Help! FP+ Info for NON Disney Resort Guests

LeeHarman

Original Poster
Hey all,

We would be so very grateful if any of you Disney experts can answer a questions for us!?

We are staying off property for our forthcoming WDW holiday, please can you let us know how early can we book FastPass+ for rides via our My Disney Experience account?

Many thanks in advance for any help and info you can provide us with.

Cheers

Tinkerbell397

I am approaching my 30 day mark and plan to make FP's as soon as I can after that date. My tickets are all linked to MDE and the few ADR's that I want have been made although I was late making them thinking that I had to wait for 30 days out. Luckily, I got what I wanted. :cat:

Chezman1399

I thought unless you have Annual Passes, if you're off site you couldn't make FPs prior to being at the park.

60 days for hotel guests
30 for AP
You have to be at the park for anything else.

I thought.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I thought unless you have Annual Passes, if you're off site you couldn't make FPs prior to being at the park.

60 days for hotel guests
30 for AP
You have to be at the park for anything else.

I thought.
No. Offsite guests can make FP+ at 30 days. APs just for 7 days.

Rob562

No. Offsite guests can make FP+ at 30 days. APs just for 7 days.

That's not quite correct (unless you just didn't properly phrase what you meant to say). The only difference in booking FP+ is on-site vs. off-site.

On-site, regardless of what type of admission ticket you have, is 60 days from your check-in date.
Off-site, again regardless of type of admission ticket, is 30 days from the date in question.

So an AP holder who lives locally can go in and book 30 days from today. It's no different than someone with a 5-day MYW ticket staying at the Days Inn down the street.

Where you're getting "7 days" from is that an off-site AP holder can only have a maximum of 7 calendar days booked with FP+ at any one time. If they want to make an additional day, they'll either have to cancel a day's worth of FP+, use a day or let them auto-expire.

An AP holder staying on-site can make FP+ choices for the length of their trip.

-Rob

Last edited:

Tinkerbell397

You have to choose FP's 30 days out if you are staying offsite. I went on MDE and tried to to book a FP just to see what the system is like. The dates are blocked until I can book....so I am 3 days out from my first chance to book. I assume that I need to go on every day to book each day of my vacation as the days unblock one at a time. Hope that makes sense. This is my first time staying offsite so the experience is new for me. :cat:

osucbsb

I have a wrinkle..we are staying onsite at POFQ for 2 nights, but then move offsite for 7 nights. We bought the 5 day ticket w/Water Park. When will we be able to make our FP reservations? Will it be 60 days out for when we are onsite and 30 days out for when we are offsite?

Rob562

I have a wrinkle..we are staying onsite at POFQ for 2 nights, but then move offsite for 7 nights. We bought the 5 day ticket w/Water Park. When will we be able to make our FP reservations? Will it be 60 days out for when we are onsite and 30 days out for when we are offsite?

Most likely you are correct, but you may luck out and be able to book for the days immediately after your on-site stay.

-Rob

thistle1314

I'm a non Disney guest. I'm confused. I know that if you call you can make your meal reservations 180 days in advance but I thought I'd use the app / website to book. While I've been able to book fp's for various rides I can't book the character breakfast at Tusker House in AK for another few days. . I'm I doing something wrong or does the 30 day apply for this too.

Rob562

I'm a non Disney guest. I'm confused. I know that if you call you can make your meal reservations 180 days in advance but I thought I'd use the app / website to book. While I've been able to book fp's for various rides I can't book the character breakfast at Tusker House in AK for another few days. . I'm I doing something wrong or does the 30 day apply for this too.

You can book dining online at 180 days no matter where you're staying. The on-site advantage to that is that at your 180-day mark you're given access to an additional 10 days so you can book your whole trip at once.

If you're not seeing any availability and you're inside 180 days, chances are it's totally booked up.

-Rob

LeeHarman

Original Poster
Thanks for all the info people however I have a further question. For NON Disney resort guests like myself you have confirmed above that I can't book FP+'s until 30 days out from my arrival date. My question is, how do Disney or the MDE app know when my 30 day out date is, if my holiday dates are not linked on the site like Disney Resort guest holidays are?

Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question but I'm totally new to this.

Cheers and all the best.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom