HEA from train station?

DisneyDreamer08

On our last trip in 2016 we watched Wishes from the top of the train station. It is one of our favorite memories from that trip and our oldest still talks about it. She asked recently if we could watch them again from this spot on our next trip. We’ve never seen HEA- how is the view from the top of the train station? Can you see the projections?
Thank you!

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
To get the best experience and to be able to clearly see the projections, you ideally need to be on Main Street between Casey’s and the hub.

That’s great to know, thank you. This might be a silly question, but during the fireworks, do people stand in the middle of Main Street or only on the curb?

Upvote 0

mf1972

not a silly question. sidewalk or curb, people will fill in any available space that isn’t fenced off during the show.
for a more silly answer, i’m waiting to see adults sit on another adults shoulders for a better view. it wouldn’t surprise me 😜

Upvote 0

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Another question. I’ve heard that the Tomorrowland bridge (green part) is a good spot because there’s an easy way out from there. Can anyone explain the exit plan from here? Thanks so much!
044C17D9-A1E6-48CC-A987-CE8164870F67.png

Upvote 0

flynnibus

Premium Member
That’s great to know, thank you. This might be a silly question, but during the fireworks, do people stand in the middle of Main Street or only on the curb?

You really want to be in the hub proper... in the half behind the partner's statue area with a clear view of the arch/screen area above the castle entrance. Try to position yourself so the light poles don't block that area.

They will have areas taped off, but at about 15mins before showtime (or 10mins) they will start trying to squeeze everyone in... encouraging people to stand up and move forward. That's a good time to squeeze into new spaces without waiting so long before :)

Upvote 0

Ksearcy

My experience has been that cast members try to keep half of Main Street clear as a walkway up until nearly the start of Happily Ever After. Then everyone basically fills in the entire street just before the show starts. If you want a choice spot, your safest bet is to pick it out 45-60 minutes before showtime. That's what I try to do.

Upvote 0

flynnibus

Premium Member
Another question. I’ve heard that the Tomorrowland bridge (green part) is a good spot because there’s an easy way out from there. Can anyone explain the exit plan from here? Thanks so much!
View attachment 381958

Once you get to the outter ring of the hub... movement is easy. It is all solid bodies on the inner ring of the hub. I think this map creator is pointing out that you can cut through the Tomorrowland Terrace and get to Main Street from there.

Personally I think the area in front of the two planters is better than the green area they've highlighted... sidewalk of inner hub.. try to get a spot leaning against the fence/walls. Green is nice for exiting.. but I'm there to see the show, not just get out :)

Upvote 0

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Once you get to the outter ring of the hub... movement is easy. It is all solid bodies on the inner ring of the hub. I think this map creator is pointing out that you can cut through the Tomorrowland Terrace and get to Main Street from there.

Personally I think the area in front of the two planters is better than the green area they've highlighted... sidewalk of inner hub.. try to get a spot leaning against the fence/walls. Green is nice for exiting.. but I'm there to see the show, not just get out :)
Like the way you think. :p I'm more than happy to wait a bit to let the crowds thin out a bit. The busses will also be full at that point so might as well hang back a bit and then go thru the shops slowly to get out once past Casey's.

Oh I agree too, that was just a big bonus of the train station. Especially with two little kids who will already be very much past their bedtime :)

Upvote 0

LeighM

We watched HEA from the train station last year. We could still clearly see the projections from the station. Just make sure you get there early enough so you can be in the very front at the fence with a clear view. We got stuck leaving a restaurant late so by the time we fought the crowds on Main Street, we were the 3rd row from the front and behind the flag pole. Here's a not very good image:

We all enjoyed it. I prefer watching parades and fireworks from the train station because it's less crowded and I have less anxiety. Plus, it worked out well last year because my husband wasn't feeling well. We snuck out right before the very end so we could get to the bus stops before the crowds.

Upvote 0

flynnibus

Premium Member
There is a ton of detail in the show I think would be lost in that view.

From the laser effects on the castle, to picking out all the animations and characters, etc.

Unlike the prior projection mapping show that was more about making the castle look like other things or effects.. HEA has a ton of character animations and special effects that are relatively small. For instance, seeing all the stained glass characters near the end (details like the frozen sisters being split on either side of the structure, etc). Obviously the major effects are still visible, but the show is very detail oriented unlike Wishes.

Upvote 0

LeighM

There is a ton of detail in the show I think would be lost in that view.

From the laser effects on the castle, to picking out all the animations and characters, etc.

Unlike the prior projection mapping show that was more about making the castle look like other things or effects.. HEA has a ton of character animations and special effects that are relatively small. For instance, seeing all the stained glass characters near the end (details like the frozen sisters being split on either side of the structure, etc). Obviously the major effects are still visible, but the show is very detail oriented unlike Wishes.

In our experience, we were actually able to see all of the projections fine. I think it's because the projections are so clearly defined. We could even see the characters on the spire. Now the projections at the new show at HS definitely need to be seen closer and in the middle because of the trees blocking the view. I think my eyes also had an easier time at the castle because we were further back and had a clear view of everything at the castle so my eyes knew where to look. The theater at HS is spread out and lower so it was harder for us to see everything that was happening.

Upvote 0

MissingDisney

The lights at the train station, on the buildings at the beginning of Main Street and flagpole area trees are distracting to us. We much prefer the darkness of the hub area and how vibrant it makes the lasers, projections and fireworks appear.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom