Hello From New Guy and Post Disney Depression

WDWVolFan

Original Poster
Hey everyone, I found this place while I was searching for post Disney depression and found this awesome place.
I wanted to introduce myself and sorry if that's not very common but here it goes.
Married to a wonderful woman, daddy to a cool 7 year old and I live in Georgia.
Born and raised in Brazil...yes I was once one of those teenagers running around WDW in July lol
Been to WDW in 94, 95, 97, 99 and then 2012.
Last year was our first trip as a family.
We stayed at the All Star Movies and we had a blast.
Disney has always been a place for me where I forgot the world outside and just enjoyed myself.
I think of every trip fondly and remember details, sounds, smells!
We were there exactly 1 year ago...and every now and then I think about Disney and get sad but this week has been tough!
I'm a worrier and have always been but last year I let go and laughed like I hadn't in years!
To see my son so happy and my wife enjoying herself was priceless.
If it was up to me, I'd go annually but my wife doesn't share the same desire for Disney. She loves it but thinks there are other places to visit as well.
I wish I lived in Orlando or close enough to go there a lot.
Our next trip may be in 2014 but most likely 2015.
I thoroughly enjoyed planning the trip, the hotel reservation, the dining reservations, I enjoyed to countdown on disney's website of how many days we has until our trip...
Heck I even enjoyed to trip down to Orlando because of what was ahead.
I don't mean to sound offensive to anyone but it seems like women are the ones that feel this way the most, not many guys.
I catch myself planning a trip even knowing we're not going just to let my mind fly...
I get jealous and sad when people on Facebook put pictures of them at Disney.
My son is turning 8 this year and we talked about after we left last year about his 10th birthday at Disney but then I catch myself thinking: if we go when he's 10, and then when he's 12 or 13, we only have another 2 or 3 trips as a family until he decides it's no longer cool and it crushes me.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and I apologize my melodramatic long post but hope to find some friends here, maybe find people who feel the same and stay up to date on the news about the HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH so that when my next trip happens, I'll be ready!

WDWVolFan

Original Poster
Oh another memory: our first day last year we went to Animal kingdom and my son loved the kiddie roller coaster on the Dino area.
My wife and I thought it was fun too so we went 4 times and gosh his laughter still melts my heart!
That alone makes me want to go back today...it's such a sweet memory for me.

Crazy4WDW1

Welcome! You would be surprised how many men feel the same way that you do. My husband is not a big Disney fan. I just go without him. LOL As far as your son is concerned . . . my oldest son is 27, my daughter is 24 and my youngest son just turned 21. They all LOVE WDW still. I have always shared my joy of WDW with my kids and it seemed to rub off . . . thankfully! As far as my husband . . . he is beginning to come around. ;)

WDWVolFan

Original Poster
Thanks for the love everyone!
I'm such a dork, the song Good Life by One Republic makes me miss Disney because that's the song they had the whole time on their commercials last year and we tried to trick our son by going to Cape Canaveral and telling him that was a trial run for our Disney trip and when we were leaving we told him we had lied to him and we were not going home so we played the song and because he was tired from driving all night he was like: we're going to Disney? Good. LOL definitely not one of those commercial moments.

real mad hatter

A magical welcome to the wdwmagic family! You are not the only male Disney dork here in fact one of Disney's biggest fans is our very own @real mad hatter. Hopefully your ds will grow to love Disney as much as you do.
Excuse me! Whit is this Dork ? Stands up,saluting my Cinderella's castle savings bank.Geek if you don't mind.Dork indeed.Just for that I'am gonna pop my cork on a bottle of Champers to celebrate that my savings are sitting at approx $970 for my next visit.;)

real mad hatter

Hey everyone, I found this place while I was searching for post Disney depression and found this awesome place.
I wanted to introduce myself and sorry if that's not very common but here it goes.
Married to a wonderful woman, daddy to a cool 7 year old and I live in Georgia.
Born and raised in Brazil...yes I was once one of those teenagers running around WDW in July lol
Been to WDW in 94, 95, 97, 99 and then 2012.
Last year was our first trip as a family.
We stayed at the All Star Movies and we had a blast.
Disney has always been a place for me where I forgot the world outside and just enjoyed myself.
I think of every trip fondly and remember details, sounds, smells!
We were there exactly 1 year ago...and every now and then I think about Disney and get sad but this week has been tough!
I'm a worrier and have always been but last year I let go and laughed like I hadn't in years!
To see my son so happy and my wife enjoying herself was priceless.
If it was up to me, I'd go annually but my wife doesn't share the same desire for Disney. She loves it but thinks there are other places to visit as well.
I wish I lived in Orlando or close enough to go there a lot.
Our next trip may be in 2014 but most likely 2015.
I thoroughly enjoyed planning the trip, the hotel reservation, the dining reservations, I enjoyed to countdown on disney's website of how many days we has until our trip...
Heck I even enjoyed to trip down to Orlando because of what was ahead.
I don't mean to sound offensive to anyone but it seems like women are the ones that feel this way the most, not many guys.
I catch myself planning a trip even knowing we're not going just to let my mind fly...
I get jealous and sad when people on Facebook put pictures of them at Disney.
My son is turning 8 this year and we talked about after we left last year about his 10th birthday at Disney but then I catch myself thinking: if we go when he's 10, and then when he's 12 or 13, we only have another 2 or 3 trips as a family until he decides it's no longer cool and it crushes me.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and I apologize my melodramatic long post but hope to find some friends here, maybe find people who feel the same and stay up to date on the news about the HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH so that when my next trip happens, I'll be ready!
. Welcome to the land of Magic..Well it is a small world after all..You being from Brasilia and myself from Scotland.We have something in common..Great football ( soccer ) nations..You keep winning the World Cup,and we keep cheering you on..I even still have my Brazil top from the last World Cup campaign..;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom