Have you stayed at AKL recently? What are your honest opinions on bus service?

mouse_luv

Stayed at Kidani a year ago and visited while in the World again in June of this year. Both times buses were fantastic. No complaints out of us, and we were surprised because like you we have heard so many bad things in the past about AKL buses and travel time etc. I will agree with @lostpro9het that what others have said about the buses is way overblown. DBF and I also thought that transportation here was better than SSR which we stayed at earlier in our trip last year.

CheshireCat12

Stayed at AKL recently and bus service was very good. MK is a longer ride but still not a big deal. Resort is so beautiful it is worth it to stay here. If you are spending a lot of time in the MK area though, I would not stay at AKL unless you are in love with the theming or dining at the resort and plan to make full use of it.

JusticeDisney

I've never actually stayed at AKL, but I have been there to eat and visit. My experience with the bus system is in stark contrast to what most of the other posters have expressed. We waited forever and a day for a bus to come. It was almost comical how long we had to wait, except it really wasn't funny at all. Anyway, sounds like my experience is the exception and not the rule, but I just figured I would share it with you. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I've never actually stayed at AKL, but I have been there to eat and visit. My experience with the bus system is in stark contrast to what most of the other posters have expressed. We waited forever and a day for a bus to come. It was almost comical how long we had to wait, except it really wasn't funny at all. Anyway, sounds like my experience is the exception and not the rule, but I just figured I would share it with you. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
I can counter...I've been going to AKL for Jikos for 3 out of the last 5 trips, and a 5 day stay there a month ago.

The busses are not as good as Pop, but they are not terrible. 15 - 20 minute wait between busses. Mind if I ask where you were going post dining?

JusticeDisney

I can counter...I've been going to AKL for Jikos for 3 out of the last 5 trips, and a 5 day stay there a month ago.

The busses are not as good as Pop, but they are not terrible. 15 - 20 minute wait between busses. Mind if I ask where you were going post dining?
I believe we were going to Epcot and DHS when catching the bus. I know for sure we did not bus it to MK.

Bparso87

I find DTD busses to be horrible from most resorts. Mostly due to traffic issues and the fact that DTD busses aren't as frequent during the day. Anyone remember when DTD busses went to all 3 stops? Then onto Typhoon Lagoon? It was painful.
I agree with this it can take 20 min from SSR lol. And u still catch typhoon with akl on the way home so that is even longer

bethymouse

The bus waits aren't too long. Maybe about 15-20 minutes. The only bad bus ride is after Wished at MK. We waited 15 minutes for 1 bus, and it was filled. We waited another 10 minutes, and of course had to stand. But, that is to be expected after Wishes. Other than the long walks back to your room, bus service isn't all that bad ( but we're used to it).;)

HouCuseChickie

It's been almost exactly 2 years since we stayed there, but I don't think we ever waited more than 10 min for a bus. A friend at work is DVC and their home resort is AKL and he was saying 5-10 min wait is their avg from their trips.

jaklgreen

Its not that the bus service is bad, its about the same as anywhere else. It is just that it is further away from all of the parks(except AK). I stayed at AKL once and felt like I was on the busses a lot longer then any other visit. It was noticeable enough that I choose not to stay there again even though I really liked the resort. You will spend more time on the busses if you stay there, no way around it. The resort is just too far away from everything else IMO.

riogirl

Stayed last month at AKL for the first time and we LOVED the resort! The buses were the same as other deluxe resorts imo. I really get confused as to why so many negative feedback about the bus service. We NEVER had an issue. If you really want to be close to the Magic Kingdom "action" then AKL is not the best choice of resort-but not for busses. They may take a few extra minutes to Epcot and Magic Kingdom but nothing outrageous! Enjoy your stay!

ScarletBegonias

We were there 9/19-9/26 and I thought the bus waits were crazy. We never waited LESS than 20 minutes for a bus. One morning we were waiting for a bus to DHS and watched, not joking, 4 buses each for all other parks before ONE came for us. No matter what line I was in, that was the bus that took 30 minutes to come. It didn't ruin our trip, but we have a small, impatient toddler, and it got kind of annoying trying to keep her from running into the road for 30 minutes. I think we just hit that pocket in the morning that is when everyone is leaving at the same time. It was a bit of a hassle though, and it didn't help when everyone behind us butted right in front of us when the bus came.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom