Heart warming visit to Epcot

Oddysey

Original Poster
A friend of mine was diagnosed with a brain tumor in November of 2008. She has survived multiple surgeries, but the tumor continues to grow back. As a result, she is not in the best of shape and among many other problems is unable to walk.

Her husband took her to Epcot last week because she loves Epcot. He made a phone call to Le Chefs De France because that is her favorite resturant. The cast at Epcot and Le Chefs De France when above and beyond to make them welcome. They made sure to provide seating that provided adequate space for the handicapped, made sure to give them the time slot they desired, and even gave them a free meal!

All being said they had a wonderful trip largely due to the efforts of the Disney Cast. I figured I would share this because amongst all the complaining of Disney nickel and diming it is nice to see the mouse give back.

rsoxguy

Thank you for sharing this story of kindness and compassion. I pray that your friend will win her battle against cancer.

Oddysey

Original Poster
This made me smile, and made me a little sorrowful. Thanks for posting, I'll be praying for your friend. May I ask her name?

Her name is Debbie and her husbands name is Brian. They are some of the best people I have ever met, and I sincerely mean that. It makes no sense that this would happen to them, but then again cancer does not care if your a good person or not. I am just glad she was able to go, they had a great trip, and that Disney took good care of them.

harveyt0206

I am so sorry to hear of your friend's illness, but am happy to hear that she had such a nice day at Epcot with her husband. Best wishes to you all she continues her journey.

Raven66

My niece was diagnosed with a brain tumor at age 9. Give Kids the World gave her, her wish to visit WDW. She had a blast. So many pictures and big smiles. Unfortunately she lost her battle at the age of 12. She would be 19 now. I'm sending good healing thoughts to your friend and her family.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom