Heart rate monitor suggestions?

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm hoping you running and fitness experts here might be able to help me, or at the very least point me in the right direction. My 7 or 8 year old polar p55 just died this morning (moment of silence :cry:). It wasn't geared toward running at all and was basically just a watch and reliable heart rate monitor. Since I'm a runner now I thought the replacement should have some features that would help me track my progress and improve my pace.

I've been looking at Garmin and Polar and I don't seem to see anything that quite fits what I'm looking for. I want a watch that I can use in the gym to track calories burned while doing cardio and strength work as well as give me average and overall pace when I'm running. The watches that I've seen are either basic fitness watches like the dearly departed (tracking heart rate and calories burned) or a full blown running watch like the Garmin Forerunner.

Maybe my best option is to get an inexpensive heart rate monitor for the gym and get a Garmin for running?

Any suggestions on brands or websites that I should check out?

SleepingMonk

I want a watch that I can use in the gym to track calories burned while doing cardio and strength work as well as give me average and overall pace when I'm running.

Polar RS300X does all you're looking for.

rs300x_blk_km_top_left_500x500.jpg

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Original Poster
Polar RS300X does all you're looking for.

Thanks! It seems to fit the bill- I'm slightly concerned about the seperate gps sensor though. I'm easily irritated by "stuff" when running.

I know this is a long shot but does anyone have any experience with the Polar rs300x? :lol:

WallyWorld

I have the Garmin 405. GPS...heart rate...the works. Wirelessly downloads to my computer and shows all details of runs....even maps them out on google maps. I got a refurb for $160 on Amazon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom