help! going to wdw this weekend!!!!

hockeykid4

Original Poster
hello, im going to Walt Disney World this weekend and was wondering if they are strict about being 16 to go on the behind the scenes tour? im fifteen now and i turn 16 in less then a month......please reply!!!! thanks:rolleyes:

Thrawn

Account Suspended
If you say you are 16 then you are 16. They aren't going to check IDs. That said, you should only go if you are taking a parent.

DisJosh

Check ID's?? How many 15 year olds have ID's? I know when I was 15 I didn't. Unless all the kids these days are carrying around their birth certificates. :veryconfu

mousermerf

Account Suspended
You have to present valid photo ID to go on the tour. If you're young, you have to have some sort of photo ID and a birth certificate can be used in conjunction to verify age. They are serious and will not allow people to take the tour.

You'll get this entire speil again when you call to make tour ressies (407-WDW-Tour). If you choose to ignore it, you will be dissapointed when the tour is canceled and not refunded.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Thrawn said:
If you say you are 16 then you are 16. They aren't going to check IDs. That said, you should only go if you are taking a parent.

They will and do check photo IDs before entering back stage tours that require the 16+ age.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
bgraham34 said:
Wow, why so strict? Security reasons?

The tours are not suitable for kids. Many of them are long (5 hours plus) walking tours, with few breaks. They also go to areas (utilidors) where it may wreck some of the magic for kids. I dont know for sure, but I also suspect there may be issue with insurance and health/safety with taking under 16s to back stage areas.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
mousermerf said:
You have to present valid photo ID to go on the tour. If you're young, you have to have some sort of photo ID and a birth certificate can be used in conjunction to verify age. They are serious and will not allow people to take the tour.

You'll get this entire speil again when you call to make tour ressies (407-WDW-Tour). If you choose to ignore it, you will be dissapointed when the tour is canceled and not refunded.

I have never seen or been through an ID check, and basically the only tours I haven't done are the Christmas tours, the segway tours, and DiveQuest. In fact, I did KttK when I was 16, and was never IDed.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Thrawn said:
I have never seen or been through an ID check, and basically the only tours I haven't done are the Christmas tours, the segway tours, and DiveQuest. In fact, I did KttK when I was 16, and was never IDed.

That may be so, but the official line is that photo ID is required and will be checked. You may not have been checked, but there are plenty that have been. It wouldnt be good advice to suggest to someone to book a tour, knowing that they cannot meet the entry criteria.

NeedABreak

Hey we will be in the world this weekend as well. :wave:

If you are talking about the keys to the kingdom tour then I am pretty sure they are gonna be strict about it. When it comes to insurance coverage a few months till your b-day just won't cut it.

Close only counts in horse shoes and handgrenades.

KumbaRider

DisJosh said:
Check ID's?? How many 15 year olds have ID's? I know when I was 15 I didn't. Unless all the kids these days are carrying around their birth certificates. :veryconfu

In Florida, 15 year olds have Learner's Permits for driving. That is considered an ID. Not sure on other states.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
KumbaRider said:
In Florida, 15 year olds have Learner's Permits for driving. That is considered an ID. Not sure on other states.

Again, Disney accepts any sort of photo ID (school ID for example) in conjunction with a birth certificate for proof of age for tours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom