Help from UK guests

Dwarful

OK I just got the word from some friends of ours that they are ready to plan their first visit to WDW w/young son. We are looking at May/June of next year. I was wondering if you think it would be better for me here in the states to make the arrangements using any codes/discounts etc that I can get and have them just make their own airfare arrangements instead of them buying a package. Our family will be going at the same time, but I just thought I might be able to get a better price than they can. any input would be greatly appreciated.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
This is the first year ive done a big trip with everything booked either by phone or on line.As we ont go for another 74 days I dont know how successful its been. Personally i think we pay a lot more if we book from here in the UK and use UK travel agents
Id book flight or fly drive, direct or from someone like expedia. Then make hotel arrangements via you or direct with Disney using codes. Hell it may be worth investing in an AP.
I saved £1k a week by going it alone.
By booking the Hard Rock using the entertainment discount I paid $600 inc tickets as opposed to £1800 compared to the Virgin brochure price.
I should say i used the codes in Nov for a short stay and it was fine.
Convince them its worth becoming an independant traveller, the only thing you need to watch is Expedias payment terms, that s why i avoid them, and the exchange rate (which is in our favour right now
:) )

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Original Poster
Thanks for the info. My husband and I both thought we might be able to save them some money if we did it at our end. Of course I will let them make decisions on resorts and things like that. But since we have been several times and this will be their first visit I want to make it go as nice as possible. Like I said though we are just now starting the planning stages. Hopefully "he" can convince "her" that they will save by being independent!

Upvote 0

mej

We come from Northern Ireland and have found that an independent travel agent can be a great help - not one that is tied to the big tour operators. The one that we use has always been able to match or beat any price that we can get at this end!

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Original Poster
Ok so do you think that the independent or smaller travel agents could get the same deals or better than what I can get? For example last year using codes I got two rooms at All Star Movies for $50 a night plus tax worked out to about $55-58 a night per room. We know we will be spending very little time in the rooms themselves so we are looking at All Stars/Pop Century type rooms unless some great deal appears. I have to convert my cost to Jersey pounds or UK pounds to figure exact costs for my deal and then let them get prices from an agent at their end. I do appreciate the advice though.

Also since this is their first visit to Orlando (fourth to states) is there anything special you have enjoyed that you would suggest? We always do the five main parks, but this trip could be anywhere from 1-2 weeks. Translate to mean :besides wdw what does Orlando offer that isn't available in the UK?

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

No UK travel agent will even know about discount codes far less be willing to use them. They can get good deals on flights and home style accom, thats what we did on our 1str trip in 94.

To do list,
WDW
Universal Studios and IOA
Sea World, if you can fit it in.
Dinner Shows, if there are kids.
as its their first visit I wouldnt try to fit much more in.

Best value tickets.

10 day hopper Disney Uk on line
5 day continuous access Universal site

To be honest Id get a 7 day hopper (prices of 10 day are due to go back to full price) cause that allows 7 days parks + 4 days water parks add your 2 days at Universal voila holidays over.
Hope this helps. Dont forget most of us in the UK dont realy appreciate the size or complexity of WDW or Universal.

Upvote 0

RogueHabit

Originally posted by Pumbas Nakasak

Best value tickets.

10 day hopper Disney Uk on line
5 day continuous access Universal site

The 10 day hopper is also avialable from any UK Disney Store and if you include the fact that you get a free Character Breakfast with every ticket is still better value that the 7 day hopper, even now that the £199.00 offer has finished..

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Originally posted by Catch 22
The 10 day hopper is also avialable from any UK Disney Store and if you include the fact that you get a free Character Breakfast with every ticket is still better value that the 7 day hopper, even now that the £199.00 offer has finished..

Do you still get free parking with the 10 day hopper????

Upvote 0

RogueHabit

Originally posted by Pumbas Nakasak
Do you still get free parking with the 10 day hopper????
I believe this ended quite some time ago. Put it this way, no where on the card of thew accompanying literature does it say you get free parking.

With the Ultimate Park Hopper (Resort Guests) you get a docket that you put on your dashboard abd they wave you straight through the parking plaza, there's not one with the 10 day pass.

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

The bumf I got with the last ones (summer 2000)we had said nothing, it was the manager at the Disney store where we got them that said about parking. Virgin new nout as did the CM at the down town presentation but the people at the gate Knew, perhaps its worth being cheeky:)

Upvote 0

tenchu

Originally posted by Catch 22
I believe this ended quite some time ago. Put it this way, no where on the card of thew accompanying literature does it say you get free parking.

With the Ultimate Park Hopper (Resort Guests) you get a docket that you put on your dashboard abd they wave you straight through the parking plaza, there's not one with the 10 day pass.

We used the 10 day passes last year and didn't have free parking.

It we were meant to, then we've been diddled!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom