Have you experienced a WDW honeymoon?

LVROFDSNY

Original Poster
I was just wondering what people's experiences have been for a WDW honeymoon. Where did you stay? When did you go? Where did you eat? Did you do anything special? What did disney do for you? Anything else you wanted to share. I was just interested! Thanks

DiPSU224

I just got back from mine on June 1. By far, our best trip (other than our engagement trip) to the world ever! We stayed 10 days and split our stay between the Poly and POR. The Poly was gorgeous, more than I had expected it would be.
Disney gave us our "Magical Memories" pins and we wore them throughout the week. We got free desserts at Casey's, the Plaza restaurant pixie dusted our table, and we were sent to the front of the line and given free fast passes on numerous occasions. Over at Epcot, a CM handed us a phone and told us Mickey and Minnie wanted to congratulate us. It was a cute recording over the phone.
Everyone says congratulations to you and the pins also sparked up conversations with other guests while waiting in lines. It was fun to meet other couples who had honeymooned there and of course everyone offers you a little bit of marriage advice. :) You can also get the bride/groom ears, but, they were a little uncomfortable in the heat. We only wore ours one day.
As far as dining, we had the dining plan so we ate at a different restaurant every night. I would recommend 'Ohanas and the California Grill as they are our two favorites and have eaten there on every trip.
For romance, I would suggest doing the Wishes fireworks cruise if you have the room to splurge a little bit. It was very romantic, just us and our driver on the lagoon. Or, something just as romantic and totally free, watch Wishes from the beach at the Poly. Very peaceful.
Sorry, that was long winded, but I could go on and on about our honeymoon!

Ciciwoowoo

I got married in 1995 and stayed in the Wilderness Lodge. Very nice, romantic place! Back then, there wasn't the emphasis on honeymooning there like there is now, so we pretty much walked around like normal tourists.

I think the most memorable experience was going to the Hoop-Dee-Doo. They have a part in the show where they look for honeymooners and anniversary people. We got to dance to "Let me call you Sweetheart".

The honeymoon was great. The marriage didn't last, but I've still got great Disney memories!

nelsonj3

My wife and I took our Honeymoon trip last year to WDW. My parents gave us four nights at the Boardwalk Villas as a wedding present. We spent four days at the parks, and the Boardwalk Villas was a perfect place to stay because my wife and I both love World Showcase, so we loved being able to walk right over to WS.

Also, our first night on the trip was July 4th, so we got to watch Illuminations: ROE on July 4th, which was an added bonus!

After our 4 nights at BWV, we then took a 3 day cruise on the Disney Wonder. The Land/Sea combination was great, because we got to relax and rest on the cruise after our 4 days at the parks. We even had time to go back to World Showcase for a few hours after the cruise before we got picked up to be taken back to the airport. All in all, it was a great trip!!

BTW, I wish we had known about the Magical Memories pins, we didn't get those! Although we did get pretty special treatment on the cruise. We got "It's My Honeymoon" pins, they made us a Honeymoon Cake, and our waitors gave us both a free glass of wine with the cake.

gary_flower

Im getting married at WDW in december and staying for our honeymoon.
I havent had it yet but is look amazing and they do so so much for you.
Get in touch with a wedding/honeymoon planner and see what they can do as you can get discounts. Got the this website www.disneyweddings.com

We just came back from our Honeymoon in May.. We stayed at POFQ and had a blast.. Those pins came in handy, and we received mardi gras beads with brides and grooms on them from the resort.. We also got an autographed pic of MIckey and Minnie saying congratulations.. We got many congratulations and free desserts at Raglan Road and Le Cellier.. For something very romantic, try the Carriage ride from Port Orleans Riverside.. That was very nice.. We will be going back for our first anniversary and hopefully every year after that :D

coltow

We spent 10 days at the Wilderness Lodge in September 2000. Loved every minute of it. We had what they call a "Honeymoon room" it wasn't a suite, but a very large room with an amazing bathroom. These rooms are located at the very top of the totem poles, not a great view, but it was private. There was chamagne in our room when we got there. We kept eating at Whispering Canyon for breakfast and our server gave us a full set of their napkins at the end of our stay. Tell every restaurant and they'll try to go a little something.

goofntink

Got Married at Gf at Wdw last year and honeymoon was there also.All we can say was awesome experience. Got lots of free dessert at different restaurants.One older couple even paid for our Dinner the night after our wedding at California Grill,and told us the were celebrating their 50th,and wished us many happy years,we told them when we come back here for ours we will do the same for another couple.Got the wedding ears too, and wore them every day,along with the pins.Cm congradulations came from everyone,and can't tell you how many times they took us to the front of the line.Will will be back there for our 1st anniversary July 20-25,and to celebrate that we are expecting our 1st child A BOY!! in October and he will be the 1st grandson on both sides of the family,but shhhhhh..:lookaroun my wonderful wife does not know we are going yet.

Since1976

We didn't stay on property, but the capper for our honeymoon vacation to WDW was a nighttime dinner (with fireworks) at the Contemporary Resort's California Grill. You're way up above the parks, and get the grandest view of the property from up there.

We went in August 2002, and were able to make priority seating for 7PM on the morning we decided to go there. That may have been a fluke -- it's recommended that you make your reservations way in advance.

dukehoopsfan

19 years ago today my husband and I were married and spent our honeymoon at WDW for our honeymoon. Like Ciciwoowoo said - there wasn't the emphasis on honeymooning as there is now and we were just normal tourist. We did have a "romantic" dinner in EPCOT - and got to talking to the couple sitting next to us - they were at WDW celebrating their 40th anniversary. So when the waiter found out he had newlyweds and 40th anniversary couples - he brought each couple a desser to share!

I keep hinting at our 25th anniversary - and I am trying to talk my husband into renewing our vows at WDW and wear the Mickey and Minnie wedding ears! :lol:

snakeislandboy

The Mrs. and I had an amazing honeymoon last Christmas at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Our room was quiet and out of the way. Waking up in the morning to see the animals and sharing a pot of coffee was awesome. I called the flower shop and had them deliver a basket with our ears to the room. It was waiting on us when we got there. We wore the ears and had an amazing time. We were treated like royalty. Every castmember went out of their way to make it the most magical honeymoon I could have imagined. We got "Congratulations" from everyone, which was especially cool during the parades. We also got line fronts and comp tickets to the MVMCP which was even sold out!!! We're going back in Dec for our 1 yr aniversary. I hope we can make it a traditon.

erasure fan1

We got married in 2000 and our honeymoon was in Disney. We stayed at old key west for 12 days. It was a great trip, the last one that we could just do or go see anything we wanted. We had a lot of fun at the parks and the water parks. Now we have a little one and its all about them and thats a new world of fun.

agdbeanie

We had our honeymoon there in 2001 and it was AWESOME. We stayed at POFQ b/c we met in New Orleans and that was a sentimental ambience for us. When Disney finds out it's your honeymoon they do a lot of little things to make it special. One day we came back from the parks to find an autographed photo of Mickey & Minnie on their wedding day and a white chocolate Mickey & Minnie treat! At Tony's Town Square the entire restaurant sang to us and they took a picture of us kissing in front of the fountain w/Lady & the Tramp. We bought the wedding mouse ears but we didn't wear them around...
It was a great honeymoon and we have been back countless times since.

LaughingGravy

I know a couple who honeymooned there who loved WDW. They did the bride and groom ear hats and everything.
They're divorced now.
I just hope they can each enjoy WDW now wherever their lives take them.
Yea, I know. Downer.
Both are really great people.

ErickainPA

We married at Wilderness Lodge back in December, 2001, we had a great time. We arrived the day before the wedding (13th) and stayed until the 20th. It was such a romantic trip, we had the bride and groom hats and pins. The hats we wore for the first 3 days and than the rest of the time the pins. Our wedding dinner we had at Artist Point. We also ate at Whispering Canyon 1 day and Morocco with Candlelight Processional seating. We ate in Japan 1 day and they gave us a gold and silver crane (they said it was for a happy marriage). If you wear the pins or hats, be ready to say Thank You a lot. There are perks to it as well. We had dinner at California Grill and were seated at the window to watch the fireworks and they gave us a glass of wine (didn't care for California Grill too much though) In the parks we were able to get photos even if the characters were getting ready to leave, loaded on rides fast and didn't get cut off if we were at the end of that load, we never had to wait to get on a ride this way.

Have a blast

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
We had our honeymoon there 10 years ago in October. That was the year of the 25th anniversary. Yes...we saw the "big pink cake" of a castle.

We stayed for a week at the Poly. Had a great time. At the time they had a special couples package for romantic/honeymoon vacations. So we got a bunch of free stuff.

We got coupons for a free sit down breakfast or lunch every day. We used them at Kona Cafe each morning. It became such a tradition that we still to this day visit Kona for breakfast each year on our anniversary when we return.

They asked us if there was anything we wanted while we were there and they would try to get it for us. My wife wanted one of the Simba flags there were all over for the celebration. But, they were not allowed to give us that.

So instead, one night upon return from the parks we had a bunch of stuff in our room. We got a signed photo of Mick n' Min, perfumes and colognes, a Simba stuffed animal, and a piece of jewelry. We were shocked and amazed they gave all this stuff to us. We found most of the items at various shops around WDW later in the week, and let me tell you, it was over $100 worth of stuff.

This is the kind of magic I've come to expect from Disney, and they never let me down. It made our honeymoon special, and it's one of the reason we return every year to this day.

Have fun!

Manders

I can't wait til I have some honeymoon stories to share!! Only 89 more days and mine starts! We got engaged at WDW in May and can't wait to get back!

Carrotski

My new wife and I will be going on our honeymoon next weeked, staying at the AKL. I was just wondering what the "Magical Memories" pins are and how do you get them?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Yes. We didn't get a honeymoon package, per se, but we did have a nice gift waiting for us at check-in. If you make ADR's, make sure you tell the person that you are on your honeymoon and you may get something special, like a dessert, or a certificate saying that you 'got hitched' (from the Garden Grill :D ). Wearing your Mickey and Minnie wedding ears can help, too. ;)

Oh yes, our honeymoon package also included a photo session at MK. We have pictures of us up on the Castle. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom