Trip Report Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, It's Back to the World We Go! *COMPLETED*

237D6552-1F64-43BD-A431-02528C53BB69-14977-00001992335AB005.jpeg

Sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you prematurely. I am your host ~ your trip report host. Here in the following pages you'll see how the Tuvalu family survived Spring Break 2017. Kindly sit back and relax please, and make room for everyone. There's no turning back now......

Well, that's not exactly true. You are free to FIND YOUR WAY OUT at any time. Although I hope you stick around for the tour. There's bound to be drama. ;)

The deets:
Cast: Moi (Tuvalu), Benevolent Husband (Woody), and the only reason we braved Spring Break madness ~ our Teacher Daughter (Em)
Dates: April 1-8, 2017
Resort: Port Orleans French Quarter

Along the way you'll encounter the slowest cast members ever hired by Disney. Farewell performances of Wishes (were there tears?) The awesome Blue Angels flyover. A Magic meet-up with another mother/daughter pair equally obsessed with WDW as Em and me. And the BEST TRANSPORTATION EVER.

You'll also discover the answers to the following questions: Are Spring Break crowds really that bad? (I'll give you a hint......YES.) What the heck happened to the Trolley? And the flagpole? Is the Red Card really gone? Can you get a same-day ADR for Be Our Guest? What about 'Ohana?

And the most-pressing question of all: Will Woody be doomed to sit on a hard chair in our room chained to his PC and phone all week?

Now as they say, "Look alive" and we'll continue our little tour.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
The full house at CoP followed us over to TTA Peoplemover.

View attachment 202016
At least the end of the line wasn't in front of Space Mountain like it was in February!

The escalator to the top was not working. Woody believes it is intentionally turned off on busy days to prevent too many guests from ascending at one time and crowding the platform.

View attachment 202017

Wasn't able to test his theory this trip since this was our only ride. :(

View attachment 202018

This view is no longer cluttered by silly white cabanas!
View attachment 202019

View attachment 202020

Gotta love the Cabana money grab failed! Ugly, out of place and a tad creepity.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
**UPDATE**

I received a call this afternoon from POFQ General Manager Punam's assistant. She began by profusely apologizing for the delay in getting back to me. Somehow my email had ended up in her "clutter file." She thanked me for my feedback and assured me that Punam had implemented training for the CMs working at Sassagoula Floatworks. Additionally, the non-working items in our room were repaired the day Punam received my email.

I was happy to hear that my concerns were addressed and not ignored like I thought. :)

sheriffwoody

**UPDATE**

I received a call this afternoon from POFQ General Manager Punam's assistant. She began by profusely apologizing for the delay in getting back to me. Somehow my email had ended up in her "clutter file." She thanked me for my feedback and assured me that Punam had implemented training for the CMs working at Sassagoula Floatworks. Additionally, the non-working items in our room were repaired the day Punam received my email.

I was happy to hear that my concerns were addressed and not ignored like I thought. :)
They must use outlook. I get emails sent to my clutter sometimes too for no reason! It's so infuriating. Now I guess she could have been using that as an excuse, but I hope not. haha.

Gabe1

This vacation was Em's last opportunity to see Wishes and it was now our 5th night ~ no more time to waste! We rode the monorail from Epcot to the TTC and found a bench (shocker!) to sit on while passing the time. Though we could have made it into MK before the show started, Em had no desire to stand among the spring break crowds.

And she knew we'd have a pretty great view from where we were.

First we were treated to the Electrical Water Pageant. :happy:
View attachment 201781

Wishes, Dream a dream......
View attachment 201782

A firework shell that bursts into the sun??!!!! Cool!!!

Em made it through the show without tears.

Now we had a transportation decision to make. Monorail to MK and transfer to the POFQ bus? Monorail back to Epcot and get the bus from there?

We did neither.

Woody requested an Uber. We were back in our room 15 minutes later. It was the best $7.52 we'd spent all day.

The Cookie Monster had a craving, so I walked over to the food court and picked up three M&M cookies. They were eaten before a picture was taken.

Coming up ~ What would wake me up tomorrow?
Uber has frequently become our friend.

Gabe1

Hi @Tuvalu Months and months behind and I don't even know where I left off on this trip report....Oy. :facepalm: At this rate you might be reading mine before I read all of your reports. :arghh:

Anywho...with this photo you distracted me more than I am already.
img_3537-jpg.203825

We opened the FQ way back when, then Port Orleans when my DD was two months old. The following year we Grand Opened the then Dixie Landings (POR). My DD 2nd trip barely walking fell in love with the horses. Your photo brought back such wonderful memories-off to the true photo albums I did go. Distraction yet again. My back story is DD loved the horses so much that each and every horse at both the FQ and POR that she passed she bear hugged. Trip to trip in her early life the tradition continued. Around Kindergarten I saw one at a high end nursery near us. It was her Birthday time and I bought it. Our family at her party as she unwrapped it thought I went off the deep end and she just stood up and started hugging the horse. I knew it would be beloved. The horse sits proudly planted at the front of our house near the entrance. Thanks for the memories brought back.

DF3_n7QWAAABduh.jpg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hi @Tuvalu Months and months behind and I don't even know where I left off on this trip report....Oy. :facepalm: At this rate you might be reading mine before I read all of your reports. :arghh:

Anywho...with this photo you distracted me more than I am already.
img_3537-jpg.203825

We opened the FQ way back when, then Port Orleans when my DD was two months old. The following year we Grand Opened the then Dixie Landings (POR). My DD 2nd trip barely walking fell in love with the horses. Your photo brought back such wonderful memories-off to the true photo albums I did go. Distraction yet again. My back story is DD loved the horses so much that each and every horse at both the FQ and POR that she passed she bear hugged. Trip to trip in her early life the tradition continued. Around Kindergarten I saw one at a high end nursery near us. It was her Birthday time and I bought it. Our family at her party as she unwrapped it thought I went off the deep end and she just stood up and started hugging the horse. I knew it would be beloved. The horse sits proudly planted at the front of our house near the entrance. Thanks for the memories brought back.

DF3_n7QWAAABduh.jpg
What a precious story! Thanks so much for sharing. POR was Em's first WDW resort ~ she was 20 months old.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom