Help getting into Club 33 for our 10th anniversary

mermaid1

You know it will be wonderful no matter where you eat, because you and the love of your life will be together sharing the time! That is what is important. I wish I was there to see her face and how happy you make her! You sound like my hubby who always does this kind of thing for me. We are lucky women to have the likes of you two.:)
Good luck and have a wonderful time together! I know you will!
We are going to Blue Bayou for lunch during our Christmas trip. I have not heard back from my friend about our lunch at 33 and you know what, it doesn't even matter that much. If we get to go, fine, but if not, so what. We will still have a great Christmas together in Disneyland, the Most Magical Place on Earth!!!!!
susan

Jimmy Thick

Thanks for you insightful reply there Jimmy.
As I stated I wasn't expecting anyone to just say sure here you go, you can get in on my membership. But it never hurts to ask, unless anyone asks you I guess.
I would expect if anyone would even consider letting me use their membership to get in that they would expect to talk and if possible even meet in person before agreeing to anything and not just say yes from a post on a message baord.
I figured I would also get some other advice on where to dine which I did and I appreciate that from the other members here that posted suggestions.
Would I let someone use my membership if I had access. Maybe not, it would depend. I certainly would not just be handing out invites to anyone who asked but I'm pretty upfront and honest person and think or would like to believe most people are as well. This has gotten me in trouble in the past in dealings with people who aren't but I still give everyone the benefit of the doubt. I'm kind of person that stop to help someone in trouble and not just drive by but I digress.

So thank you all for your help and suggestions and I'm sure it will turn out to be a great trip and a wonderful anniversary for us.

Well, I'm afraid you don't quite understand the hassle of actually getting a membership. It took me ten years and a significant amount of cash to attain such a lofty and distinguished membership to a private club not open to the public.

Just meeting with you and conversing for mere minutes does nothing but make you a stranger in my eyes, and might put my membership is jeopardy, which I would not want to do. I honestly would not let certain members of my own family use it. :ROFLOL:

Club 33 is private, and I for one want to keep it that way. :animwink:

Oh, and my profession is that of a Police officer, so I help people every day, and will for the rest of my life, I just won't let them use my membership.

mermaid1

Well, I'm afraid you don't quite understand the hassle of actually getting a membership. It took me ten years and a significant amount of cash to attain such a lofty and distinguished membership to a private club not open to the public.

Just meeting with you and conversing for mere minutes does nothing but make you a stranger in my eyes, and might put my membership is jeopardy, which I would not want to do. I honestly would not let certain members of my own family use it. :ROFLOL:

Club 33 is private, and I for one want to keep it that way. :animwink:

Oh, and my profession is that of a Police officer, so I help people every day, and will for the rest of my life, I just won't let them use my membership.

Unfortunately YOU cannot keep Club 33 private, meaning JUST members alone, as long as there are generous members who allow those of us in the great unwashed to come and NOT abuse the priviledge. I am so happy for you that you attained such a lofty and priviledged status with your $$$$. So gracious of you to point it out to us peons...:lol: Such lofty posts give me nosebleeds....
Actually, I am married to someone who is worth 8 figures and we aren't as "lofty" and "snobbish" as your post tends to make YOU sound. You would never tell we have as much money as we have because we don't make the $$$ determine who we are. $$$ does some crazy things to people's manners sometimes...I am glad I don't have to associate with those who are too "lofty" for us.:rolleyes:
As for when I go to Club33 with my member friends, I'll be polite and will dress nicer than most and I will even be nice to YOU!:p
TaTa!
Mermaid1

Disneydude55

Unfortunately YOU cannot keep Club 33 private, meaning JUST members alone, as long as there are generous members who allow those of us in the great unwashed to come and NOT abuse the priviledge. I am so happy for you that you attained such a lofty and priviledged status with your $$$$. So gracious of you to point it out to us peons...:lol: Such lofty posts give me nosebleeds....
Actually, I am married to someone who is worth 8 figures and we aren't as "lofty" and "snobbish" as your post tends to make YOU sound. You would never tell we have as much money as we have because we don't make the $$$ determine who we are. $$$ does some crazy things to people's manners sometimes...I am glad I don't have to associate with those who are too "lofty" for us.:rolleyes:
As for when I go to Club33 with my member friends, I'll be polite and will dress nicer than most and I will even be nice to YOU!:p
TaTa!
Mermaid1

Well said mermaid! ;)

MainSt1993

I dunno - I don't lend out my membership to the private clubs I belong to in DC, even though I'm allowed to. If people want to go without me, they can try joining the club themselves. Otherwise, I look at it as an expensive privilege that I earned, and that I like to use entertaining people. But, as my guest. There is an incredible amount of nuance that comes with belonging to a club - primarily the way you interact with the staff and other members. That's one of the things that makes these sorts of places so special.

mermaid1

I dunno - I don't lend out my membership to the private clubs I belong to in DC, even though I'm allowed to. If people want to go without me, they can try joining the club themselves. Otherwise, I look at it as an expensive privilege that I earned, and that I like to use entertaining people. But, as my guest. There is an incredible amount of nuance that comes with belonging to a club - primarily the way you interact with the staff and other members. That's one of the things that makes these sorts of places so special.

Right. And if you want to take a guest they should conduct themselves as such. I was simply referring to Jimmy's attitude in his post. I think it is great to have such wonderful places and I probably would not let someone go on my name if I was not with them. But to go with them as a guest is a whole nother thing that even a private club cannot stop, unless they have a rule that stipulates, NO guests. That is why I did not like the remark of, and I quote, "Club 33 is private and I for one want to keep it that way." HE cannot keep out the guests of other members as much as HE wants to...
Mermaid1

lilclerk

TaTa!
Mermaid1

:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom