??? As far as me slandering Disney, you could not be farther from the truth. I am sorry that my posts were confusing. I certainly did not do that on purpose. Let me reiterate that I do not expect anything for free nor do I expect an upgrade. I am over this now, and no more phone calls will be made. I was merely trying to appease my mother in the first place.

Let me also add that I have posted this same thread on three different sites and I have not received the same type of responses that I have had from this site. You seem to want to pounce on me and all I have done is try to explain in the best way that I can.

You keep saying you don't know what they did because it was your mom, not you on the phone. But then why are you posting here that Disney customer service is so poor when you don't even know what took place? What is it you need advice about specifically?

I no longer require your advice. Thanks to those who have been helpful to me here.

Upvote 0

swincha

TP2000 said:
We don't know that Disney made the mistake.

There is a great deal of information missing in this story, and even tink38 is offering us some of the information second hand from her Mom.

yes after coming back AFTER i posted i see there is more to the story however when first posted that was not the case. the story of starving people really doesnt fit here. i suggest if you feel this way to donate all future vacation money instead of disney trips. yes if booked a room and got another room i would call the manager regardless of what is happening in the world.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom