head-scratching quote:

Damon7777

Original Poster
"""I love Universal Orlando because unlike at Disney you can do all of the parks using up very little time."""

BASS

Why is it a head-scratcher?

I went to Universal recently. I prefer Disney. But, it was pleasant to have the luxury of purchasing their version of the fast pass system and being able to use it on every ride. We rode nearly everything, some things more than once (and some things three, four times). It's not nearly as immersive as Disney--hell, it doesn't come close--but short lines and quick access was a nice perk.

TwilightZone

I mean they aren't wrong. It took me 5 seconds to ride everything at universal with their fastpass system. And if the ride breaks down you get more fastpasses.

Damon7777

Original Poster
Holy guacamole,
I guess I need to break it down.

The author of the quote is telling us that he loves the Universal parks because they can be toured in very little time.....as if spending a long time in a park would be unwanted.

Funny, are we not going to parks for enjoyment --and the longer that enjoyment lasts the better? I like a park that can take a long time to see due to its comprehensiveness. The longer the better.
If I'm in prison I want a short stay or if I'm at the DMV I want an abbreviated visit.
Easy to follow, really: ordinarily if something is desirable I want it to last. If something is undesirable I want to end quickly.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Holy guacamole,

The author of the quote is telling us that he loves the Universal parks because they can be toured in very little time.....as if spending a long time in a park would be unwanted.

Funny, are we not going to parks for enjoyment --and the longer that enjoyment lasts the better? I like a park that can take a long time to see due to its comprehensiveness. The longer the better.
If I'm in prison I want a short stay or if I'm at the DMV I want an abbreviated visit.
Easy to follow, really: ordinarily if something is desirable I want it to last. If something is undesirable I want to end quickly.

I don't know the context of the quote so I don't know exactly what they are referring to. Obviously you can do Universal quicker the Disney since there are fewer parks and they are very close together. If you have Express Pass you can also do a lot more rides in a day so you don't need to stay as long to do everything. I can spend the same of amount of time enjoying a Universal park as I do a Disney park, that more of a choice then a difference between the parks.

JIMINYCR

I like a park that can take a long time to see due to its comprehensiveness. The longer the better.

Thats the brilliance of WDW. Theres so much more throughout to entertain, experience and enjoy. After visiting multiple times I'm never bored, never run out of things to experience... theres never enough days. Thats why weve never sought to do more than an occasional day trip to Uni. But the crowd situation is definitely beginning to make it less enjoyable.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Why is it a head-scratcher?

I went to Universal recently. I prefer Disney. But, it was pleasant to have the luxury of purchasing their version of the fast pass system and being able to use it on every ride. We rode nearly everything, some things more than once (and some things three, four times). It's not nearly as immersive as Disney--hell, it doesn't come close--but short lines and quick access was a nice perk.

Not every ride.

SirWillow

When did Universal change their Express Pass to every ride? Went Jan. of 17 and the top rides weren't included.

there are 2 versions of Express Pass- one that will let you skip each ride's line once, and one that is unlimited. Works on every ride at Universal and has been that way since before last year at this time. I used the unlimited one last January when I visited, and we'll be doing the one time each next month during our visit. It's the most effective way to visit both parks in one day if you're limited on time.

For the record I love the Universal parks. Are they Disney? No. And good. Let Disney be Disney and Universal be Universal and both can be fantastic at what they do.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Ok, technically not every ride. The only ride in the two main Universal parks that doesn't take it is the Pteranodon Flyers. Other than that it works on every single ride at Universal and Islands of Adventure.

Not sure about Volcano Bay.

Unless it has changed, neither the Hogwarts ride in Hogsmeade or Gringotts in Diagon Alley allow Express Pass.

Volcano Bay has a different system. You're given a Magicband like wrist band upon entry that you interact with a screen at a ride to get a return time if you don't want to wait in standby. That was the method when we visited 2 years ago. It may have changed since then.

imperius

Holy guacamole,

I mean they are cutting out the undesirable part. The waiting. If universal has shorter lines then you are spending more time on the entertainment. Disney is great, but so is Universal. People making posts about someone liking Universal a little more at one point is hilarious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom