Hello there, I'm new

hooters dude

Banned
Original Poster
Hi guys, just registered today and thought I'd post and say hello to everybody :wave: as my wife and I have just invested in a new pc. I've read the boards for a number of years and thought what a great site, now I've got the chance to post I'd thought I'd give it a go.

I'll start by promising not to start any threads about the monorail expansion, Harry Potter or Beastly Kingdom :hammer: and I'll try not to upset anyone like thrawn used to before being kicked off!

Anyway I've been going to Disney World from the UK since I was about 6 years old and as I'm now 38 that's quite some time. Back then I remember it being just the Magic Kingdom (without splash and thunder mountain amongst other rides) and yet it still seemed the biggest and best place in the world! Each year as I returned it grew and grew and I realised what a truly magical place it was where everything in life seemed to fade away when I was there and every trip was like Christmas to me. My mum and dad were divorced but my sister and I went on holiday with my dad every year and as he used to be able to get work lecturing in Florida we would go most years and visit the parks for a few days at a time. As I got older and started working I continued my annual trips over to Florida with my dad but hiring a car for myself so I could spend more time in the parks as my dad was a 1 visit a trip kind of guy. Since then my father has bought a house in Haines City, about a 30 minute drive away so now every year I get free accomodation :sohappy:.

Five years ago I got engaged to Debra in orlando and she became my lovely wife four years ago and you guessed it, we honeymooned in Disney World. Every year since then we've returned for three weeks at a time for our holiday and must spend one out of every three days at Disney in some capacity. We have annual passes and enjoy the little things at Disney that most people miss, such as boating at Downtown Disney as much as the theme parks themselves. We try to seek out new things to try each visit and still discover new things like great cast members on each visit. This year I introduced Debra to the delights of Christmas and newyear at Disney and if it wasn't for the family back in the UK, I think we'd make that our three weeks holiday every year!

Anyways sorry to drone on, I just thought I would introduce myself (I hope this is the right place to do it) and if anyone's wondering about the name 'hooters dude' we discovered a Hooters restaurant in Lake Buena Vista near the crossroads over Christmas and it's become our (well my :D ) favourite restaurant since then.

Thanks and hope to see you on the boards

Hooters dude :wave:

maggiegrace1

Hi And Welcome...:wave:

Im Dana...:)

I want to work at hooters.:lookaroun .and as for your avatar...

R.I.P. Anna Nicole....

:lookaroun

Happy Posting...:)

MJMcBride

Welcome aboard as well. As you can see, I'm relatively new. Although I've been taking abuse at the DIS Boards for some time now. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom