Help GoPro settings

Cjbarrera2425

Original Poster
Hi, quick ?, I would be taking my kids to Disney in June , I have a GoPro hero5 that havnt really Mess with. What are the best settings for the GoPro , and how do I reduce wind noise to get a better audio?

Jahona

Best settings depends on what you intend to use it for. 4k @ 30 is fine for most things if you're looking for max resolution.
Personally I shot 2704x1520p @ 60 fps in order to stabilize and slow down the footage in post production, then sized down to 1080p.

As for wind noise it's a by product of most built in mics. You can either try an external mic with a wind screen / dead cat, or you can try and attach a bit of fuzzy cloth over the mic to diy a wind screen.

tl;dr: use a bit of the soft velcro with a small hole punched out to attach to your gopro.

thomas998

Thanks, I will try both ideas before I head out to Disney 👍
That's the biggest key and what so many people fail to do. Go out and experiment now shooting in different lighting. I've know way too many people that have actually purchased a new camera for a vacation and then not really even used it until they get on the vacation... as you can imagine the odds of great photos in that type of situation aren't very high.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom