HELP! Adding child to reservation

NelleBelle

I may be bringing my 5yo cousin but have already booked a package at the Poly for my mom and myself. Not sure how to go about adding her to our reservation. I've read that we should just add her to our room at the front desk at check-in and link her tickets to my account. But since her mom isn't going and neither have been to WDW (and don't have and MDE acct), do I make one for her and manage it?

Rob562

I may be bringing my 5yo cousin but have already booked a package at the Poly for my mom and myself. Not sure how to go about adding her to our reservation. I've read that we should just add her to our room at the front desk at check-in and link her tickets to my account. But since her mom isn't going and neither have been to WDW (and don't have and MDE acct), do I make one for her and manage it?

For the most flexibility in the future, especially if the 5yo is getting a MagicBand or you might travel with them again, I'd suggest mom creates an MDE account and then adds 5yo as a managed profile. Then, become friends with mom, and finally friend request the 5yo using "friends of friends" option.

That way on a future trip you don't end up with two copies of the child under different accounts. Moving a managed-by profile from one managing account to another isn't something you can do without calling the Help Desk.

As for adding to the package reservation, will she be getting the same tickets as the rest of you? If so, you can just call in and add them to the existing reservation. But if they have their own ticket, you can link the ticket now to be able to make park reservations for them, and then add them at checkin.

-Rob

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom