Heading back to the World after 4 years

ShoalFox

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
In less than one month I'll board a plane headed towards MCO so I can visit WDW for the first time since 2019. I am undeniably excited about finally heading back, though many things weigh heavy on my mind. So much has changed since I last visited, and I'll have to wait to see in person whether things have been for the better or not. I have been loosely following news and updates so I have a decent idea of what to expect.

I have a room booked at the Caribbean Beach Resort, my first time staying there. I'll be able to use the Skyliner for the first time too! I expect Epcot's front half to be almost unrecognizable from my memories given the ongoing construction projects (glad I was able to take the Undiscovered FW tour while it was still available). I did get a chance to see Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland in 2019 while only Smuggler's Run was open so I'm looking forward to seeing the DHS version and getting on Rise for the first time. I don't really have any particular comments regarding MK and AK since it appears everything there is mostly the same as it was. Seems like my old The Fox & the Hound MagicBand will still be able to work so that's nice.

I don't really have much else to say, I'm just excited to finally be going back. I'm certain I will have a great time there, since it may be another long while before I go again.

DisneyFanatic12

In less than one month I'll board a plane headed towards MCO so I can visit WDW for the first time since 2019. I am undeniably excited about finally heading back, though many things weigh heavy on my mind. So much has changed since I last visited, and I'll have to wait to see in person whether things have been for the better or not. I have been loosely following news and updates so I have a decent idea of what to expect.

I have a room booked at the Caribbean Beach Resort, my first time staying there. I'll be able to use the Skyliner for the first time too! I expect Epcot's front half to be almost unrecognizable from my memories given the ongoing construction projects (glad I was able to take the Undiscovered FW tour while it was still available). I did get a chance to see Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland in 2019 while only Smuggler's Run was open so I'm looking forward to seeing the DHS version and getting on Rise for the first time. I don't really have any particular comments regarding MK and AK since it appears everything there is mostly the same as it was. Seems like my old The Fox & the Hound MagicBand will still be able to work so that's nice.

I don't really have much else to say, I'm just excited to finally be going back. I'm certain I will have a great time there, since it may be another long while before I go again.
You’ll have a lot of fun! Skyliner lines can be a little long in the morning, but the system moves a lot of guests and the line should move pretty fast. AK and MK should be about the same still, only major changes being Splash is closed, HEA projections go down Main Street (and the lasers and stuff are brighter), the monorails have lights under them, and the castle is Rose Gold.

Epcot is still a pit, but World Showcase is arguably better than before, with an extended France pavilion.

HS has a few new offerings, but Galexy’s Edge (besides the entrance transitions) is a replica. Rise is super cool though! I wish all the effects were working for your visit, but it’s still a great ride!

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

Going back after 4 years, you will see and experience a lot of changes. My longest Disney drought was 4 years and that killed me. Changes…. you may like some, others not so much. Keep an open mind and enjoy all that you can. Many guests read on this site negatives and that taints their impressions. Many come back wondering what was all the fuss about. Get up to speed on the genie + and LL’s and other new guest items you have to go through. Try some new dining spots and menu items. Enjoy your visit back.

Tony the Tigger

You will have a great time - and much of that is up to you! Take advice with a grain of salt, especially if someone seems bitter.

Probably one of the more important things is to read up on Genie/Lightning Lanes. Personally, I haven’t used them yet - I just choose rides with shorter waits - but it’s not that important for me to do a lot of them.

I thought Ratatouille was fun, same with Runaway Railway, and yes, Rise. Guardians sounds a bit much for me, haven’t tried it.

Btw CBR is our favorite and most-booked resort, though it has changed over the years, and we all like/dislike resorts for different reasons!

wserratore1963

Welcome back! Have a great Trip!

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
may-the-odds-be-ever-in-your-favor.jpg

esskay

Have a great trip :)

Also, dont make the mistake of thinking you need Genie+ instantly. You're on site, and being at CBR you absolutely do not need it for Epcot or HS early entry. You'll queue maybe 5-10 minutes for Remi and most other rides, and a max of about 30 mins for rise.

Having stayed at CBR earlier this year I never once needed Genie+.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’d say some things…normal crowd level and dining avail…are much better

The rigging around of the genie and obvious lack of staff qualify and operation efficiency is more frustrating

You’ll be fine…in the wash

Thepuma

If you have deep pockets and tons of patience you should have a good time.

Unfortunately things have changed since you last visited...2019 was probably as good as it got for visiting Disney.

but, there are a number of new rides which you haven't experienced, and that alone will make your trip special

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom