Help for family visiting WDW

wdwcastwannabe

Hi everyone,

Hoping you can help with something! We have a family who is starting their trip to WDW in the next couple days who experienced a house fire last night! They are still taking their trip as scheduled to decompress, but have one set of clothes to take with them until the insurance company sorts things out.

Thinking this is an opportunity to create some magic for them when they arrive. Anyone have any ideas of what can be done to create a special memory or anyone at WDW who may be able to help take this family's minds away from their recent loss?

Thanks in advance!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Also forgot to mention, their insurance carrier will probably give them an advance on their contents claim in order to buy clothes. If they havent, they should ask.

Upvote 0

wdwcastwannabe

Original Poster
I'd heard that they are working as fast as they can to do so. Being able to go on a Disney clothes shopping spree would be a silver lining in a bad situation.

Upvote 0

kimberlymautz

That poor family! I'd definitely contact the resort and see if there is anything that can be done for them. I had a friend who called and asked about having an Amazon package delivered for a friend whose luggage was lost (and wasn't located until they got home!) that she just wanted to do something nice for and Disney made a separate basket for her with tons of necessities as well as a few shirts. It was really sweet and obviously shouldn't be expected, but they definitely go above and beyond when they can. :)

Upvote 0

wdwcastwannabe

Original Poster
Update! Emailed the AKL GM account and received a call from Disney within 2 hours. Were able to get them greeted with a gift basket full of snacks and necessities. The Cast Members were amazingly professional, even thanking me for letting them know of an opportunity to make a difference.

Amazing.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom