HELP -- advice on 5 in a room

geom

Original Poster
We weren't able to get a room for 5 at DL and had to settle for a room for 4 at CS (we'll bring along an air bed). But now we're worried that even if we get an annual pass for the 5th person (the others have length of stay UPH passes) early entry and E-ride nights will be a problem.

Booking personnel said we might be able to get the person checking us in to issue a 5th length of stay pass.

Any suggestions? Has anyone run into this before?

Thanks, geom

Momx3

I was told if you have more to a room than allowed you can be charged for another room. We have 5 and got two rooms at the AS Movies and asked for adjoining for that reason. You might want to check that out a little closer.

LivefortheMouse

Be not affraid. We have done this before as long as u leave the 5th person in the car or have then walk in infront of ur party to the lobby and just go to the store or something give the person a cell and u keep one and call them when u have the room number they can just walk to the room by them selfs after that ur all clear trust me they wont notice and if they do they will pretend they didnt. Once ur in teh room is real tough for them to take u out or make u pay for another room dont make obvious either like make sure to pick up the air matress every morning and put it away in a bag or something they cant go through ur belongings. As long as ur not scared and act natural ull be fine. Trust me. U can get e nights with annual passes ans well as with hoppers. CS has the smallest moderate rooms but hey its only to sleep so u should be ok. I dont remeber how the early entry thing works since last time i went they still had the character greetings.

geom

Original Poster
Thanks for replies. I'm not worried about the 5 to a room so much. But with early entry and E-night, I think you have to show proof you're staying at a Disney hotel. As 4 people will have the park hopper passes that are also the room keys (I think); the 5th person has a separetly purchased park-hopper or annual pass but no proof of Disney resort hotel.

I'd like to think they wouldn't be fussy, but I don't know how sticky they are about it. I'd be happy to purchase a fifth length of stay ticket on the room, but I'm pretty sure they won't do that. And I don't really want to ask!

Yellow Shoes

Originally posted by LivefortheMouse
Be not affraid. We have done this before as long as u leave the 5th person in the car or have then walk in infront of ur party to the lobby and just go to the store or something give the person a cell and u keep one and call them when u have the room number they can just walk to the room by them selfs after that ur all clear trust me they wont notice and if they do they will pretend they didnt. Once ur in teh room is real tough for them to take u out or make u pay for another room dont make obvious either like make sure to pick up the air matress every morning and put it away in a bag or something they cant go through ur belongings. As long as ur not scared and act natural ull be fine. Trust me. U can get e nights with annual passes ans well as with hoppers. CS has the smallest moderate rooms but hey its only to sleep so u should be ok. I dont remeber how the early entry thing works since last time i went they still had the character greetings.

Pat, I'd like to buy some punctuation, please.

My understanding was that the room capacity limit was not about Disney being a hard a**, but rather local occupancy codes.

I understand your dilemma--how to get an e-night ticket for someone who doesn't have a room key.

If you buy another UPH, they will wonder why you have 5 and will need the name of the 5th person, etc.

I really don't know how you can do this "legally".

jcraycraft

I don't know if I buy the local occupancy code thing ..... CBR only holds 4 and its rooms are bigger the PORS which some will sleep 5 with the trundle bed. It looks like the rooms with trundle bed are no bigger then standard rooms. I will be a PORS the week of July 27th and will check and see if trundle bed rooms are larger. Last year we stayed at CBR with 5 in a room, the 5 and 6 yr olds would take turns with a sleeping bag on floor. It seems funny that WDW geared most of their rooms for max of 4(I am sure they did a study of some type). I noticed that at Disneyland, the hotels will hold max of 5.

Koda-bear

Maybe this could work....

I hate the fact that room keys double as passes....especially when kids take the passes to the pool...or food court...they can be misplaced easily....
I always ask at the front desk if there is any way to get one or two "regular" room keys... I explain to them that this key would be taken with the kids to the pool/food court...and if misplaced..I don't have to go frantically searching, and pleeeding with the front desk...
My request is usually granted...

This key could be used for your 5th guest...to show proof that he/she is staying at a disney resort....plus it can double as your "resort" key....

just my 2 cents

bigE86

When I was there in June, the CM's tried to check the room keys before you got to the gate and some asked to see one per group, but we didn't need them at all for MK, so I wouldn't worry too much. :)

geom

Original Poster
I've heard the about occupancy regulations (they also said something about the fire code, I think). Hard to buy that when I've stayed at DL (now PORS) in both rooms with and without trundle bed and there didn't seem to be any difference. (It's AMAZING to me that Disney would make SO MANY rooms that could not handle 5!)

Thanks for all your suggestions and comments. I'm going to look into 2 rooms at the All-Star resort (tho' I really don't like the decor and everyone would much prefer CS!). Also will check to see if anything for 5 has freed up at PORS.

If that can't be done, we'll go with requesting an additional room key for the "phantom" 5th.

Momx3

I was told on the phone that 4 to a room is the max. My friend stayed at a hotel at Hershey Park with 5 in a room meant for 4 (3 were kids) and at check out was charged for 2 rooms. She didn't even get to use the second room. To me it wasn't worth the worry. We later added 2 more adults so we would have needed the second room anyway.

JTFerret

Might also check to see if Fort Wilderness has any openings. They have cabins that can sleep six. You also have a kitchen and small living room area. It's different from staying at one of the other resorts as far as some loss of theme is concerned, but my family enjoyed our stay there. Just a suggestion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom