Have you seen/done it all in the WDW parks?

kels650

I try to make a point of doing at least one completely new thing each trip, whether its a new show, restaurant, or ride. But I still do not believe I have come close to seeing everything they have to offer, but it always gives me another reason to go back, especially if they keep closing things down for good!

KLinder7

I try to get to everything at least once, so I'm sure I got a ton I could check off the "list." But there are also attractions I did not get a chance to ride and now they are no longer. :(

JillC LI

Everything but Playhouse Disney(Disney Jr) On Stage. No reason for a guy in his thirties to visit that one alone.

Really? Everything? All attractions, parades, shows, quick-service and sit-down restaurants, stayed at all resorts, seen things like the MK Flag Ceremony that another poster mentioned, and all those minute details that WDW has to offer? If the answer is yes, color me impressed! ;)

gostone23

Nope. I make a list every time we go of things we haven't done. Still got to get out to Rafiki's planet watch and see the country bear jamboree. Oh, and a huge one... ride Expedition Everest! (The rest of the family doesn't like coasters or is too little yet.)

Last visit we finally rode the steam train around Magic Kingdom and had Kaki Gori ice (which was over-rated).

-robert

ps. starting to get the bug to return soon....

PhilharMagician

We would typically go for 16 days and spend every one of those days in the parks. So as far as the 4 major parks go, the answer would be yes. Stayed @ 75% of the resorts, Walked nearly every walking path, jogging trail and sidewalk in all of WDW. Played all of the min-golf courses, rode monorails, busses, trains and even carriage rides throughout the fort. Have had a meal @ 95% of the restaurants on WDW property. The one thing we have not done completely is the water parks.

cheezbat

Really? Everything? All attractions, parades, shows, quick-service and sit-down restaurants, stayed at all resorts, seen things like the MK Flag Ceremony that another poster mentioned, and all those minute details that WDW has to offer? If the answer is yes, color me impressed! ;)
The original poster asked if you've done all attractions and shows in the parks. My answer is yes. I've eaten at many of the restaurants in the parks, but not all...obviously it's next to impossible nowdays since they require reservations months in advance.

dadddio

There are a few things, like Country Bear Jamboree that I haven't done because I haven't had an interest. Now that we have kids, we'll likely check it out soon enough. That being said, there are many other small things like Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom that I've never tried and some Epcot countries in which we have never done the Agent P thing.

My point, I guess, is that there are some attractions that we are always going to give low enough priority to that we are unlikely to ever get around to them. Further, there are so many small activities and attractions that I doubt that we could ever complete them all given the amount of time that we are able to spend in the parks.

JillC LI

There are a few things, like Country Bear Jamboree that I haven't done because I haven't had an interest.

Finally decide to try CBJ for the first time on our last visit. Wish I hadn't. LOL. I like country music and corny humor, but it was too much even for me. But at least I can say I tried it once now!

JIMINYCR

Every time I plan my next trip I start out thinking... Yeah, I've done it all ... and think I'll have a hard time finding something new to do or see. But I always manage to discover something exciting to look forward to experiencing and cant wait to try. I'm never bored or think any of Disney is stale.

GoofyDufy

The original poster asked if you've done all attractions and shows in the parks. My answer is yes. I've eaten at many of the restaurants in the parks, but not all...obviously it's next to impossible nowdays since they require reservations months in advance.

The question wasn’t have you done every attraction, there were two questions in the OP.

First question, have you ever gone park by park and kind of checked off each attraction that you've seen and done so you can actually say you've experienced all of the attractions they have to offer?

Yes, we started creating a check list and checking things off about 8 years ago. The list started off as just attractions/shows, but then changed to include Table Services and Counter Services. I recommend doing this because the check lists have become an awesome souvenir.

Second question, …for the bragging rights to say you've done it all in WDW.....have you?

I used to say yes to this question. But what I have found is that when you say yes to this question, you are then bombarded with question after question of have you done this or that. In which it becomes nearly impossible to have done it all. The questions morphs from attractions, to restaurants, to resorts, to very specific experiences, tours, activities outside parks, and then to older extinct attractions and restaurants. But with that said, we hold up pretty good to the onslaught of questions.

Like PhilHarmagician, we go every year for long periods of time and back when it was a savings we did the DDP (sometimes twice a year). Like TinkerbellKate, I have been going for 30+ years (36 years I think). Unlike CheezBat, I have children and have done all the new younger activities. In addition, I was young when we started going. I somewhat disagree with Dadddio, because in the no holds barred of “have you done it all at WDW” the Maelstrom been closed now means you will never be able to check that off your list.

I now answer the have you done it all question with “You can’t say that we haven’t tried!”

The same can be said for Disneyland, too…

Ever play “I never” of wdw? You lose when you have to say no…
  • Have you stayed at every deluxe and moderate WDW resort including WDW DVCs?
  • Have you eaten at every cs and ts restaurant within the 4 parks?
  • Have you ridden every slide at the 3 waterparks?
  • Have you been a part of storytime with Belle?
  • Have ridden the Skyway?
  • Have been to a wedding?
  • Have you parasailed in bay lake?
  • Have you been an extra in the Indiana Jones Stunt Show?
  • Have you been dunked in the Back Lot Tour? Road on the bee in the Back Lot Tour?
  • Have you roller-skated at Pleasure Island?
  • Have you done all the green screen movies with Dreamfinder?
  • Have you been on a Discovery River boat?
  • Have you seen an animal being medically treated?
  • Have you walked around both Discovery Islands?
  • Have you been picked to be in the Hoop Dee Do show?
  • Have you ridden the steam train at Fort Wilderness?
Still with me? Just so you know, I know you will ask me one question and I will be out.

I hate getting asked the “have you done it all” question from a first timer who just got back, because you know they are only asking because you know that they know they have done something in the 1% you haven’t only because its new and you have been there since it opened.

dadddio

I somewhat disagree with Dadddio, because in the no holds barred of “have you done it all at WDW” the Maelstrom been closed now means you will never be able to check that off your list.
My thinking is that when considering whether I have done all of the attractions at WDW, I can only include those that exist today. Otherwise, we would be asking if anyone has done all of the attractions that have ever existed. Not only would that club be very small (probably empty), but it would be closed to new members.

GoofyDufy

My thinking is that when considering whether I have done all of the attractions at WDW, I can only include those that exist today. Otherwise, we would be asking if anyone has done all of the attractions that have ever existed. Not only would that club be very small (probably empty), but it would be closed to new members.
I'm with you... That's why I said somewhat disagree, because the question isn't exactly clear and is certainly open to interpretation. Just like it didn’t say “ever existed” it didn’t say “currently exists”. I wouldn't be surprised if that person does exists. I thought I saw something about a person claiming to be in that club for Disneyland.

dadddio

I'm with you... That's why I said somewhat disagree, because the question isn't exactly clear and is certainly open to interpretation. Just like it didn’t say “ever existed” it didn’t say “currently exists”. I wouldn't be surprised if that person does exists. I thought I saw something about a person claiming to be in that club for Disneyland.
My thinking is that the subset of people who 'flew to the moon' probably doesn't intersect with the subset of people who 'skated with Elsa'.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom