Help family of 4

FrontRowMike

I have a dilemna on booking a room. Here is my situation, we are a family of 4 and want to stay at a moderate on site hotel and take advantage of the free quick service meal plan which starts August 15th. Here is the problem, our eldest daughter is 18, what should we do and which hotel would you suggest?

TxNewsies

I think most of the moderate resorts are great for all ages. Our favorites are Caribbean Beach & Port Orleans Riverside. Both are very different but great in their own way. Depending on what you and your family like. A Caribbean experience or a nice relaxing experience down on the Mississippi during the time of Mark Twain. DH thinks the food court at CB is better than PO. What's nice about PO is you can take a boat over to Downtown Disney. It's a nice ride!

Have fun planning your vacation!!!!!!

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

We are a family of 4 also with DD 18 and 16. We have gotten to the point that we get 2 rooms. It is so worth the extra $$$ to have the additional bathroom. That way we are not on top of one another and the bathroom/sick area is not as crowed. I request connecting rooms but at this point they are old enougth that if we dont get them its not the end of the world. We love the WL but if your looking at a moderate I would suggest either one of the PO resorts. We stayed at the French Quarter last year and the DD really enojoyed the boat ride to DD. Last year was the first year we let them go fully on their own. Dinner and parks..leaving "date nights" for us to enjoy the world kidless for a change!!!!

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I would suggest one of the PO resorts as well. I am not a fan of CBR. A Co-worker just came back and stayed at Riverside and his 17 year old niece loved it.

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

Since the dining plan is free, your daughter's age won't make any difference in your cost. However, the resort will prabably count her as a 3rd adult in the room and charge you accordingly.

And as far as moderate resorts go, my personal favorite in Carribean Beach. I found POR to be too spread out.

Upvote 0
If you stay at a moderate resort, don't you get free full-service dining? I thought Quick Service was only for the value resorts?

If you're going as far as to get 2 rooms, I'd save your money and stay at Pop Century - completely worth it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom