Height balloons testing at WDW

Jeffxz

Wouldn't height balloon testing take place earlier in the design phase for the new slide? It seems that the ride path and supports for any structures has already been decided based on the permit submitted.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Wouldn't height balloon testing take place earlier in the design phase for the new slide? It seems that the ride path and supports for any structures has already been decided based on the permit submitted.

They did balloon tests for Avatar about a month before construction started.

No Name

They're using a classic child trick on us.

When a child gets upset and starts whining and crying, a great way to calm them down is to give them a balloon. Or show them a balloon flying up high in the sky. Suddenly the child is distracted from whatever was making him or her upset. It works wonders! Disney knows that, they sell thousands (millions?) of balloons each year.

Now @WDW1974 has started about 10 threads in the last week and Bob is getting heat for using dirty Soviet (or, well, probably Chinese gov't) tactics. And Bob doesn't like the heat, so ordered his park people to put up these "height ballons." I mean, c'mon, what thing that tall would possibly be built in that area? Or why would Disney even prepare to build something in the year of cuts? It's clearly a distraction, and since there have been three pages of posts, I guess it was worth the effort.

They did the same thing exactly 6 months ago in the Fantasia Gardens area. What's been announced since? What's gone on there since? Did land clearing begin? No, absolutely nothing. The balloons were a variety of colors though, so they looked quite nice. I wonder what color(s) these ones are.

In the famous words of Walt, "Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
They're using a classic child trick on us.

When a child gets upset and starts whining and crying, a great way to calm them down is to give them a balloon. Or showing them a balloon flying up high in the sky. Suddenly the child is distracted from whatever was making him or her upset. It works wonders! Disney knows that, they sell thousands (millions?) of balloons each year.

Now @WDW1974 has started about 10 threads in the last week and Bob is getting heat for using dirty Soviet (or, well, probably Chinese gov't) tactics. And Bob doesn't like the heat, so ordered his park people to put up these "height ballons." I mean, c'mon, what thing that tall would possibly be built in that area? Or why would Disney even prepare to build something in the year of cuts? It's clearly a distraction, and since there have been three pages of posts, I guess it was worth the effort.

They did the same thing exactly 6 months ago in the Fantasia Gardens area. What's been announced since? What's gone on there since? Did land clearing begin? No, aboslutely nothing. The balloons were a variety of colors though, so they looked quite nice. I wonder what color(s) these ones are.

In the famous words of Walt, "Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Sorry.. what were you saying, I was distracted by a balloon. ;)

TheMouseFan

We were at CBR this past week. Yesterday, my husband and 13 year old son asked me what the balloons were for. I didn't really think anything of it at the time, but they insist they were attached to the top of Aruba and Barbados buildings. I wasn't in a position to see them well, so I don't know for sure, that is just what they are saying.

jt04

Well, I did once suggest a gondola type transportation system connecting CBR to WS could prove very efficient. And a nice amenity to spur sales. So that is my guess.

P_Radden

Well, I did once suggest a gondola type transportation system connecting CBR to WS could prove very efficient. And a nice amenity to spur sales. So that is my guess.

Like this?
epcotcanal1.jpg

I like the idea of this canal, but I don't think the height balloons would have anything to do with it.

Biff215

It looks cool but, it would eat up a country pad (not like their building any) and require a third gate unless the boats went all the way across to the international gate. Question. Is DVC building in moderate hotels?
Some believe this will be their next step given they're more or less out of deluxes. IMO this would be problematic given the current price point around the MK, as I can't see them dropping the price. I believe another standalone DVC would be best if done right (River Country?), but they seem to prefer the lower cost of add-ons to existing resorts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom