Help for a Disney Proposal

kubrick2061

Original Poster
Ok, so first of all I'm a first time poster so be easy on me. This December I am proposing at Magic Kingdom. My girlfriends favorite character is Donald and she wants one of those Donald ear hats. So I was thinking of maybe surprising her with a Donald ear hat that says Marry Me and giving it to her in front of the Castle so we can have a nice little photo op. I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions because I still have quite awhile before December.

Joshua&CalebDad

Thats not a bad idea. Have you thought of maybe trying to include Donald. You could try and contact Disney ahead of time to see if they could arrange something with Donald. This is the type of things Disney is know for helping out with time and time again.

First off, congrats! What a sweet idea to propose at Magic Kingdom, you will have great memories and photos!

I don't have a suggestion about how to tie the donald theme in. I know many people have tried to get characters involved somehow and its complicated and many times not possible. Sometimes the more simple it is the less stress you have. Here's a very simple but romantic idea that my friend recently did for his girlfriend's proposal...

He had the ring in his pocket and when they got to Magic Kingdom, he said the first thing he wanted to do was go to Space Mountain (because of the walking path they would have to take...). On the walk to Space Mountain, there is a bridge that is to the right of the castle. There is a little secluded photo area there (before you get to the bridge on the left) in the rose garden where a photo pass cast member always stands. They got into photo position and as the photographer was snapping the first photo, he sank down on one knee and proposed. The photo pass cast member saw what was happening and immediately started snapping dozens of great shots as he put her ring on, she cried, they hugged & kissed.

The backdrop of this photo area is gorgeous, with the roses and the castle in the background. And the photo CM are great about capturing the "moment" and not rushing you. But there are many other photo pass areas around...maybe just carry the ring in your pocket until you see the right setting...and then do it! All the photo pass CM are amazing at their job and will know what's going on the moment you get on your knee. If your nervous about them getting the "right shot" you could somehow whisper to them what you are about to do when you walk up to get the photos done.

This way you get amazing professional photos of the proposal - which she will cherish. You can have them printed at the park, or the photo pass people will give you a little card that you can go home and order prints online, or even better, purchase a CD of the digital photos.

Good luck and most important, have fun!

kubrick2061

Original Poster
Thanks for the ideas, I really like the location that you mentioned HonoraryRescuer and I'm seriously considering that location. What do you guys think of the Donald hat? She regretted not getting one last time so I was going to get her one anyway this trip. We are going with my parents, my brother, and my sister. So far my plan is to do it the first day of our trip. My cover is to "grab fast passes for the family" for Space Mountain, but in actuality I will be buying the hat and getting "Marry Me" on it. My folks will keep her busy and I will get them to meet me by the castle prob. in the location mentioned above and pop the question. What ya think, sweet or cheesy?

I think it's very sweet. Getting the family involved is an excellent idea. I think that this is something she will remember and cherish forever.

Congrats and be sure to give us a full report when you get back!

plaz10

I think it's very sweet! You give her the hat - she looks at you like "?" and you get down on one knee and ask. Sounds good! Good luck!

wiigirl

I think thats very very romantic. Good luck! :)
75.gif

disneydaft

I proposed just after Wishes in Nov 2004. As it finished I slipped away grabbed a minnie heart shaped balloon and tied the ring to it.

Ran back and got on my knees just as the last fireworks were going off.

We got a round of applause from everyone watching.

Unfortunately it never worked out though and we broke up before getting married

BCVTalsJam

My wife and I got engaged in Cinderalla's castle in the restruant. They brought the ring out on a glass slipper that asked her to marry me. Just remember that what ever you do you are goin to be carrying around the ring...probably not in a case and in your pocket. I was more nervous about losing the ring then I was proposing. I would plan something for when you get into magic kingdom or plan it so you can go back to the hotel before you pop the question! Good luck!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom