Heads of State visits

Tom

Beta Return
What kind of records or reports are you looking for?

Nixon gave his resignation speech at the Contemporary, if that's what you want. Many other presidents have visited the parks as well.

RScottyL

http://www./2012/01/president-obama...world-on-thursday-to-discuss-economy-tourism/

http://www./2012/01/live-video-pres...sm-inside-magic-kingdom-at-walt-disney-world/

Obama is not the first United States President to visit the Walt Disney World Resort. In the past, Presidents Richard Nixon, Jimmy Carter, Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan, and George H. Bush all visited for various occasions, shown in the historical B-roll footage below, released by Disney this week:

JIMINYCR

I found an old Disney blog that posted this ....

rdl125760SMALL.jpg

One of the first heads of state to visit was Mohammed V, King of Morocco, in 1957, shown here with Walt Disney at Sleeping Beauty Castle.

fillerup

Nixon gave his resignation speech at the Contemporary, if that's what you want. Many other presidents have visited the parks as well.

Nixon gave his resignation speech from the Oval.

He gave his "I am not a crook" speech at the Contemporary.

Mouse_Trap

Nikita Khrushchev was desperate to visit Disneyland when he visited California with his family in 1959.
I read the only reason he didn't was because the Police Chief couldn't make adequate security arrangements in Aneheim (as it not being under his jurisdiction).

He was supposed to have said the following after being told by the State department that they could not guarantee his security there:
"What do you have there – rocket launching pads? Is there a cholera epidemic down there? Have gangsters taken control of the place? Your police are strong enough to lift up a bull; surely they are strong enough to take care of gangsters?" But no, the State Department could not possibly promise to "guard my security......This situation is inconceivable, I thought I could come to this country in peace, not sit in a closed car in the smothering heat under the sun. I thought I could come as a free man."

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

No he didn't....he was in the Oval Office. I watched it.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Nixon, as VP, was at Disneyland for the launch of the Monorail. If I remember correctly, the monorail took off with he and his family, minus his Secret Service detail.
Nixon gave his resignation speech from the Oval.

He gave his "I am not a crook" speech at the Contemporary.

That I didn't know.

HolleBolleGijs

Nixon, as VP, was at Disneyland for the launch of the Monorail. If I remember correctly, the monorail took off with he and his family, minus his Secret Service detail.

Supposedly, the Imagineers couldn't get the monorail to work leading up to the launch, so they just stuck a random CM with no monorail-driving expertise (because he looked good in the costume) in the driver's seat. Walt, who didn't know about the monorail problems, made the "driver" try to operate the monorail. So, the CM pressed some buttons and it started moving. The Secret Service were not happy.

This is what I was told on the Undiscovered Future World Tour, so I honestly don't know how true it is (some of the details seem a little fishy).

Matt_Black

Not a head of state, certainly, but I know Princess Di visited WDW with Princes William and Harry. I know this because it coincided with one of my visits and all the guests were abuzz with talk and keeping a keen eye out. Didn't spot them though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom